[UPDATED 5/22][AT&T DATA FIX] AT&T's HSPA+ APN's

Search This thread

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
:DMy First Guide!:D
Flashable Zips at the bottom!
Okay, so i have seen a post claiming to fix the APN settings, however this is the only true one i have found (credits to shoman for these, i picked them out of his rom!).
it is pretty self explanatory, any field that requires you to put something in it has something in it, otherwise it has a -. underlined means that it is a new apn (settings->more->mobile networks->access point names->"menu" button->new apn)
MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM!!
Code:
Name: [U]ATT MMS[/U]
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username: -
Password: -
Server: -
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com/
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: -
APN Type: mms,supl
APN Protocol: ipv4

Name: [U]ATT PHONE[/U]
APN: phone
Proxy: -
Port: -
MMSC: -
MMS Proxy: -
MMS Port: -
APN Type: default,internet
then, once all of these have been entered, make sure that the one labeled "ATT PHONE" has the tick to the right of the name filled in (this is your default!) reply with any questions and i will try my best to help!
MIUI currently will not send MMS with these settings. Looking for a solution!
EDIT: Some ROMs require you to flash your modem manually!
-->click here for modem links<--

Last edited:

sykoj82

Jan 1, 2012
Manchester, NH
Yeah these settings really do work, I was averaging 3-4 mbps download before with the old settings and now its a constant 5-7 mbps in Merrimack NH

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
I'm assuming this is for ICS? I'm on a stock rom and don't have the option to add anything under APN. ):

MattMJB0188

Apr 30, 2011
yes it is, and are you sure? go under your settings to more (should be under data usage) -> mobile networks -> access point names.

Yea, Gingerbread must be different. That's ok because what ever APN settings Ryude is using in UnOriginal works just fine. Though coming from an iPhone 4s, data speeds on the GSII are faster when your closer to the tower. I was able to get faster speeds with 2-3 bars on the 4s. Oh well. Uploads speeds don't seem as great on the GSII. With the 4s I could get 7 down and 4 up. See my attachment for GSII results.

2dhd9br.png

Reactions: Nizda1

Galaxy_Cat

Mar 13, 2012
Oakland
Download Tweakker, run, enjoy. For CM7 folks, this fixes the default APN setting.

CM7.2
UCKJ4
SIYAH 2.6.14
ExTweaks, Tweakker

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

alacrify

Jan 12, 2009
Seems to be working for me in Wisconsin - tomorrow at work will be the real test.

dschreiber69

May 23, 2011
Harbor Springs
It looks like you have spaces inserted between the APN types after the commas??? Is that correct? All other APN setups that I have seen say "Don't Use Spaces"

Just want to verify before I try it.

Thanks

dgold21

Oct 5, 2007
California
"default, supl, agps, fota, dun, hipri, internet"? I can only choose one at a time in my APN Type settings (radio button selection), and not all of these are even choices...what am I missing?

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
i do not know what your problem is in the rom, if nothing else make just use all taht are available :D

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
It looks like you have spaces inserted between the APN types after the commas??? Is that correct? All other APN setups that I have seen say "Don't Use Spaces"

Just want to verify before I try it.

Thanks

some people say dont, but i do just for the sake of management and haven't noticed any change yet

yoyochuckd

Sep 17, 2011
where's the date on these posts. please tell me this isn't news to anyone.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

Ghstudent

Mar 31, 2012
Yea, Gingerbread must be different. That's ok because what ever APN settings Ryude is using in UnOriginal works just fine. /QUOTE]

Im on stock gb. You can create a new apn. Press the menu button when your in the access point name menu

I aimed this guide at those who were unable to break a 1mb/s barrier on a custom rom. You are more than welcome to use this guide but I do not know how much your speed will differ from this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :DMy First Guide!:D
    Flashable Zips at the bottom!
    Okay, so i have seen a post claiming to fix the APN settings, however this is the only true one i have found (credits to shoman for these, i picked them out of his rom!).
    it is pretty self explanatory, any field that requires you to put something in it has something in it, otherwise it has a -. underlined means that it is a new apn (settings->more->mobile networks->access point names->"menu" button->new apn)
    MAKE SURE YOU SAVE THEM!!
    Code:
    Name: [U]ATT MMS[/U]
    Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com/
    APN Type: mms,supl

Name: [U]ATT PHONE[/U]
    APN: phone
    Proxy: -
    Port: -
    MMSC: -
    MMS Proxy: -
    MMS Port: -
    APN Type: default,internet
    then, once all of these have been entered, make sure that the one labeled "ATT PHONE" has the tick to the right of the name filled in (this is your default!) reply with any questions and i will try my best to help!
    MIUI currently will not send MMS with these settings. Looking for a solution!
    EDIT: Some ROMs require you to flash your modem manually!
    -->click here for modem links<--
    I was also having issues sending and rec'g MMS, but these APN settings fixed the problem for me. Try them if you're having the same problem and hit the thanks button so I know that I've helped others with the same problem.

AT&T
    Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1 (must be in CAPS)

Expanded Version:
    Name: AT&T
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1 (yes this is in CAPS)
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank

http://nerdynerdnerdz.com/blog/2011/07/23/att-apn-mms-settings-android/
    where's the date on these posts. please tell me this isn't news to anyone.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

It's right next to your username. And while it may not be "news", it was new to me in this (i777) forum. And I found it helpful.
    If only this was cwm flashable lol

wish granted man! check the OP! :D
    Changed quite a bit, actually. The settings in the OP were very different from the defaults I had after flashing your ROM.

Edit: Ok, I just did a full wipe and reinstalled SS2 1.1 to be sure I hadn't changed something before today and forgotten about it. The default settings on your ROM and the settings in the OP are definitely different. At least on my phone...

version 1.1 has 4apn's in it. The phone and mms ones get used the most. If you have a 4g (non lte) data plan then that is what gets used. In that aspect the 3g Sim one is not needed nor used. That one is used for customers using old data plans like media Max which is what I'm using....so in my case the phone and mms apns are useless because even if I select then they don't work.... No data.

so if you aren't seeing 4 apns then press menu and select to restore default apns.

The apn type differences doesn't mean anything.... That wasn't from me.

Edit: The speed test app is useless. Direct your browser to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
    Very accurate and consistent.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5