[OTA TOOL] [A50X/G100W] Afterota v1.09

Search This thread

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
WARNING :
USE WITH OTA ANDROID SYSTEMS ONLY ! USAGE ON OTHER CONFIGURATIONS COULD CAUSE THE PROGRAM TO GO HAYWIRE !

WARNING :
CONSIDER DISABLING UAC AND SECURITY SOFTWARE BEFORE USING THIS PROGRAM

WARNING :
BY USING THIS PROGRAM YOU AGREE TO THE FACT THAT YOUR DEVICE MIGHT GET BRICKED IN THE PROCESS. BY USING
THIS PROGRAM YOU ALSO AGREE THAT I (Gersma) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BRICKED DEVICE.

Afterota v1.09
This program primarily targets A50X/G100W tablets with Ota Hc or Ota Ics.
It lets the user install a recovery and a bootloader, compatible with Hc or Ics.
Afterota offers no garanty for succes. You use Afterota at your own risk.
You can always end up with a bricked device.

Features
- auto retrieval of all your tablet ID's
- saving important tablet ID's for future reference
- one click installation of bootloaders, recoveries and optionally stock kernels
- return to stock Hc or Ics through update.zip method
- unsoftbrick your tablet if it gets stuck in apx mode
- root your tablet
- etc . .

Credits ( people who directly or indirectly contributed ) :
- Vache, Jasto, Civato, Scrilax and a lot of guides on Xda

Download ( 104 Mb ) : here
A lite version of the program ( 500 Kb ) is attached to this post, it lets you review and save all the important numbers associated with your tablet.

Changelog
v1.09
18/06/2012
- Afterota now detects if there are multiple android devices connected to the computer.

v1.08
17/06/2012
- Afterota should work with custom roms now ( hc bootloader + flexreaper )
- removed the warning and exclusion when kernel returns bl v0.03.11-ICS. ( see v1.07 changelog )
- added v8 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package

v1.07
04/06/2012
- Afterota should work for all models : A500, A501, G100W
- new method for retrieving information
- when kernel returns bootloader version 0.03.11-ICS all flashing is disabled
- program lets you install ics bootloader on HC roms now
- program layout simplified
- winxp and vista are back in the running

v1.06
31/05/2012
- bugfix in bootloader detection (again)
- added lite version to the package
- added v7 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package

V1.05
31/05/2012
- bugfix in bootloader detection

v1.04
31/05/2012
- when ics build is not recognized, all kernel flashing is disabled

v1.03
30/05/2012
- changed layout a bit to hold more information
- changed the way the id's are detected
- ics version detection for flashing correct kernel
- program restricted for usage on win7 only
- displays uac warning, uac sometimes causes nvflash to crash

v1.02
29/05/2012
- removed the auto reboot after pushing the root packet to the tablet
- updated thor recovery for ics to v1.73
- the program now displays a warning if the file containing serial, cpuid and sbk is not found
- improved the code to disable the "install-recovery.sh" script

v1.01
28/05/2012
- made some changes to the way the program acts in different situations
- when hc rom is detected all ics bootloader & kernel flashing is disabled
- when ics rom is detected all hd bootloader flashing is disabled, except on the "back to stock" tab
- several other changes to the interface as sugested by civato.

v1.00
27/05/2012
- initial release

Last edited:

Tessa33a

Jun 13, 2007
Madrid
expand information please

I understand this correctly? (My English is very bad :))
This program saves me installing the bootloader v3 v4 v6 etc? is that correct?

regards

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
will this work on my PB Liberty Tab (G100W) running HC 3.0.1?

my android version is 3.0.1
and build Number is PB_G100_1.013.02_EMEA_GENS

Last edited:

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
I want actually to install ICS Custom/stock rom with ICS bootloader,

Could you tell me the steps to follow,

Once I install ICS bootloader while I am on HC stock, then I cant boot, so should I flash a ICS rom from CWM immedietly after installing ICS bootloader? or I have to install ICS stock Rom first then ICS bootloader??

yes, with this you can install recoveries, root your tablet, and even return to stock through the update.zip method for eg. selling your tablet !

Last edited:

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
I want actually to install ICS Custom/stock rom with ICS bootloader,

Could you tell me the steps to follow,

Once I install ICS bootloader while I am on HC stock, then I cant boot, so should I flash a ICS rom from CWM immedietly after installing ICS bootloader? or I have to install ICS stock Rom first then ICS bootloader??

1) best to put the ota update zip on the root of your sdcard
2) boot your tablet with vol min pressed until you see recovery image loading
3) then you will end up or in the actual recovery you installed or it will begin flashing the ota ics
4) when you are on ics and you have enabled usb debugging, you can then flash the matching kernel for the ota you had installed (eg version 1.031)
(without the correct kernel on ics, certain recoveries wont work)
5) after reboot, flash recovery and bootloader again
6) remove the sdcard from your tablet, remove the update.zip and put for example flexreaper or any other cwm rom on it. put sdcard back in your tablet.
7) reboot your tablet into the recovery and flash your custom rom you put on your sdcard in the previous step, and your good to go.

you should have done the update.zip method in the first place, or go to ics through the official update system.

Reactions: ZACQ8

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
Many thanks for the Guide,
I will try as guided...

for Packard bell, official ICS updates are not rolled out yet...
only one doubt in the item 1 you mentioned is internal SD or external SD??

thanks again

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Ok I tested it , my conclusions:

-Tablet info section= 10/10
Very easy getting your cpuid and SBK , one click , nice.

-Back to stock= 8/10
I get it but I do hope the new users get how it works so maybe more info with link to full packets thread and link to decrypter thread .

-HC= 9/10
In browse , I would remove the custom bootloader , for HC you only got the A501 and A500 bootloader , for some it would seem that they can flash a custom HC bootloader like on ICS. (My opinion , thinking on newbies)

-ICS=10/10
Everyhting what you need is there.

-Kernel and root = 7/10
Tricky stuff here , maybe better to provide the full stock kernels also (no sys rw hack)
Also I would make clear that only installing the root doesn't give you system/rw acces without installing the hacked kernels.
And make clear that these are not tweaked or OC kernels.
(you are free to add kernels from my thread and if you need a combination just pm me)

-extra stuff =10/10

Overall 9/10 , I flashed a few recovery's and bootloaders using the pre build in packages and using browse and picking my own stuff , really nice and easy !
Maybe a idea for later and do the same as my m8 blackthun3der and allow prebuild packages (.a500apx).

For the A501 , if you download the flash tool from my guide you will find the bootloaders for the A501 in there , if you can't find them let me know !

edit
One question , did you use the correct bootloader to go into apx because for ICS V6 it is a different one then to use when you install HC bootloader. (reason)

Download my tool package from the guide and look for

dlmodeblhc.bin = for a500 getting into apx when installing HC bootloader
dlmodeblhc501.bin = for A501 getting into apx when installing HC bootloader

dlmodeblics.bin = for a500 getting into apx when installing V6
dlmodeblics501.bin = for a501 getting into apx when installing V6

and then you got the HC bootloaders

hcbootloadera500.bin
hcbootloadera501.bin

And ICS bootloaders

ics_boot_unlk_V6_500.bin
ics_boot_unlk_V6_501.bin

Last edited:
Reactions: sfahadzb

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
Many thanks for the Guide,
I will try as guided...

for Packard bell, official ICS updates are not rolled out yet...
only one doubt in the item 1 you mentioned is internal SD or external SD??

thanks again

i meant external sd

I just went back to full stock hc 3.01 on my g100w, stock bootloader and stock recovery, through the update zip method. (one ive downloaded from vache's romlist), i enabled usb debugging on that system and imediatly flashed ics bootloader 3.14.6 + thor recovery v1.72 from the "ics" tab on my program.
Rebooted the tablet afterwords and i could not boot into honeycomb like you say. Then i removed the external SD card from the tablet and put ota ics version 1.031 on it, put it back in the tablet and rebooted the tablet with vol min pressed.
Thors recovery came up, and i did :
1) "choose zip from SD card"
2) in the next menu i choose "update.zip"
3) in the next menu i choose "yes install update.zip"
4) it starts flashing the official ota ics
5) after flashing go to "wipe menu" and do : "wipe data" , "wipe cache" and "wipe dalvik"
6) after that go to "power menu" and reboot your tablet
7) go through the initial android setup (choose wife, choose language etc)
8) enable usb debugging in your android settings (its in the "options for devellopers" section, just above "about tablet"
9) fire up afterota v1.00
10) go to the "kernels and root" tab
11) if you installed ota ics v1.031 then install the corresponding patched kernel, in case of v1.033 choose the other one etc. and start flashing the kernel.
12) if kernel flash is done, shutdown and reboot your tablet into android
13) once you see the android lockscreen press "reconnect tablet" on Afterota (on "tablet info" tab)
14) go to the "kernels and root" tab in After ota and press the "copy" button to copy the cwm root package to the internal sdcard of your tablet. If its done your tablet will automaticly reboot. If you see the android lockscreen proceed to the next step
15) press reconnect tablet in Afterota, if connected proceed to next step
16) go to the "ics" tab in Afterota and flash your recovery of choice again, the only difference between "install a500" and "install g100w" buttons is the bootloader logo, so its not a desaster if you think you've hit the wrong button. If see pass on the screen of your tablet proceed to next step.
17) shutdown and powerup your tablet holding the vol min button pressed to get to the recovery, go to "install from zip file", "choose zip from internal storage", choose "cwm_hc_ics_root.zip", choose "yes install ..", go back, "power menu", "reboot" and let the tablet boot until you see android lockscreen.
18) now in Afterota, reconnect tablet, go to the "extras" tab, and "remove recovery killer script"

Tadaaaaaaa : fully rooted ics + custom bootload + recovery

gersma

Jun 11, 2007
Ok I tested it , my conclusions:

-Tablet info section= 10/10
Very easy getting your cpuid and SBK , one click , nice.

-Back to stock= 8/10
I get it but I do hope the new users get how it works so maybe more info with link to full packets thread and link to decrypter thread .

-HC= 9/10
In browse , I would remove the custom bootloader , for HC you only got the A501 and A500 bootloader , for some it would seem that they can flash a custom HC bootloader like on ICS. (My opinion , thinking on newbies)

-ICS=10/10
Everyhting what you need is there.

-Kernel and root = 7/10
Tricky stuff here , maybe better to provide the full stock kernels also (no sys rw hack)
Also I would make clear that only installing the root doesn't give you system/rw acces without installing the hacked kernels.
And make clear that these are not tweaked or OC kernels.
(you are free to add kernels from my thread and if you need a combination just pm me)

-extra stuff =10/10

Overall 9/10 , I flashed a few recovery's and bootloaders using the pre build in packages and using browse and picking my own stuff , really nice and easy !
Maybe a idea for later and do the same as my m8 blackthun3der and allow prebuild packages (.a500apx).

For the A501 , if you download the flash tool from my guide you will find the bootloaders for the A501 in there , if you can't find them let me know !

edit
One question , did you use the correct bootloader to go into apx because for ICS V6 it is a different one then to use when you install HC bootloader. (reason)

Download my tool package from the guide and look for

dlmodeblhc.bin = for a500 getting into apx when installing HC bootloader
dlmodeblhc501.bin = for A501 getting into apx when installing HC bootloader

dlmodeblics.bin = for a500 getting into apx when installing V6
dlmodeblics501.bin = for a501 getting into apx when installing V6

and then you got the HC bootloaders

hcbootloadera500.bin
hcbootloadera501.bin

And ICS bootloaders

ics_boot_unlk_V6_500.bin
ics_boot_unlk_V6_501.bin

You have some really good tips here, i'll try to import them into the program in the next release. Thank you very much for reviewing the program !

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
Many thanks again mate,

You have already typed a lot for me, sorry to bother again,

OTA HC 3.0.1 was rooted before you flash ICS bootloader from your program??

If I need only a working ICS rom on my Tab, not rooted no CWM, can I stop at the instruction no.6

Last edited:

Skrilax_CZ

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 20, 2009
A500 / A501 bootloaders have tiny difference (aside from the bootlogo, which I changed back to "green Acer"). I shall probably make V7 universal.

However, can you update the tool packages not to flash V3 - it doesn't allow custom BL updates via. CWM (full support for that is in V5 via both CWM and fastboot).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING :
    USE WITH OTA ANDROID SYSTEMS ONLY ! USAGE ON OTHER CONFIGURATIONS COULD CAUSE THE PROGRAM TO GO HAYWIRE !

WARNING :
    CONSIDER DISABLING UAC AND SECURITY SOFTWARE BEFORE USING THIS PROGRAM

WARNING :
    BY USING THIS PROGRAM YOU AGREE TO THE FACT THAT YOUR DEVICE MIGHT GET BRICKED IN THE PROCESS. BY USING
    THIS PROGRAM YOU ALSO AGREE THAT I (Gersma) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BRICKED DEVICE.

Afterota v1.09
    This program primarily targets A50X/G100W tablets with Ota Hc or Ota Ics.
    It lets the user install a recovery and a bootloader, compatible with Hc or Ics.
    Afterota offers no garanty for succes. You use Afterota at your own risk.
    You can always end up with a bricked device.

Features
    - auto retrieval of all your tablet ID's
    - saving important tablet ID's for future reference
    - one click installation of bootloaders, recoveries and optionally stock kernels
    - return to stock Hc or Ics through update.zip method
    - unsoftbrick your tablet if it gets stuck in apx mode
    - root your tablet
    - etc . .

Credits ( people who directly or indirectly contributed ) :
    - Vache, Jasto, Civato, Scrilax and a lot of guides on Xda

Download ( 104 Mb ) : here
    A lite version of the program ( 500 Kb ) is attached to this post, it lets you review and save all the important numbers associated with your tablet.

Changelog
    v1.09
    18/06/2012
    - Afterota now detects if there are multiple android devices connected to the computer.

v1.08
    17/06/2012
    - Afterota should work with custom roms now ( hc bootloader + flexreaper )
    - removed the warning and exclusion when kernel returns bl v0.03.11-ICS. ( see v1.07 changelog )
    - added v8 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package

v1.07
    04/06/2012
    - Afterota should work for all models : A500, A501, G100W
    - new method for retrieving information
    - when kernel returns bootloader version 0.03.11-ICS all flashing is disabled
    - program lets you install ics bootloader on HC roms now
    - program layout simplified
    - winxp and vista are back in the running

v1.06
    31/05/2012
    - bugfix in bootloader detection (again)
    - added lite version to the package
    - added v7 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package

V1.05
    31/05/2012
    - bugfix in bootloader detection

v1.04
    31/05/2012
    - when ics build is not recognized, all kernel flashing is disabled

v1.03
    30/05/2012
    - changed layout a bit to hold more information
    - changed the way the id's are detected
    - ics version detection for flashing correct kernel
    - program restricted for usage on win7 only
    - displays uac warning, uac sometimes causes nvflash to crash

v1.02
    29/05/2012
    - removed the auto reboot after pushing the root packet to the tablet
    - updated thor recovery for ics to v1.73
    - the program now displays a warning if the file containing serial, cpuid and sbk is not found
    - improved the code to disable the "install-recovery.sh" script

v1.01
    28/05/2012
    - made some changes to the way the program acts in different situations
    - when hc rom is detected all ics bootloader & kernel flashing is disabled
    - when ics rom is detected all hd bootloader flashing is disabled, except on the "back to stock" tab
    - several other changes to the interface as sugested by civato.

v1.00
    27/05/2012
    - initial release
    Updated to version 1.08

I've updated the OP with version 1.08 of the program, this version should resolve issues that some users experienced when they were running the HC bootloader in combination with a custom rom aka Flexreaper, etc.

Always check out the lite version first to see if it give you the normal values.
    An SBK number should never look like this : 0x00000000 0x00000000 .....

Hope this update helps some of you guys !

afterota108.jpg
    So, for using this tool, I just need to browse for the custom bootloader i.e. v6 package then browse for the recovery, Thor 1.7.3 then click install a500, that's it?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

i am currently updating the op with version 1.01, this version detects wether you are on honeycomb or on ics, and correspondingly disables the dangerous tabs or buttons for your current situation.

I suggest you wait and download the new version, because the old version could cause strange situations if you are not fully aware of what you are doing.
    For the people that want the latest V7 unlocked bootloader and CWM 1.7.3 , use the browse function of the app. And let the app to his thing.

see attachements

Some side info , you don't need to use nvflash once you got V4 and up , you just go here and download the cwm version of the bootloader and install it simple with cwm. (not possible with bootloader V1 , V2 , V3)
    I understand this correctly? (My English is very bad :))
    This program saves me installing the bootloader v3 v4 v6 etc? is that correct?

regards

short answer : yes