[Q] Lag in menu inside App Drawer

Search This thread

soal001

Feb 25, 2013
I noticed that when I am inside the app drawer, when I press the menu button, a two second delay is there before the actual menu come out. I compared this to my S3 as well as to my Note 8 and this delay does not exist.

The menu button outside the app drawer, i.e. the home screen or other quick launch pages is very quick (no delay between pressing the menu button and the actual menu coming out).

I am rooted, JB 4.3, running Stock ROM Rogers MJ4, SM-N900W8 with TouchWiz launcher.

Any idea if this is a settings thing?

I was manually debloating after root and I am concerned that I might have disabled something that would reflect the delay in pulling out the menu inside the app drawer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

rusty-ragster

Oct 28, 2012
peshawar
I noticed that when I am inside the app drawer, when I press the menu button, a two second delay is there before the actual menu come out. I compared this to my S3 as well as to my Note 8 and this delay does not exist.

The menu button outside the app drawer, i.e. the home screen or other quick launch pages is very quick (about .5 second delay between pressing and the actual menu coming out).

I am rooted, JB 4.3, running Stock ROM Rogers MJ4, SM-N900W8 with TouchWiz launcher.

Any idea if this is a settings thing?

I was manually debloating after root and I am concerned that I might have disabled something tat would reflect the delay in pulling out the menu inside the app drawer.

Any help would be appreciated.

go into svoice settings and disable open with menu button...see if that helps

soal001

Feb 25, 2013
I have done that already before my post. It did not affect the problem.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda premium