[Q] T-Mobile HTC Amaze 4G - Soft Bricked?

Search This thread

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
Hey guys, I recently attempted to root my old phone using the Amaze All in One Kit v5.2. Well, I was able to get the bootloader unlocked and installed TWRP recovery, but was unable to get any roms to load. I was advised I should relock the bootloader and attempt to do a RUU flash since my phone will no longer boot past the HTC screen. Since I relocked the bootloader, I have lost access to TWRP recovery entirely. I also tried the PH85IMG file on my SD card, but it doesn't seem to do anything different after installing and verifying.

My current bootloader screen displays the following:
***RELOCKED***
***Security Warning***
RUBY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.93.0003
eMMC-boot
Aug 14 2012, 17:22:50

Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
Flash 4ext recovery and enable smart flash from settings and then flash any ics rom... (4ext has this smart flash feature so even tho you're S-ON you can still flash a rom and the kernel together in twrp recovery only the rom get Flash not the kernel) reason it didn't work for you in the first place..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox16mtk02zoi3qf/PH85IMG.zip

If you have a hard time flashing 4ext recovery from all in one kit use it.. (REMOVE EVERY FILE INSIDE IT EXCEPT FOR THE ONE CALLED "recovery.img" and place it in your ext_sd card and go to bootloader and follow instructions) unlock the bootloader 1st if it's locked ...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: jdmroach

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
Gotcha. Well, I just got the bootloader unlocked again, but I am unable to flash 4EXT recovery through the all in one software. The only other option I saw involved installing from the phone, but since I can only get to the bootloader and TWRP recovery screen, I'm unsure of how exactly to install it. You will have to excuse my ignorance on this stuff. I'm pretty computer literate, but this rooting stuff has gotten the best of me thus far...

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
Gotcha. Well, I just got the bootloader unlocked again, but I am unable to flash 4EXT recovery through the all in one software. The only other option I saw involved installing from the phone, but since I can only get to the bootloader and TWRP recovery screen, I'm unsure of how exactly to install it. You will have to excuse my ignorance on this stuff. I'm pretty computer literate, but this rooting stuff has gotten the best of me thus far...

Just follow the things I told in the 2nd para.. Use that zip and flash it from bootloader.. It'll overwrite and flash 4ext recovery

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
Just follow the things I told in the 2nd para.. Use that zip and flash it from bootloader.. It'll overwrite and flash 4ext recovery

Well, after installing just that file on my SD card and restarting the phone, it went through a file check and parsing phase then when I clicked on recovery it brought back up TWRP. Obviously I'm misunderstanding something.

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
It does not appear so. TWRP opened up once again when I clicked on recovery from within the bootloader.

I'm also getting this error "Unable to mount eMMC" as well.

i use the same zip when something goes wrong..it works fine for me..no idea why its not flashing.you unlocked the bootloader? deleted other unnecessary files in that zip?

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
i use the same zip when something goes wrong..it works fine for me..no idea why its not flashing.you unlocked the bootloader? deleted other unnecessary files in that zip?

I think I was doing something incorrectly. Anyways, I just enabled Smart Flash and went to "install from sdcard". When I select "choose zip from sdcard", I get the error "Can't mount /internal sdcard".

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
I think I was doing something incorrectly. Anyways, I just enabled Smart Flash and went to "install from sdcard". When I select "choose zip from sdcard", I get the error "Can't mount /internal sdcard".

looks like you're partitions are corrupted :/ ..go to wipe category and do a full wipe except SD cards and see if it works...

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
looks like you're partitions are corrupted :/ ..go to wipe category and do a full wipe except SD cards and see if it works...

In the wipe category, my options are as follows:

wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache
wipe cache + dalvik
wipe dalvik cache
wipe battery stats
format system
format data
format boot
format all partitions (except sd card)
format sdcard

Did you mean do a format all except sdcard?

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
Last edited:

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
I ended up just flashing the Cyanogenmod rom for now. Everything seemed to go fine with the install. I rebooted and it sat at the Cyanogenmod splash screen for almost a hour without proceeding. Any clue?

Did you do a full wipe before flashing the rom? If there are data of your previous rom in your system partition all the data get overwrite and crashes ... Full wipe = format all (except sd card)

(the one in wipe/format category..)

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
Did you do a full wipe before flashing the rom? If there are data of your previous rom in your system partition all the data get overwrite and crashes ... Full wipe = format all (except sd card)

(the one in wipe/format category..)

Ahh okay. I believe I just did the wipe function and not a full format. I will try that and let you know.

ravike14

Feb 9, 2013
Colombo
It has been at the Cyanogenmod screen for about 20 mins now. Does it normally take this long?

I just read carefully your 1st post now.. You're hboot is 1.93.003 it's normally 1.93.002.. It's a nasty issue.. Try to flash a stock htc ics rom (arhd 5) and do the s-off.. It's the only way to recover from that issue as far as I know..

jdmroach

Apr 25, 2014
I just read carefully your 1st post now.. You're hboot is 1.93.003 it's normally 1.93.002.. It's a nasty issue.. Try to flash a stock htc ics rom (arhd 5) and do the s-off.. It's the only way to recover from that issue as far as I know..

SUCCESS!!! I was able to flash another rom (T-mobile Stock ICS Debloated) and it booted back up like it should. Seriously, thanks again for all of your help buddy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash 4ext recovery and enable smart flash from settings and then flash any ics rom... (4ext has this smart flash feature so even tho you're S-ON you can still flash a rom and the kernel together in twrp recovery only the rom get Flash not the kernel) reason it didn't work for you in the first place..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox16mtk02zoi3qf/PH85IMG.zip

If you have a hard time flashing 4ext recovery from all in one kit use it.. (REMOVE EVERY FILE INSIDE IT EXCEPT FOR THE ONE CALLED "recovery.img" and place it in your ext_sd card and go to bootloader and follow instructions) unlock the bootloader 1st if it's locked ...