[Tutorial] How to back up your ROM - A comprehensive guide.

Search This thread

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
thank You very much for the reply! and making my wonders clear :) actually I did read the first post couple of times, and even after your reply and reading it again I can not get the answer from it.. :(
maybe it is too soon to go for ROM experiments for me... ? probably yes. so till now I will just stick to update the ROM - when I will learn more about kitchen and other stuff then will return to experiments :)

thank You again for making those wonders clear!! i can now update without any doubts of loosing my ROM! :) thanks again!

and really BIG, BIG appreciate for that thread! U are great! perfect work!

Thanks for the kind words. You're welcome. :)

l337h1um

Nov 8, 2008
www.tehdave.net
A file in the kitchen zip called "PKGTool.exe" is flagged by Sophos AntiVirus as being infected with Mal/Generic-A. I assume this is a generic behaviour-based detection... What exactly does the file do? Does anyone know where it comes from?

Last edited:

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
A file in the kitchen zip called "PKGTool.exe" is flagged by Sophos AntiVirus as being infected with Mal/Generic-A. I assume this is a generic behaviour-based detection... What exactly does the file do? Does anyone know where it comes from?

Virusscanners occasionally flag developer files as being "infected". The reason for this is simple. The code was written by third party programmers and in some ways resemble things that viruses do. Virusscanners search for specific patterns in files.

I can assure you that all these tools are 100% safe - courtesy of XDA.

l337h1um

Nov 8, 2008
www.tehdave.net
Virusscanners occasionally flag developer files as being "infected". The reason for this is simple. The code was written by third party programmers and in some ways resemble things that viruses do. Virusscanners search for specific patterns in files.

I can assure you that all these tools are 100% safe - courtesy of XDA.
Well yes I know, but I was asking what the file does :) I was just being careful - hence why I'm a systems administrator. Doesn't matter though, they said it was a false positive and are releasing an update for it.

holdout

Nov 18, 2008
I have a few Partxx.raw files from a long time ago and I don't know which ROM it's a dump of. It was a custom ROM. I think one of itje's TouchX ROMs....

I tried rebuilding the raw files with an extracted stock .NBH but it won't flash. The SPL hangs on "Loading..." when trying the MicroSD method.

So how can I peer into the .raw files and browse around or somehow make it flash?

lu2_manche

Nov 4, 2008
CMIIW..

this is useful when u wanna change ur ccoked ROM on ur xperia to original ROM, for warranty purpose isn't it??

djcedric

Feb 23, 2008
geraardsbergen
is this method possible to work on HD with HD kitchen?
ive seen its possible to hold the installed programs but if i have do many changes in manila(with MaxTTM),can i hold this to?
first is this only for stock roms or can i remake my energyrom completly changed?

thanks.

satishkbg

Jun 22, 2009
Backup TD2 Stock ROM

Hi

I'm trying to back up my TOPAZ stock ROM 1.43.720.1 (51718) WWE using xdatools and KovskyKitchen. The KovskyKitchen requires a stock ROM's .nbh file to be in the Baserom folder. The one I could find here in xda forum for TOPAZ is older ver i.e. RUU_Topaz_HTC_WWE_1.39.405.2_Radio_Signed_Topaz_61 .20t.25.10_3.43.25.19_Ship.

My question is, suppose I use this in KovskyKitchen along with my stock ROM's *.raw files which was generated by xdatools, does it package with my stock rom or the older one? i.e. how to ensure it creates a nbh file with the latest ROM ver?

And by the way, why is it required to have a backed-up rom in the Baserom folder, while we're actually trying to create one ourselves, does KovskyKitchen use any of this contents while backing up our stock rom?

Regards
- SKBG

nojoedoe

Aug 16, 2009
Hey do any of you guys get buildos.exe in kovskykitchen.zip coming up as a virus ?
I am using Avast antivirus and it flagged it as a trojan before the download was even complete.

Is this a case of false positive?

Last edited:

smnrock

Aug 10, 2009
Is there any way i can take backup of my current ROM with applications installed(similar to taking image using norton ghost in PCs), so that i can restore easily without need to reinstall everything? Its very useful for me to go back to older ROM, if i find the current(cooked) ROM is not suitable.

Lokatho

Dec 7, 2008
Is there any way i can take backup of my current ROM with applications installed(similar to taking image using norton ghost in PCs), so that i can restore easily without need to reinstall everything? Its very useful for me to go back to older ROM, if i find the current(cooked) ROM is not suitable.

Try UC or Sashimi

smnrock

Aug 10, 2009
Thanks, but it looks like automatic batch script installer. I'm looking something similar to norton ghost or acronis true image, which will help us to take image of the current files,settings..everything into a single file. And later point of time we can restore complete OS,Applications and settings from this with few clicks. :)

Edit: SPB backup or similar tools will take entire image or only applications/settings?

Last edited:

gsingh7

Jul 24, 2009
Sydney
sorry for my stupid question but can i use these tools to backup touch pro2.:eek:
this guide is so easy there is no guide in tp2 section

cc0000

Sep 2, 2009
Uhm yeah, could someone upload that UK stock rom it would be quite appreciated. :) Or can anyone suggest any other guides or applications?
Since without it im kinda stuck..

xuliano

Jul 1, 2009
Thanks, but it looks like automatic batch script installer. I'm looking something similar to norton ghost or acronis true image, which will help us to take image of the current files,settings..everything into a single file. And later point of time we can restore complete OS,Applications and settings from this with few clicks. :)

Edit: SPB backup or similar tools will take entire image or only applications/settings?

Sprite Backup will do it...

wooki_

Sep 12, 2009
Hi might it be that my anti-virus software goes crazy while downloading X1 (Kovsky) Kitchen, i mean i get all these alerts about trojan in the file, did anybody have simillar problem?

Could someone possibly re-upload the "Stock UK ROM" file 'cause it's broken right now.

Cheers!

Last edited:

kinzbleach

Jun 21, 2009
RUU_signed...Rapid share link is dead..

can some one.. please upload it on megaupload.. or any other file hosting website.. the link given in the post is not wrking any more..:confused:

and i want to back up my rom before... doing HARD spl nd otehr.. things..

l337h1um

Nov 8, 2008
www.tehdave.net
Hi might it be that my anti-virus software goes crazy while downloading X1 (Kovsky) Kitchen, i mean i get all these alerts about trojan in the file, did anybody have simillar problem?
Sophos Anti-Virus' generic detection flagged "PKGTool.exe" on my system. I sent it to them and they said it's a false positive.

I think the package (ie. the kitchen) is fine.

Reactions: ultma75

szapril

Oct 4, 2009
I can't download STOCK UK ROM

Hi guys! I have done everything except download stock uk rom, because rapidshare said this file is no longer to download. what can I do? thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sophos Anti-Virus' generic detection flagged "PKGTool.exe" on my system. I sent it to them and they said it's a false positive.

I think the package (ie. the kitchen) is fine.