4.4 Root+W/P Off Droid Ultra/Maxx/Mini - See link

Search This thread

xDroid4Lifex

Jan 28, 2014
Anyone stalling at "installing root stuff, thanks chainfire." It just sits there. I've tried a few times alreayd.

Open Terminal Emulator on your phone any type:

getprop ro.boot.write_protect

If that displays "0" then just re-root with pie, install SafeStrap and flash the latest SuperSu.zip

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium

Last edited:

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I have a mini and am still on 4.2.2 with wp disabled using MotoWpNoMo,,,can I just use supersu pro and put it in survival mode then take the normal OTA updates up to 4.4.3? Then after that reinstall safestraps?

Also, before I do this do I have to uninstall xposed and unfreeze the moto updater app that I have frozen in TiBu? Thanks!

Last edited:

xDroid4Lifex

Jan 28, 2014
I have a mini and am still on 4.2.2 with wp disabled using MotoWpNoMo,,,can I just use supersu pro and put it in survival mode then take the normal OTA updates up to 4.4.3? Then after that reinstall safestraps?

Also, before I do this do I have to uninstall xposed and unfreeze the moto updater app that I have frozen in TiBu? Thanks!

Exactly.

*Install SuperSu Pro and enable OTA Survival.
*Uninstall Xposed, enable the moto updater and unfreeze all other apps.
*Take the 4.4 OTA, after that's done make sure OTA Survival is still enabled in SuperSU and take the next OTA.

Reactions: Archangel

Sevlor

Jun 24, 2014
I can confirm this worked on the Droid Ultra XT1080. Thank you very much for those involved with this. I'm happy to have root back and tethering with my unlimited :D

My one concern with this is; is it normal to boot the phone up in to fastboot, select recovery and get the red triangle with the error of "No command"?

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
My one concern with this is; is it normal to boot the phone up in to fastboot, select recovery and get the red triangle with the error of "No command"?

Perfectly normal. That's how stock recovery behaves. I think you have to hold down VOL-UP for several seconds, then press POWER for a few seconds, then release in order to get recovery menu. I don't recall the exact procedure, but I usually just spam VOL-UP and POWER buttons for awhile till I get the recovery menu.

xDroid4Lifex

Jan 28, 2014
Perfectly normal. That's how stock recovery behaves. I think you have to hold down VOL-UP for several seconds, then press POWER for a few seconds, then release in order to get recovery menu. I don't recall the exact procedure, but I usually just spam VOL-UP and POWER buttons for awhile till I get the recovery menu.

As soon as you get the "no command" screen, hold in VOL-UP and tap the PWR button.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Sevlor

Jun 24, 2014
Does this bring us any closer to unlocking the bootloader, or with that ever happen with 4.4

rdenova

Jan 13, 2014
Quakertown, PA
Running 19.5.3 (downgraded from OTA of 19.6.3). PIE appears to work fine. It is the WPNoMo that is not working.

I just got a 19.5.3 Droid Maxx xt1080M and this is working.

When you run WPnoMo, if you keep the CMD window open that you used to enter the PIE commands and hit the up arrow to get to the last command used in PIE, and then hit enter to execute the command every time it reboots, it will re-root the phone after each reboot allowing WPNomo to continue. You must do this every time until it takes the command so WPNomo can continue. You will see the window tell you the device is not found, hit up arrow to bring up the last PIE command and then enter again. Do this until it actually takes the command while WPNomo is doing its count down or up I guess it is... Once it (PIE) sees the device and takes the command, WPNomo will continue in the other CMD window. Once WPNomo finishes, you will have root and WP off permanently. Then you can take the OTA 19.6.3, retain root with WP off.

Now if there was a SS for the Droid Maxx nondev and CM to go with it - Like I had on my Razr Maxx - we'de have it made...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirmed working on Droid Mini XT1030.
    I'm really impressed you found this just by experimentation and not reverse engineering code or anything like that.
    Whenever I experiment, it usually ends in bad luck, hard-bricked devices, and tears!

Exactly.

*Install SuperSu Pro and enable OTA Survival.
    *Uninstall Xposed, enable the moto updater and unfreeze all other apps.
    *Take the 4.4 OTA, after that's done make sure OTA Survival is still enabled in SuperSU and take the next OTA.