[Newbie Friendly] Zooper Q&A Help Thread

Search This thread

withabanjo

Apr 20, 2017
Picky formula question

So I'm trying to produce text that indicates whether it is cold, hot, cool, or warm outside, using conditionals, as well as rainy, sunny, etc. The final should read:
It's a cloudy, warm Thursday.
I have two questions, I guess. First, does this formula look like it will work? Anyone see any problems?
It's a #WCCOND#y, $#W0MAXN#>=70?hot$$#W0MAXN#<=50?cold$ $#W0MAXN#<=69&&#W0MAXN#>=60?warm$$#W0MAXN#<=59&&#W0MAXN#>=51?cool$ #DEEEE#
So the only problem I can find is that the #WCCOND# tag isn't an adjective (rain, sun, wind, clouds, right?) So I had to tack that y on the end. Only then for cloudy I get "cloudsy" and I assume I'll get "suny" instead of sunny. Is there an adjective form code I can use for conditions so I don't have to write more conditionals to fix spelling?
Thanks!

jmaeshawn

Apr 28, 2017
Iconsets not appearing in menu

Hi, I'm new (to both Android and Zooper) and am working on porting the homescreen widgets I used on my jailbroken iPhone for use in Zooper Pro.

Here's my question: I just made a Glasklart iconset with a large amount of icons for use in my weather widget, and put the zip file in my Google Pixel XL's "/storage/emulated/0/ZooperWidget/IconSets/" folder (the Pixel's emulated SD card folder). However, my problem is that I go to configure the widget, tap "layout", tap the "scalable icon set" that is currently assigned to Meteor Weather Icons, and swipe down to "Iconset" where it comes up with the list of only three choices: "Battery Icons Filled", "Climacons", or "Meteor Weather Icons".

Thinking that maybe my created iconset wasn't formatted correctly or something, I tested it by downloading several iconsets from this site that other's made and copied their zip files to the same directory. However, they do not show up in the selection menu, either. Am I copying these to the wrong place, or what is wrong here? Do I need to manually unzip the files or something?

Please help me figure out why iconsets don't seem to want to cooperate with me by loading and being selectable. Thanks in advance.

DannyNoordam

Mar 3, 2015
Hello, I'm kinda noob..
How do I show it say like 'Evening, afternoon, morning"?

I use it like, this evening its this temperature

Can some one help?

G

GuestD2602

RibkY2V_d.jpg

I’m sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this but can someone tell me what widget is being shown on the Galaxy S8+? Thanks.

partridge79

May 25, 2015
Gardner
Whenever i try to place a bitmap module I get nothing showing in zooper just a tiny square at the top and exiting to homwscreen just shows a folder icon cant select any images and the widgets i made in the past are not displaying any bitmaps when placed. (they show in sdcard screen "in zooper")

rajesh4xda

Sep 15, 2015
HOW TO USE THIS SKIN IN ZOOPER WIDGETS? I upgraded to pro to get the showcased skins in playstore,but I still see those small widgets only. I need this widget please help :(
89e0f2993ba0f32f32f61e7aeca34afc.jpg
9199e1c977317e738134985c9ff0a497.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Mar 25, 2015
Munich
Whenever i try to place a bitmap module I get nothing showing in zooper just a tiny square at the top and exiting to homwscreen just shows a folder icon cant select any images and the widgets i made in the past are not displaying any bitmaps when placed. (they show in sdcard screen "in zooper")
I have the exact same problem. I try to replace a bitmap. Everytime i choose the right one in the file list, the app crashes. I also tried to create a new bitmap widget and start from scratch but that doesnt work either :(

partridge79

May 25, 2015
Gardner
I have the exact same problem. I try to replace a bitmap. Everytime i choose the right one in the file list, the app crashes. I also tried to create a new bitmap widget and start from scratch but that doesnt work either :(
I found the issue was which app you use to pick the image. Gallery wouldnt work for me. Try a few different apps (I ended up using fx file manager) but I believe the lineage/CM manager worked also as far as the crash when scrolling haven't figured out what's causing that yet might be same...

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
I've got Eye in the Sky for weather on one of my widgets, but the widget refuses to use the selected icon set I've picked, anyone know how I can fix this?

Screens:

I want to use these icons:
SB69vog.png

But they're not in the list to select, I've tried each one to no avail, just seems to keep using the default:
Zy6AnDQ.png

Result:
isfiwUF.png

Seems like the solution would be to somehow get it to show up under the icon set selection in zooper, but I've tried swapping icon sets in Eye in Sky and it just won't appear as a selection.

Any ideas / help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit: only solution I could find is to download the Symbolicons.zip from here https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2084070&page=9 and place it in the zooper icon set folder, although I'd prefer to use the new symbolicons but this will have to do unless anyone has a fix.

Thanks.

Last edited:

agritux

Apr 11, 2012
Ankara
Hi, i am using lineage os latest nightly. Zooper does not showing weather for 2 or 3 months. GPS permissions ok. I tried all zooper weather providers from zooper settings. Any solution? Thanks.

Feemy

Apr 15, 2015
I have recently noticed that when I set location in Zooper widget, only Yr.no works now for weather information. It's not often I choose a widget with weather info and location but today I did. Before I used to use Open Weather map and the weather used to show up fine for the given location. Now it only shows "Unknown" and "??". The same applies for Yahoo!

I'm guessing it's because I'm using a newer phone than previously and it's not supported. Plus the fact that Zooper isn't get updated by the developers. Anyone else had this issue?

NickMacSomething

Sep 8, 2017
I made a widget in which the on tap mondule is a flashlight shortcut...now I want when I tap at my widget and and,the flashlight is activated, to change color and again when the flashlight closes...help

badral9

Aug 6, 2014
#WCTEMP# - Current Temperature
#W0MAX# - Today's MAX Tempra
These two formula displays exact same value. how to fix this?

wbarnes4393

Jul 31, 2010
I modified an existing Zooper widget, to just leave the day and date. You can see what my layout looks like in the attached screenshot. As you can see, right now I have it centered, and there is a ton of blank space at the top and the bottom. I would like to modify it to where there is no blank space - just the content surrounded immediately by the border. In other words, I want to crop away the extra space at the top and bottom.

Is this possible? Sorry if this is obvious - I am just now learning how to use Zooper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171125-215402.jpg
    Screenshot_20171125-215402.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 80

mshtob

Dec 30, 2013
is there a way to have a countdown that shows the number of minutes or seconds left to a date?
I used #D03310400Rd' days 'Rhh'h 'Rmm'm'# and it shows "116 days 10h 20m" which is great but I want it to show
167040 minutes left
is this possible?

zephyr1100

Dec 5, 2010
is there a way to have a countdown that shows the number of minutes or seconds left to a date?
I used #D03310400Rd' days 'Rhh'h 'Rmm'm'# and it shows "116 days 10h 20m" which is great but I want it to show
167040 minutes left
is this possible?

Try
Code:
$(#D03310400Rd#*24*60+#D03310400Rhh#*60+#D03310400Rmm#)$ m

Reactions: mshtob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask Your Zooper Question!

Having gone through the, at the moment of typing, 7 pages in this subforum; it quickly became apparent that a lot of members had questions they wanted answered regarding varying components of Zooper Widget Pro ranging from problems "caused" by it to some coding/programming help.

My aim is to create a singular thread where members can dump all of their queries and, hopefully, in that process help each other out where possible. Of course, it wouldn't go amiss if a few wisened senior members (read: not me) can drop in every now and then to aid replying to the questions. If you have some niche/specific questions, by all means go ahead and create your own thread if you can't find your solution here.

As thread starter, I'll make it clear that, unlike Zooper Widget, I'm no Pro. I've been playing around with UCCW for a long time until recently another member advised me to give Zooper a try. It's been a week since then, and I'm still being amazed by the features available. I've still got to learn more about integrating with Tasker in order to add even more functionality but I've got plenty of time to work that out.

Currently, I've been working on a mainly Zooper based homescreen pack which I may post later on. Suffice to say, I have basic knowledge of manipulating codes, editing layout, and dabbled my hands in progress bars, changing icon sets, etc. I think it would be a great idea to spread what I know and, perhaps, get something back as well.

Links to somewhat helpful resources which you should probably have a look at before making your post here:
    - Zooper Widget - The Complete Guide VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget Conditionals - The Basics VIDEO
    - Zooper Widget - Advanced Parameters VIDEO
    - Comprehensive list of Zooper Guides, References & Advanced Parameters as compiled by Kwerdenker XDA

Cheers.
    This is my first time playing with parameters in Zooper and I am stuck with a frankly embarrassingly basic problem. I want to print text in one of three colors based on temperature but Zooper only seems to register the first condition and prints everything as red. Here's the offending snippet:
    $#WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

Try to put the parameters in the opposite order (low to high in this case), usually solves that problem for me.

In general you are better off if you properly guard your conditions on both sides of the range, where they should be true, to avoid overlap between them. So instead of writing the above, you would end up with this:
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 90 && #WCTEMPN#<150?[c=#ffff0000]$
    $#WCTEMPN# >= 75 && #WCTEMPN#<90?[c=#ffeb8600]$
    $#WCTEMPN#<75?[c=#ff777777]$
    #WCTEMPN#°[/c]

This is to ensure that only one condition can be true at the same time, which is important for the parser of Zooper.
    Just fooling around with Zooper and was wondering if it's possible to mask a bitmap with a shape within Zooper. For example have a square picture inside of a circle. Or do you have to create the circle bitmap and import it. Thanks.

You can do a limited type of masking in Zooper with the "Drawing Mode" option of most modules. "Clear" will mask anything below that module down to the module, "XOR" will work as "Clear" if there is something below and act normal for the parts that don't have anything below them.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

hey guys, i want to make some widgets ontap point to some things which i cannot seem to do.

for example how can i pull up settings - storage?
    or settings - battery?

seems like some things are available but not all?

Give this free app a try https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ss.moreshortcuts . It will enable you to use shortcuts to virtually anything on your phone :)
    Hey, everyone!

I'd like to have a couple templates of text for weekdays. Let's say it's Monday: "it's just Monday" and when it's Friday then: "relax it's already Friday"? How can I achieve that? :confused:

F6PN367.png

Text module:
    Code:
    $#DE#=Mon?it's just Monday$
    $#DE#=Tue?oh, it's Tuesday$
    $#DE#=Wed?hey, it's Wednesday$

and so on for each weekday.

Hope I could help
    Hi, I wanted to ask help for my Widget in which I would like to set the time and the date of the latest update on the Widget as the Weather Widget from Samsing Galaxy would know how doing?
    Thank you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

This is available as a free date variable, so you have to put in what information you want to have displayed. Something like 09:23 23/06 (Hours:Minutes Day/Month) for instance would be #WLRHH:mm dd/mm#. Use this as the content of a (Rich) Text module and you should be good to go.
    If you want to more information about free date formats, you can check the Date subsection in the editor to see all available fields or go to this http://www.zooper.org/wp/android/zw/date website.