[THEME] IceFisha theme for Sense 3.5 (Runnymede AiO // Runny ROM // RSK)

Search This thread

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
I know a lot of people are moving over to the beta ICS ROMs, but for those who are sticking with GB/Sense 3.5 ROMs for now, thought I would share my custom theme. Been using it myself since seb's original AiO ROMs, so hopefully there shouldn't be any major bugs by now ;)

Since I now have two versions, I thought I would share them here in a separate thread, rather than the individual ROM threads. Makes it easier for me troubleshoot (and update, if I find something else to change!).

Each is based on files taken from the respective ROM, in order to keep any framework mods the ROM author may have applied (I know that seb definitely made some changes to his framework-res.apk to address battery issues). Whilst they may be cross-compatible, I suggest sticking to the version for your ROM...but you knew that anyway, right ;) For the same reason, I cannot guarantee any compatibility with any other Sense 3.5 ROM but if anyone does try it, feedback would be welcome!

AS ALWAYS, NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING....AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Runnymede AiO version
- compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards
- for CM7r2 HBOOT only (though stock users could extract the files and install manually)
- not tested it with the new 6.1 beta, so if anyone tests it please let me know how you get on

IceFisha v1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Runny ROM version
- compatible with v5.x upwards
- includes swipe-to-remove notifications - thanks to shub for getting it working!
- v2.1 has been tested by shub

IceFisha v2.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

RSK Team Sense 3.5 ROM
- based on framework taken from RSK v6.0 (confirmed to work on RSK v7.x, thanks to Hopie)
- new v2 now includes swipe-to-remove notifications mod

IceFisha v2 - DOWNLOAD HERE

WHAT DO YOU GET

v2.x
  • Includes the "swipe to remove notifications" mod

v1.x
  • Themed framework-res/SystemUI/com.htc.resources - blue/black theme throughout
    • Battery icons/charging icons
    • Other system icons
    • Shutdown menu etc
    • Signal strength indicators
    • ICS styling for non-ICS apps (see Titanium Backup screenshot)
    • More things I forgot - seek and you shall find!
  • Blue Browser
  • Themed calendar (see screenshot)
  • Themed Gmail (blue/black)
  • Themed Dialer (see screenshot)
  • Themed HTC Music app (see screenshot)
  • Themed HTC Mail app
  • Themed Settings page (see screenshot)
  • Themed YouTube

NEW

Cooked up a modded version of the standard HTC keyboard using Jonasl's HTC_IME online skin kitchen, thought I'd share it. Just download and install as an normal .apk. Screenshot added below. DOWNLOAD HERE

CREDITS

he_sthe one - for the ICS styling and some of the icons etc, and the themed .apks
alexdiaz and esko2k - for their original Froyo themes, again a valuable source of images

sebastiaan15 } for their hard work in giving us these awesome Sense 3.5 ROMs
RSK team } and extending my Desire's lifespan by several months!

shubhamchamaria - for succeeding where I failed and getting the swipe-to-remove notifications working!

Last edited:

HandyBesitzer

Jan 29, 2012
Köln
Hi

these Theme looks really great.

Can you maybe make some Themes compatible with Desire Runnymede AIO 6.0.4.1 Stock Hboot?

or tell me how to do?

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Hi

these Theme looks really great.

Can you maybe make some Themes compatible with Desire Runnymede AIO 6.0.4.1 Stock Hboot?

or tell me how to do?

I never used the stock hboot version. If you can find out the file path for the app folder and framework folder, I could try and come up with something. It will probably be buried somewhere in seb's thread. Or you can transfer the .apks across manually using adb - again I'm sure instructions were already mentioned in the thread at some point. Time for you to do some digging... :)

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Very nice theme, but saying "compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards" is not correct. Causes bootloops on AIO 6.0.4.3.

Thanks for the feedback. V6.0.4.3 wasn't out when I posted this, but v5.x and v6.x both use the same ROM base, so the framework files are unchanged between the two versions. Just to check, you are using this with the CM7r2 HBOOT version of the ROM, right?

Anyone else having problems with the new AiO ROM?

bladione

Mar 8, 2012
i got 2 questions about this theme:

1) will this theme work on RCMix 3D Runnymede ROM?

2) will it work on the htc inspire?

Brunas

Jul 21, 2010
Kaunas
www.bunokas.lt
Thanks for the feedback. V6.0.4.3 wasn't out when I posted this, but v5.x and v6.x both use the same ROM base, so the framework files are unchanged between the two versions. Just to check, you are using this with the CM7r2 HBOOT version of the ROM, right?

Yes, I'm trying to use it with CM7/r2. Tried everything. Copied separate files to appropriate locations with no luck. Will try today later to put it on completely new ROM installation.

EDIT: BTW, after some investigation found that IceHD theme has no framework.jar file and it boots normally, but causes lots of FC everywhere (probably because of old base). Anyway, I had no luck installing your theme without framework.jar...

EDIT2: Fully wiped, installed AIO 6.0.4.3, installed your theme without reboot and now have bootloop. FYI, this is LOG file

Last edited:

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Not sure what the problem is since others are using the theme with 6.0.4.3. Will take a look at the log you provided, but think it may be better for me to flash 6.0.4.3 myself, that way I can test it better. Hopefully do that tonight

EDIT: Took a look at the log file...have little to no coding knowledge, so a lot of it doesn't mean much to me! That said, couldn't see anything related to the theme files. There was thing I saw in the log though. Have you tried fixing permissions in recovery after flashing the theme?

EDIT2: Ok, just flashed AIO 6.0.4.3. If I flash the theme straight away without rebooting, I also got boot loops. However, if I flashed the ROM, rebooted and let the ROM settle, then reboot into recovery and flash the theme, it seems to boot up fine. Not sure why its not working for you, but might be worth trying a reboot in between flashing the ROM and the theme. If that doesn't work, have uploaded a couple of other versions - maybe you could try them out and let me know how you get on?

v1.1

v1.2

Last edited:

Brunas

Jul 21, 2010
Kaunas
www.bunokas.lt
EDIT2: Ok, just flashed AIO 6.0.4.3. If I flash the theme straight away without rebooting, I also got boot loops. However, if I flashed the ROM, rebooted and let the ROM settle, then reboot into recovery and flash the theme, it seems to boot up fine. Not sure why its not working for you, but might be worth trying a reboot in between flashing the ROM and the theme. If that doesn't work, have uploaded a couple of other versions - maybe you could try them out and let me know how you get on?

Thanks for your hard work and helping me. I managed to install theme myself without reading your post :). I did exactly the way you did. Installed, rebooted, rebooted to recovery again and installed theme.
Would be fun to try your idea with permissions, maybe will do that later.

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
Thanks for your hard work and helping me. I managed to install theme myself without reading your post :). I did exactly the way you did. Installed, rebooted, rebooted to recovery again and installed theme.
Would be fun to try your idea with permissions, maybe will do that later.

Glad you got it working. Unless you get force closes, you don't need to fix permissions - my install script does it for you. Just thought it might be worth trying...

fisha21

Nov 23, 2007
I'll use RUNNY ROM v5.0
And still not working. after instalation, phone have bootloop. :/

Ah, that explains it! This theme won't work for Runny ROM v5 since shub made changes to SystemUI and framework.jar - the versions I uploaded are for seb's AIO ROM and the RSK ROM.

EDIT: Runny ROM version added to OP. Not had a chance to test it yet, so please let me know if it works ok

Last edited:

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
@fisha21:

Runny ROM version is still not working...could you please fix it!!
SystemUI.apk crashes!!
And please test this time because i added the theme to my OP!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know a lot of people are moving over to the beta ICS ROMs, but for those who are sticking with GB/Sense 3.5 ROMs for now, thought I would share my custom theme. Been using it myself since seb's original AiO ROMs, so hopefully there shouldn't be any major bugs by now ;)

Since I now have two versions, I thought I would share them here in a separate thread, rather than the individual ROM threads. Makes it easier for me troubleshoot (and update, if I find something else to change!).

Each is based on files taken from the respective ROM, in order to keep any framework mods the ROM author may have applied (I know that seb definitely made some changes to his framework-res.apk to address battery issues). Whilst they may be cross-compatible, I suggest sticking to the version for your ROM...but you knew that anyway, right ;) For the same reason, I cannot guarantee any compatibility with any other Sense 3.5 ROM but if anyone does try it, feedback would be welcome!

AS ALWAYS, NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE FLASHING....AND FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

Runnymede AiO version
    - compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards
    - for CM7r2 HBOOT only (though stock users could extract the files and install manually)
    - not tested it with the new 6.1 beta, so if anyone tests it please let me know how you get on

IceFisha v1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Runny ROM version
    - compatible with v5.x upwards
    - includes swipe-to-remove notifications - thanks to shub for getting it working!
    - v2.1 has been tested by shub

IceFisha v2.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

RSK Team Sense 3.5 ROM
    - based on framework taken from RSK v6.0 (confirmed to work on RSK v7.x, thanks to Hopie)
    - new v2 now includes swipe-to-remove notifications mod

IceFisha v2 - DOWNLOAD HERE

WHAT DO YOU GET

v2.x
    • Includes the "swipe to remove notifications" mod

v1.x
    • Themed framework-res/SystemUI/com.htc.resources - blue/black theme throughout
      • Battery icons/charging icons
      • Other system icons
      • Shutdown menu etc
      • Signal strength indicators
      • ICS styling for non-ICS apps (see Titanium Backup screenshot)
      • More things I forgot - seek and you shall find!
    • Blue Browser
    • Themed calendar (see screenshot)
    • Themed Gmail (blue/black)
    • Themed Dialer (see screenshot)
    • Themed HTC Music app (see screenshot)
    • Themed HTC Mail app
    • Themed Settings page (see screenshot)
    • Themed YouTube

NEW

Cooked up a modded version of the standard HTC keyboard using Jonasl's HTC_IME online skin kitchen, thought I'd share it. Just download and install as an normal .apk. Screenshot added below. DOWNLOAD HERE

CREDITS

he_sthe one - for the ICS styling and some of the icons etc, and the themed .apks
    alexdiaz and esko2k - for their original Froyo themes, again a valuable source of images

sebastiaan15 } for their hard work in giving us these awesome Sense 3.5 ROMs
    RSK team } and extending my Desire's lifespan by several months!

shubhamchamaria - for succeeding where I failed and getting the swipe-to-remove notifications working!

Hi,
    I need some help enabling the blue Jonasl's HTC_IME you're mentioning at OP. Is there anything else to do other than just download and install the .apk?? cause my keyboard isn't changing. That happened both at runny AIO and RunnyRom with int2sd.
    Very nice theme, thanks for your efforts!

+1

Keyboard is still not working for me too, HTC_IME is check in parameters, reboot doesn't change anything...

SOLUTION : Just found how to activate the keyboard : long press on an input field and tap on Entry Mode and choose the keyboard !
    @ fisha21
    a question ... , make your in future more themes for Runnymede and RSK ??

Please-please, make your a little darker themes , in black or dark-blue colors by the headers by the menues ??

Thanks for your comments, glad you're liking the theme. Sadly, I just gave away my Desire so won't be making any more themes for it!

this theme looks awesome but can i flash it with stock hboot? I am using Runny Rom v 7.02..

EDIT: And if I install it then will i be able to change to my default theme?
    P.S. sorry for being noob :p

Doesn't matter which hboot you've got, that only affects the ROM. To change back to default theme, you'll need to reflash your ROM without wiping. Or make a nandroid backup before flashing this theme, then its easy to go back.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

I like this!
    Very nice theme, but saying "compatible with AiO Special Edition v5.0.4 upwards" is not correct. Causes bootloops on AIO 6.0.4.3.

Strange, it works perfect on my 6.0.4.3 with cm7r2/ad2sdx...

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium