[ROM][5.1.1] CM12.1 Official Nightlies for Find 7A/S

Search This thread
Hello all
Official CM 12.1 nightlies based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 for Find 7A/S have been officially released effective 22nd April 2015. Its time to thank the entire CyanogenMod Team and @[U]jajb[/U] for their efforts in the development and encourage them to keep supporting us the same way in the future.

Let the flashing go on!!!!:highfive:

Nightly Downloads
CM12.1 Find 7A
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=find7

CM12.1 Find 7S (QHD)
http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=find7s

5.1 Minimal Gapps (for a light and blazzing fast experience):highfive:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934550851

Installation Instructions

Coming from 5.0 or less ROMS
Download cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY-find7x.zip to your sdcard
Boot into Recovery
Wipe data, cache & dalvik cache
Flash cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY-find7x.zip from sdcard
Flash 5.1 Minimal GApps.zip from sdcard
Reboot
:highfive:

Coming from previous CM 12.1 build
Wipe cache & dalvik cache
Reboot

Last edited:

raber111

Aug 25, 2013
I successfully flashed cm 12 1901 build . WiFi works normally. Fonts and icons too small

sheraz1015

Jun 3, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23
It's going to be announced soon in CM's blog, but find7a and find7s are split now and get separate builds. You need to flash "find7" on find7a devices and "find7s" on find7s qhd devices. You should update the recovery too, but I think there are no recovery images available yet. I might provide some if nobody else does it.

Thank for your
help and shall flash it.
Its there any way to backup imei of oppo find 7

You will have to flash it over 1.2.x Color OS. I flashed 19 build over 1.2.7.
Installed without an issue.
For QHD use Find 7s version.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

darthbadar

Feb 24, 2011
Jakarta
Anyone having problems when using unified partition layout? After I flashed the ROM the phone just tells me that there's an encryption error and I have to wipe data. I wiped data and still the same error. When I went back to previous ROM I'm using everything else is fine, except with the proximity sensor bug. Cheers

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Anyone having problems when using unified partition layout? After I flashed the ROM the phone just tells me that there's an encryption error and I have to wipe data. I wiped data and still the same error. When I went back to previous ROM I'm using everything else is fine, except with the proximity sensor bug. Cheers

De-unify first, then flash. You need to have to revert back to 1.2.x.
Flash Open TWRP and then flash CM12 Nightlies. COs 1.2.x and CM12 do not support Unification.

Reactions: darthbadar

alex1.salge

Aug 30, 2014
Chrome

Is the only way to switch between tabs the recent apps thingy? I mean I don't habe a problem but still kinda awkward not knowing where the tab went. BTW I got twrp 2.8.4 and there's always this horizontal line where the display shifts. It's like these lines on old videos that walk through the picture. Trying my best on English (I'm German :))

ganeshbiyer

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
Is the only way to switch between tabs the recent apps thingy? I mean I don't habe a problem but still kinda awkward not knowing where the tab went. BTW I got twrp 2.8.4 and there's always this horizontal line where the display shifts. It's like these lines on old videos that walk through the picture. Trying my best on English (I'm German :))

Regarding the line in recovery, use Nameless TWRP recovery from HERE.
I have not tried the latest TWRP Open Recovery 2.8.4 for Find7, but with Nameless TWRP Recovery, I am able to use OTG in recovery. This allows me to take backups into 32gb usb drive and restore from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex1.salge

Enyioha

Apr 3, 2014
Custom Ringtones

Hello Just flashed to build 2015/01/21 and I noticed that I was unable to change my ringtone. This may seem like a trivial thing but I would just like to know if it's my device specific. Find 7a running CM12 stock kernels and all.

Edit: Turned off NuPlayer in developers options and set SELinux Kernel to Permissive.

Last edited:

tobias14

Feb 15, 2009
Koper
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hello Just flashed to build 2015/01/21 and I noticed that I was unable to change my ringtone. This may seem like a trivial thing but I would just like to know if it's my device specific. Find 7a running CM12 stock kernels and all.

Edit: Turned off NuPlayer in developers options and set SELinux Kernel to Permissive.

sorry for noob question
how can I change SELinux Kernel to Permissive ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all
    Official CM 12.1 nightlies based on Android Lollipop 5.1.1 for Find 7A/S have been officially released effective 22nd April 2015. Its time to thank the entire CyanogenMod Team and @[U]jajb[/U] for their efforts in the development and encourage them to keep supporting us the same way in the future.

Let the flashing go on!!!!:highfive:

Nightly Downloads
    CM12.1 Find 7A
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=find7

CM12.1 Find 7S (QHD)
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=find7s

5.1 Minimal Gapps (for a light and blazzing fast experience):highfive:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934550851

Installation Instructions

Coming from 5.0 or less ROMS
    Download cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-NIGHTLY-find7x.zip to your sdcard
    Boot into Recovery
    Wipe data, cache & dalvik cache
    Flash 5.1 Minimal GApps.zip from sdcard
    Reboot

Coming from previous CM 12.1 build
    Wipe cache & dalvik cache
    Reboot
    It's going to be announced soon in CM's blog, but find7a and find7s are split now and get separate builds. You need to flash "find7" on find7a devices and "find7s" on find7s qhd devices. You should update the recovery too, but I think there are no recovery images available yet. I might provide some if nobody else does it.
    I had the same issue from the latest CM nightlies on a 7a.

Used the 7a Unbrick tool after sorting the drivers (use the drivers provided - normal fastboot etc won't cut it).
    After that it was somewhat back, however I couldn't boot to recovery and fastboot wasn't replacing it. I replaced the oppo recovery in the unbrick tool with a stand alone one I'm unable to link to.
    I had a working coloros install. If that's all you want then stop there.
    Flashing TWRP via fastboot doesn't work. It flashes successfully, but won't boot. Latest CM12 recovery does boot at least.
    Using CM12 recovery to flash latest CM12 ROM resulted in the same fastboot loop, the same CM12 recovery refused to flash Nameless ROM. Flashed cm-12.1-20150907-NIGHTLY-find7.zip without a problem and then used fastboot to flash TWRP.
    I had to wipe the phone a few times along the way. So now to download GApps and everything else since I got lazy with backups.

Hope this is of some help to someone.