[2 May 2013] [APP] WiFi Tether - Eclipse Mod

Search This thread

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I have created a modified version of WiFi Tether for Root Users that is available on Google Play Store. I have recompiled it from source and forced device profile to 'passion' so it now works on HTC HD2 out of the box without the need of modifying default settings.

Usage
  1. download attached RAR
  2. enable installation of apps from "Unknown sources" in Settings > Applications
  3. manually install app using file explorer from SD card or push APK to /data/app using ADB

Download

Source code
Repository is located on GitHub.

Last edited:

Sebgti42

Jun 9, 2009
LOIRE 42
Thank you very much.
It's work very well.
You instal you run and it work with my hd2 and my galaxy tab 10.1 P7500.
No more need setting the app.

Thanks you again

-pixelfreak-

Aug 1, 2010
Glashütten
re

hay daekin

i have insert your modded wifi tether in my JB 4.2.2 AOKP/CARBON rom and have test this. your app works well with non problem or mistakes.
great jo my friend.
i have see your github from this app and have see thats you have insert only the passion device? right?

this.device = DEVICE_PASSION; // Overrides: android.os.Build.DEVICE; //NativeTask.getProp("ro.product.device");

the rest is only your sign? right?

many thanks for this great job....

can i work with your wifi tether in my rom´s please ????

pixelfreak

Daekin

Mar 23, 2009
Bratislava
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes, that is the trick. Also I have altered app name and raised version number so it will never get overriden from Play Store. I left package name the same.

About usin in your ROMs: sure you can use it. I do not prohibit using of my work (like some so-called devs do). I published it to help the community so let it serve you well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

Hi Daekin, i tried to use the app on a s3 i9300 with ldroid rom 4.4.4 installed. Profile was set to Galaxy S3 and setup method to auto, but the starting log always say configuring ap and starting ap failed. All other log entrys are successful. Which profile should I use, or where else could be the problem? Hope you're still here and can help.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have created a modified version of WiFi Tether for Root Users that is available on Google Play Store. I have recompiled it from source and forced device profile to 'passion' so it now works on HTC HD2 out of the box without the need of modifying default settings.

Usage
    1. download attached RAR
    2. enable installation of apps from "Unknown sources" in Settings > Applications
    3. manually install app using file explorer from SD card or push APK to /data/app using ADB

Download

Source code
    Repository is located on GitHub.
    re

hay daekin

i have insert your modded wifi tether in my JB 4.2.2 AOKP/CARBON rom and have test this. your app works well with non problem or mistakes.
    great jo my friend.
    i have see your github from this app and have see thats you have insert only the passion device? right?

this.device = DEVICE_PASSION; // Overrides: android.os.Build.DEVICE; //NativeTask.getProp("ro.product.device");

the rest is only your sign? right?

many thanks for this great job....

can i work with your wifi tether in my rom´s please ????

pixelfreak
    Yes, that is the trick. Also I have altered app name and raised version number so it will never get overriden from Play Store. I left package name the same.

About usin in your ROMs: sure you can use it. I do not prohibit using of my work (like some so-called devs do). I published it to help the community so let it serve you well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
    you're welcome :)