Should I dump my S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+?

Search This thread

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Still can't decide if I want to get rid of my S10+ 1TB for the Note 10+ 512GB.

Why there is no 1TB Note 10+ is beyond me.

What you think, dump the S10 for the Note or not? :confused:

Charkatak

Aug 11, 2012
WA

I don't have S10+, but I do have S10e. The only reason I pre-ordered Note 10 is for the S Pen. So if the pen is important, then Note 10 is the answer otherwise it would be waste of money

Reactions: felloffthetruck

DKI

Jul 7, 2009

If storage speed is something you would prefer over storage capacity then wait and see the benchmark results for the Note 10 before you decide I would say.

The S10+ uses UFS2.1 VS UFS3 for the Note 10+. I don't know if Samsung has gotten round to a 1Tb UFS3 storage unit yet hence no offering of a 1Tb unit.

Take a full look at each when it's out and reviews and benchmarks and then I say you can decide.

Personally I am reaching a point where I wish I went with the S range due to all the dam pre order gifts you get that the note range seems to be lacking lately.

The Pen is nice and on occasions I do use it but would I miss it I am not sure if I would. The S range might possibly get UFS3 next year.

AarSyl

I'm guessing that the 1TB S10+ didn't sell as well as Samsung had hoped, and not worth the expense to make it for the Note 10+. That being said, with the new media editing options on the Note 10/+, it does not make sense that they wouldn't want to include a 1Tb variant. (Maybe they will release it later, even in an exclusive color, and piss off all of the 512GB buyers, and even cause some to spend MORE money while still trading in their current Note 10+. and Samsung gets to resell those trade-ins for even more profit.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I'm guessing that the 1TB S10+ didn't sell as well as Samsung had hoped, and not worth the expense to make it for the Note 10+. That being said, with the new media editing options on the Note 10/+, it does not make sense that they wouldn't want to include a 1Tb variant. (Maybe they will release it later, even in an exclusive color, and piss off all of the 512GB buyers, and even cause some to spend MORE money while still trading in their current Note 10+. and Samsung gets to resell those trade-ins for even more profit.)

Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I'm thinking the same thing. 3 months from now Samsung will release a 1TB model and I would be stuck with the 512GB. This is what they did with the Note 9 colors. Blue & Purple were only available at launch, 3 months later the black finally came out.

Samzebian

May 22, 2010
Westfield
Easy choice.

Bigger screen
Bigger battery
Spen
Faster internal storage
Tiny single punchole
Much faster charging
Tiny bezels

If you need additional storage just get an sd card

This is all true. I pre-ordered and plan to sell or trade my Ceramic Black 1TB S10+.

However, do note you are losing these:

-No Ceramic Back, only standard glass
-No Headphone Jack (sucks if you have high end buds/headphones, going to have to buy MMCX to USB-C to alleviate)
-No Heart Rate/Stress?Blood Pressure sensor (I am actually upset use this a lot!)
-No Bixby button (HA! That was a joke!)
-Top speaker is not forward facing anymore, it is top-mounted
-No 2nd selfie-cam (I don't think anyone cares about this much)
-No 1TB option, 512GB has only one color choice
-Heavier, slightly thicker

In the end I pre-ordered a white 256 and black 512. I need to see if I can fit everything on a 256 and like the white, sick of always getting a black phone, unless it was ceramic..

force70

This is all true. I pre-ordered and plan to sell or trade my Ceramic Black 1TB S10+.

However, do note you are losing these:

-No Ceramic Back, only standard glass
-No Headphone Jack (sucks if you have high end buds/headphones, going to have to buy MMCX to USB-C to alleviate)
-No Heart Rate/Stress?Blood Pressure sensor (I am actually upset use this a lot!)
-No Bixby button (HA! That was a joke!)
-Top speaker is not forward facing anymore, it is top-mounted
-No 2nd selfie-cam (I don't think anyone cares about this much)
-No 1TB option, 512GB has only one color choice
-Heavier, slightly thicker

In the end I pre-ordered a white 256 and black 512. I need to see if I can fit everything on a 256 and like the white, sick of always getting a black phone, unless it was ceramic..

The top mounted speaker does face foward actually same as on the s10 plus.

I am pissed about the 512gb version only being offered in black but i will likely switch to an exynos version anyway since i want the newer chipset and it comes in aura glow and 512gb.

Ive never used the headphone jack on any device so for me doesnt matter but i find it ironic that they made fun of apple for ditching it and now they follow suit. Makes them look foolish.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
The top mounted speaker does face foward actually same as on the s10 plus.

I am pissed about the 512gb version only being offered in black but i will likely switch to an exynos version anyway since i want the newer chipset and it comes in aura glow and 512gb.

Ive never used the headphone jack on any device so for me doesnt matter but i find it ironic that they made fun of apple for ditching it and now they follow suit. Makes them look foolish.

I must be the only person excited for a black phone lol. I have had the blue Note9 for a year and can't wait to get back to black. I think the aura glow is obnoxious. :laugh:

Reactions: Idkwtf

pbp123454321

Nov 19, 2012
As long as you don't have to spend an extra dime sure. But if u do, then u shouldn't since u already have 90% of the same phone.

Uk has it in 512...clove actually plus i can get it local here in Canada at a great store i use for all my exynos needs lol.

Yeah, I know it does exist.

I don't know what statistical analyses Samsung run to come to the conclusion that some Dutch consumers who want 512 Gb of storage won't also want the Aura Glow finish, but one has to assume that these seemingly strange decisions are, in fact, driven by real data, not whim.

The colour of the device is a cosmetic issue, so it isn't a deal-breaker. The situation would be much worse if, for example, the 512 Gb model were not available to buy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Easy choice.

Bigger screen
    Bigger battery
    Spen
    Faster internal storage
    Tiny single punchole
    Much faster charging
    Tiny bezels

I have 128gb gs10+ with enough empty space. Wt people do with 1tb:rolleyes:
    Easy choice.

Bigger screen
    Bigger battery
    Spen
    Faster internal storage
    Tiny single punchole
    Much faster charging
    Tiny bezels

Exactly, it's down to this. If you're one of those who like the latest tech and can afford it why not? The 6.8 inch screen will be gorgeous.
    It's a tuff decision, I'm in the same boat.

I don't have S10+, but I do have S10e. The only reason I pre-ordered Note 10 is for the S Pen. So if the pen is important, then Note 10 is the answer otherwise it would be waste of money