[Q][Help] No service after rooting my Galaxy S3?

Search This thread

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
I`m having same problem on a i9305

Did you attempt my method?
I cant see how you can update prl/profile without a signal. couldve told u that wouldnt work.
Try what ive posted above if you didnt already

If that dont work you need to reflash the stock rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099) and do the ##72786# trick

Man, I tried the ##72786# and I get the following message:
Connection Problem or invalid MMI code

I'm loosing signal, when I try to call it doesn't complete the call and even with my S3 showing signal when I call to it's on the mail box...

any clue?

I lost signal after flash a custom rom. I tried to get back to the original twice, full wipe and stuff but nothing... signal keeps dropping...

Thanks

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
I have a Custom Rom with a modem.bin inside it...

try reflashing the modem only!

Well... I don't know exactly how to flash only the modem but I have another doubt... If I change the modem.bin inside a custom rom (those .zip that we should flash using CWM) for a newer modem.bin that I've extracted from the last OEM samsung rom, and then flash this new .zip rom with the newer modem, it will work?? :)

Thanks man for the help

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
Try this. It s a dialer reset code

https://twitter.com/pof/status/250540790491787264
Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Didn't work also... same error... wrong mmi or something... but guys I found something interesting, if I choose to search for GSM only it works fine, if I change to LTE/WCDMA/GSM then I got the problem.... and in this mode I am unable to choose the carrier, when i hit to choose it keeps searching and searching and nothing.... if I switch to GSM only then the search works out. ..
Strange... any clue? ??

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

vavasound

Jul 17, 2009
São Paulo
Didn't work also... same error... wrong mmi or something... but guys I found something interesting, if I choose to search for GSM only it works fine, if I change to LTE/WCDMA/GSM then I got the problem.... and in this mode I am unable to choose the carrier, when i hit to choose it keeps searching and searching and nothing.... if I switch to GSM only then the search works out. ..
Strange... any clue? ??

Guys, thanks for the help... I'm in doubt what about really happened... but I've found a solution ( or I really think that my carrier had a problem that makes me guilty my amazing S3)

I set up to GSM only, searched for carriers and then choose Auto Search
Then I set it as WCDMA/GSM and searched and set it to auto choose
And then I choose LTE/WCDMA/GSM and then searched again and it worked...
It was like I pushed it to work... like a car out of battery...
Very strange but i solved like this

robertqadkins

Jan 31, 2013
Guys, thanks for the help... I'm in doubt what about really happened... but I've found a solution ( or I really think that my carrier had a problem that makes me guilty my amazing S3)

I set up to GSM only, searched for carriers and then choose Auto Search
Then I set it as WCDMA/GSM and searched and set it to auto choose
And then I choose LTE/WCDMA/GSM and then searched again and it worked...
It was like I pushed it to work... like a car out of battery...
Very strange but i solved like this

How do i do this. I am having the same problem. I can't choose gsm. I only have cdma and cdma/lte. Different phone model?

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I'm not sure how we (sprint) would fix your issue. That guy has a different version, and his profile says he's in Brazil so he's in the wrong forum. Our phones aren't on a gsm network. Did you try the dialer codes, or Odin back to stock?

Last edited:

livis n fur

Aug 19, 2012
Texas
Blazer is based on stock so that trick in the dialer should still work for you

The ##72786# worked for me well, I flashed a ported rom then it all went down hill from that point. So relished a backup and still no signal . Checked modem and did another wipe flash . Still nada, downloaded stock then the code , got signal back but only 3G update prl. I don't post much and just signed up as member but been flashing for awhile (evo 4g) old school. But I have no idea what happened. All I think of is a bad download. But any ways thanks for the help.

jfcooley

Jul 15, 2011
Charlottesville Va
This happened to me early this morning. I noticed that under settings the device had 000-000-0016 as my phone number and MIN as well as AABBCCDDEEFF00@hsn.sprintpcs.

All those were obviously way off. I called sprint to get the MSL and was able to change my phone number and MIN by entering ##(mel)#

Edit - change phone number and MIN. Both are the same on my line, but I'll mention my wife's nexus the MIN is different. May have to ask Sprint if you aren't sure.

After reboot (had to do above 2 times cause phone number didn't stick first time) o entered ##data# and was able to change the user name. I apologize for not remembering the steps but you can find where easily.

After all that rebooted and data/signal were good. Updated profile and PRL. No issues since.

Not sure what I did. I flashed a ROM (not mentioning because not certain the ROM was at fault) and it went to greyed bars with roaming indicator. Tried toggling data and nothing. Restored backup with same result. Restored tw backup (stock) and got same. Checked settings/about phone/status throughout. That's wheniI noticed the different settings.

Hope this helps someone.

livis n fur

Aug 19, 2012
Texas
This happened to me early this morning. I noticed that under settings the device had 000-000-0016 as my phone number and MIN as well as AABBCCDDEEFF00@hsn.sprintpcs.

All those were obviously way off. I called sprint to get the MSL and was able to change my phone number and MIN by entering ##(mel)#

Edit - change phone number and MIN. Both are the same on my line, but I'll mention my wife's nexus the MIN is different. May have to ask Sprint if you aren't sure.

After reboot (had to do above 2 times cause phone number didn't stick first time) o entered ##data# and was able to change the user name. I apologize for not remembering the steps but you can find where easily.

After all that rebooted and data/signal were good. Updated profile and PRL. No issues since.

Not sure what I did. I flashed a ROM (not mentioning because not certain the ROM was at fault) and it went to greyed bars with roaming indicator. Tried toggling data and nothing. Restored backup with same result. Restored tw backup (stock) and got same. Checked settings/about phone/status throughout. That's wheniI noticed the different settings.

Hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE

The same thing happened to me and its all good now . But im still wondering if it was the rom that I had flashed. And im the same as you I wasnt sure if it was the rom so I didnt want to say.

actionbot

May 14, 2011
THANK YOU!

If you're on stock try ##72786# in the dialer

THANK YOU! Worked for me. Had that issue after flashing a few roms... I have a friend that works as a tech for sprint, but after hours, he doesn't have the stuff with him at home, so would have to wait till the following day for when he got to work.. I knew XDA had good people that post.. and you're a+ in my book! rofl

mickykay

Jan 15, 2014
same issue different phone

K guys I have the same issue with gt-i9192 dual sim s4 mini. I have like a O with / in top bar and no signal. I have been at this for last week. Any help is appreciated. I have tried almost everything. Am running out of options!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RESOLVED

Yup if u odind stock and did the ##72786# u might have an issue. Take it back

Hey...I found out why I didn't have service and was able to fix it. When I had flashed AOKP, there is a setting in the Mobile Networks screen to change the CDMA subscription to RUIM/SIM. Somehow (probably playing around) I changed it from the NV to RUIM/SIM. THEN, I nandroided back to stock, and had no service. As far as I know, that CDMA Subscription option isn't on the STOCK ROM...so I was baffled. Good thing I remembered what I did.

Thanks for all of your help.

Can anyone direct me to a link to alleviate an issue with only getting 1x data with AOKP? I can't seem to find a fix for it yet...I think I might not even have data actually...
    I`m having same problem on a i9305

Did you attempt my method?
    I cant see how you can update prl/profile without a signal. couldve told u that wouldnt work.
    Try what ive posted above if you didnt already

If that dont work you need to reflash the stock rom (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1904099) and do the ##72786# trick

Man, I tried the ##72786# and I get the following message:
    Connection Problem or invalid MMI code

I'm loosing signal, when I try to call it doesn't complete the call and even with my S3 showing signal when I call to it's on the mail box...

any clue?

I lost signal after flash a custom rom. I tried to get back to the original twice, full wipe and stuff but nothing... signal keeps dropping...

Thanks
    No service...bummed

I am having this same issue...sadly :confused:

I've never had this happen with any of my other devices. Will I have to unroot back to stock, or can I use a stock rooted ROM? Because after dialing ##72786# in the dialer, it rebooted, and now says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" every two seconds...and still no service.

I'm worried, but am confident someone should be able to help me out on xda. I'm so impressed at all of the work that takes place on here. I wish I had the time to be able to learn how help others like myself in situations like this. :highfive:

Thanks to whoever can help.
    Try this. It s a dialer reset code

https://twitter.com/pof/status/250540790491787264
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app