[FIRMWARE] <I535VRUCML1> (MODEM/RPM/TZ/SBL) Verizon SGS3 (SCH-I535)

Search This thread

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
No, I do not have a full I535VRUCML1 firmware package for you.
Yes, I somewhat lied in the title of this thread. But I did it for a good reason: to get your attention.
Mods - I'm sure you'll understand.

You should NOT flash the I535VRUCML1 firmware (or any subsequent releases for that matter). You will brick. This is what vzw/samsung did on the first OTA for the Galaxy S4. They changed the keys they sign the firmware with. This prevents us from 'mis-matching' our firmware like we've been doing all along. We've been leaving aboot (VRUAME6, the african-canadian sock-monkey leaked bootloader) alone and updating everything else. Since they're signing with different keys now, doing this will brick your device. If you update the ENTIRE bootchain (including aboot) you shouldn't brick, but will be stuck with a locked bootloader and any attempt to downgrade (via dd, etc) will brick you as well. Even if you manage to flash an ENTIRE old bootchain over VRUCML1, you'll brick because they trip a qfuse that prevents it from working. More info about qfuse by djrbliss here: http://t.co/myb0LIrN6e

Just stick with VRUBMF1, trust me.

These firmware updates have, up until now, consisted of several partitions that we update:
- tz (trustzone)
- rpm (resource/power management)
- sbl[1,2,3] (secure bootloaders)
- NON-HLOS (modem/baseband)

Due to the way Samsung and Verizon have chosen to proceed with future updates (following what they do for the Galaxy S4) we cannot flash all these partitions anymore (see above) and retain our unlocked bootloader. We CAN, however, update the baseband as it's not signed.

Latest firmware: NE1 modem with MF1 firmware: http://www.invisiblek.org/firmware/d2/d2vzw_MF1_firmware_NE1_modem.zip (md5sum: 7a49bb13c1160f4d4a89488127684b5b)
This will be the final zip I make. MF1 was the last firmware that allowed us to use the old bootloader, and NE1 is likely to be the last modem we'll ever receive.

Last edited:

preusstang

Jan 13, 2011
Sweet. Maybe I'll get better signal. My voice/1x reception has been worse than my old dx. I'm dropping calls left and right. I also live in the middle of BFE.

how is baseband/radio affected when we flash something else with cwm or with Odin? I mean, I have stock rooted w. b00stedv.002, but if I flash aokp or cm, will it replace this new radio with whatever one is included with them?

Slightly OT, I remember on the dx, if you wanted to sbf without the radio you did it with Linux, otherwise with moto's rsdlite.

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
I've always liked having a thread dedicated to keeping links for the most updated modems for a device. Just easier to find that way.

These are packaged for flashing with Odin. Flash in the PDA section.

I will not promise anything as far as faster speeds or better coverage.

IMPORTANT:
Do not unplug while this is happening, unless you are in dire need of a paperweight.
Odin tends to seem like it hangs for a short bit toward the end of the flash. Be patient, it will finish and automatically reboot.

Latest one on top.

VRLG1 - http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/VRLG1.modem.tar.md5
This is the first OTA

VRLF2 - http://goo.im/devs/invisiblek/i535/VRLF2.modem.tar.md5
This is the original shipped modem
very good idea these are amaazing.. any idea if the new radio plays nicer with installs etc.. as the old one has more or less everyone with no service here and there.. or globally roaming :/

invisiblek

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Minnesota
www.invisiblek.org
very good idea these are amaazing.. any idea if the new radio plays nicer with installs etc.. as the old one has more or less everyone with no service here and there.. or globally roaming :/

no idea, i'm still rocking a stock rom
would be nice though if this fixed some of the aosp problems

MOD: please sticky this thread

Reactions: badseed767

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
So...This is just the new baseband right?

So should be able to flash with custom recovery/rom etc?

this is my first samsung device so not looking for a brick.

burkett375

Feb 8, 2010
Cuse
OGdod.png

I'm stuck at this screen, its been doing it for about 10 min. is it ok to unplug and start over?

Reactions: J5684

burkett375

Feb 8, 2010
Cuse

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
I don't have any idea. I have always had HTC phones which are very different.

I have built the habit to check MD5 always, regardless of what it is, just so as to not have something happen where I can't say I did everything I could to prevent it.

tar.md5 files have the md5 appended to the end, and I think Odin checks before flashing. Not 100% sure on that though. Checking it yourself is never a bad idea of course.

walcs

Sep 4, 2010
This newer modem might of improved data throughput. Not entirely sure though, seems like I'm getting faster speed on Speedtest.net but that could be entirely subjective. Thank you invisiblek as always, for your awesome work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, I do not have a full I535VRUCML1 firmware package for you.
    Yes, I somewhat lied in the title of this thread. But I did it for a good reason: to get your attention.
    Mods - I'm sure you'll understand.

You should NOT flash the I535VRUCML1 firmware (or any subsequent releases for that matter). You will brick. This is what vzw/samsung did on the first OTA for the Galaxy S4. They changed the keys they sign the firmware with. This prevents us from 'mis-matching' our firmware like we've been doing all along. We've been leaving aboot (VRUAME6, the african-canadian sock-monkey leaked bootloader) alone and updating everything else. Since they're signing with different keys now, doing this will brick your device. If you update the ENTIRE bootchain (including aboot) you shouldn't brick, but will be stuck with a locked bootloader and any attempt to downgrade (via dd, etc) will brick you as well. Even if you manage to flash an ENTIRE old bootchain over VRUCML1, you'll brick because they trip a qfuse that prevents it from working. More info about qfuse by djrbliss here: http://t.co/myb0LIrN6e

Just stick with VRUBMF1, trust me.

These firmware updates have, up until now, consisted of several partitions that we update:
    - tz (trustzone)
    - rpm (resource/power management)
    - sbl[1,2,3] (secure bootloaders)
    - NON-HLOS (modem/baseband)

Due to the way Samsung and Verizon have chosen to proceed with future updates (following what they do for the Galaxy S4) we cannot flash all these partitions anymore (see above) and retain our unlocked bootloader. We CAN, however, update the baseband as it's not signed.

Latest firmware: NE1 modem with MF1 firmware: http://www.invisiblek.org/firmware/d2/d2vzw_MF1_firmware_NE1_modem.zip (md5sum: 7a49bb13c1160f4d4a89488127684b5b)
    This will be the final zip I make. MF1 was the last firmware that allowed us to use the old bootloader, and NE1 is likely to be the last modem we'll ever receive.
    @donnyp1 the new firmware hasn't been released by invisiblek for us to flash yet. So no. Just keep an eye on this thread. He'll have it up for us when he can.

Do not go near the I535VRUCML1 firmware!
    You have been warned!
    (see OP for details)
    How about a bump for VRBMA2?
    Enjoy =)

Thanks to open1your1eyes0 for his leak