[ROM][32A] Stock Rogers 3.05 ROM w/Root "Feels like home, doesn't it?" [2-16-2010]

Search This thread

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
[ROM][32A] Stock Rogers 3.05 ROM w/Root "Feels like home, doesn't it?" [2-16-2010]

Stock Rogers 3.05 ROM
with root and Superuser.apk

Completely stock Rogers update.zip. Built for Rogers customers who want a stock ROM, but with root permissions.

WARNING! This update has fangs! It will flash the 6.35.10.18 radio to your phone. Do not flash if you are not a Rogers customer and do not want the 6.35.10.18 radio flashed to your phone!

WARNING! This update will erase all user data from your phone! Make sure to back up your files and settings first!

You have been warned!

Features:
- root
- Superuser.apk
- English and French (Canadian French) only.
- Rogers apps and wallpapers.

Requirements:
- SPL 1.76.2007
- Amon_RA Hero Recovery or Magic32A-6.35 Recovery

Instructions:
- Download the ROM Update.zip
- Save it to SD card
- Boot into Recovery using Home and Power.
- Flash update.zip, select Rogers-3.05-Stock-Rooted-signed.zip
- Reboot using the Amon_RA Menu option
- Wait for it to reboot!!!! It will display a phone with an arrow going into it while it flashes. This will take less than 2 minutes.
- It will boot back into Recovery mode and format the CACHE.
- Reboot your phone
- The first boot takes some time, be patient.

Download:

Rogers Stock 3.05 ROM with ROOT

Atlas24

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
hey Cursor,

thanks for this. your working hard as always i see

sorry for the newb question

would your cursorSense is as fast and smooth as this one. Any need to change?

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
hey Cursor,

thanks for this. your working hard as always i see

sorry for the newb question

would your cursorSense is as fast and smooth as this one. Any need to change?

This ROM is fast and rock solid, but lacking on the features that I've built into CursorSense like compcache, enhanced kernel, etc...
If you're running CursorSense and are happy with it, don't flash this one. This is for Rogers customers who want the default Rogers experience (with root)

Talon88

Jun 13, 2009
Toronto
:::

Thanks CursorDroid for your hard working.
Does this mean we can use this to [ROOT] a
brand new Rogers Magic? (ie: HBOOT-1.33.0005/RADIO-3.22.20.17)

For me, CursorSense v1.2.6.1 is very stable & fast.
I will stay with CursorSense at the moment!

Looking Forward for your Mod'ed Android 2.1 Sense when
HTC officially release!

:::

Last edited:

psyminion

Aug 5, 2009
stupid question

If I flash this rom, will I lose the ability to flash other custom roms? I already have the updated radio, so thats no concern, however I don't want to mess with anything else.

Thanks for all your awesome work!

qakgob

Oct 16, 2009
Canterbury
So, if I understand correct, this rom automatically updates you to the new radio. Would this be a possible way to update to the new radio to use cursorsense and the like? Becuase I'm having a bit of trouble getting the android sdk set up on my computer.

KAwAtA

Jan 15, 2010
So, if I understand correct, this rom automatically updates you to the new radio. Would this be a possible way to update to the new radio to use cursorsense and the like? Becuase I'm having a bit of trouble getting the android sdk set up on my computer.

I wouldn't recommend doing it this way at all, but if you insist.. do you have SPL 1.76.2007? If you don't, then I wouldn't do it if I were you. You also have to update your recovery to hero and without android sdk, that makes things a tiny bit more complicated. You need to set up your android sdk.

What kind of trouble are you having setting up android sdk? I just downloaded it, extracted and that was it. How are you having trouble with that?

Last edited:

maxqc

Dec 4, 2007
Does this ROM shows the same Firmware, Baseband and Build version as the "real" Rogers update in "About phone" ?

So if I call them, they wont know I use this ROM instead of their official one ??

TY