[APP] [1.6+] [17/05/13] Phono 1.7b - The operator widget (CDMA & GSM)

Search This thread

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
Hi, very difficoult question......to try to help you: what Phono shows when you're not in roaming?
I tried to find on my N5 the mobile service node (MSN) but it isn't specified.....
If it can help Phono retrives the network info directly fron the network and doesn't read in the device or in the sim....
Is your sim old? cause if I'm not wrong telekom.de desn't exist again it merged with T-Mobile...(or not?) ....
Did you try to use another operator sim on your RAZR?
Sorry if I do more questions instead answers but I try to understand better....:p
Ciao
Thanks for your help - I am at work right now (roaming abroad), so can't check - but I will surely try out your suggestions at home with a different provider SIM and let you know the results. I did try 2 different Telekom SIM cards though, they are roughly 1 year old.. didn't make a difference.
Now the interesting piece of information I read is that "phono retrieves the network info directly from the network" - so that means probably some coding in the baseband or RIL is probably overriding whatever the network sends with "Telekom.de" !?
I was just heading to data/property/ to check the persist.radio.nitz_lons_0_0 and persist.radio.nitz_sons_0_0 to find they are not there... is that inteded behavior on 4.2.2 ? I could swear they existed on stock 4.1.2

StefanGA

Apr 3, 2007
So, at home now out of roaming phono gives the following info:
Telephone Nr: NA
Provider: Telekom.de
Roaming: Not in Roaming
Phone Line Name:
Nation: de 2621
Network Type: EDGE
APN: NA in this Android release.

About > Phone

Network: Unknown
Mobile Network Type: 26201:2

Put in the SIM card of my GF - BASE Germany:

Provider: BASE DE
Phone Line Name:
Nation: de 2623
Network Type: NA

About > Phone

Mobile Network Type: 26203:1

tried a network operator search and I get all providers as BASE DE.. So seems a fundamental issue with the ROM/Baseband.. what do you think?

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
So, at home now out of roaming phono gives the following info:
Provider: Telekom.de
Phone Line Name:
Nation: de 2621
Network Type: EDGE

About > Phone

Mobile Network Type: 26201:2

Put in the SIM card of my GF - BASE Germany:

Provider: BASE DE
Phone Line Name:
Nation: de 2623
Network Type: NA

About > Phone

Mobile Network Type: 26203:1

tried a network operator search and I get all providers as BASE DE.. So seems a fundamental issue with the ROM/Baseband.. what do you think?

Hi, i absolutely agree seems a baseband issue....formerly the MCC is 262 and the MNC is 01, 02 or 11 and so on, the networks provide it as 2621 or 2622 so seems somewhere in your ROMs this code is malformed and doesn't omit the 0 before....and adds a number at the end...so the system is unable to retrieve Info's from the near cell....all that is what I suppose from my mobile skill....perhaps someone else have more competencies about....
Hope it help you!
Ciao

wojcimierz

Dec 1, 2013
Phono-operator status

Hi there,
I got some issue with phono and it's a little annoying for me. When I swipe down the statusbar I got extra notification like on the attached screenshot. I don't want this because it blocks my weather widget that shows me weather for next few hours/days. Is there any solution that could help me to get rid of this notification ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-22-12-31-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-22-12-31-07.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 108

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Unfortunately it isn't possible cause android system needs the notification to shows icon in the status bar. If you don't need the logo operator in the status bar but only use the widget you can disable the notification in the Phono preferences. Thanks

wojcimierz

Dec 1, 2013
Unfortunately it isn't possible cause android system needs the notification to shows icon in the status bar. If you don't need the logo operator in the status bar but only use the widget you can disable the notification in the Phono preferences. Thanks
It's a pitty... Unfortunately operator logo on status bar it is my only purpose to use the app.

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Unfortunately not because for android system all the imgs showed in the status bar must be compiled inside the application that created the notification. I'm sorry.

wes1099

Jul 9, 2014
Unfortunately not because for android system all the imgs showed in the status bar must be compiled inside the application that created the notification. I'm sorry.

Well, it would actually be rather easy for me to decompile the app, put some images in, and re-compile it. Maybe I will try that, or maybe I will learn to theme...

itsmemario

Apr 6, 2013
Well, it would actually be rather easy for me to decompile the app, put some images in, and re-compile it. Maybe I will try that, or maybe I will learn to theme...

I was about to ask the same...so "exchange logo ltmob.png WITH l4546.png" does not seem to work from within the app.

So I unpacked the APK....and found like dozens of T-Mobile and dozens of vodafone logos.

What does the logo name of this T-mobile png tell me about MMC and stuff :

l310240.png

Are these numbers connected to provider MMC or something ?
Yes they are, so its easy to place a custom ICON inside of the APK :)

Anyway, thanks for the app ! :)

Last edited:

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Hi I know the problem....I'm working on it, unfortunately I haven't LTE so I need more time to fix. Thanks and sorry

drdick88

Apr 13, 2015
Operator name & logo

Hi, I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post a request to change a certain logo and operator name? The reason is the whole network was recently bought.

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Hi, I do not know if this is the appropriate place to post a request to change a certain logo and operator name? The reason is the whole network was recently bought.

Hi, will be better to do it using Phono: menu->logo request, it will compose an email to me with the necessary information.
BTW if you won't do it (for privacy reason and so on) write a PM but be careful to insert all the needed info.
Thanks

Reactions: drdick88

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono updates

After some months of silence we are back with some Phono update, from release 1.7b we gone to 1.8a....here the chancelogs:

• 1.7c Fixed a big issue with uk network that introduced the wifi calls, that's caused Phono crash because the network type wasn't include in our network type array, we were not guilty about it, because UK networks doesn't respect the Android parameters....
    many thanks to Neil & Byron for the great help!
  • 1.7d Fixed sone Thai and Malaysa logos
  • 1.7e Fixed some logos
  • 1.8 Finally we solved the LTE signal strength issue!!!
  • 1.8a fixed LTE signal strength bug, added and fixed some logos,honeycombfix option enabled by default to prevent ricurring notification (remember if you need you can always disable it in Phono preferences)
I really hope with this to close definetly thisLTE bugs, so finally we can dedicate to improve the notifications an the user interface (widget including).....

Thanks to: Neil, Byron, David Mersi, Jiří M. and Torben

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
phono 1.8b update just published

This is a fast update to fix a force to close problem of 1.8a on android 2.x.
Sorry to the user experience the problem.

apus2

Mar 24, 2010
Milan
Phono 1.9 update

In this release of Phono we focused to improve the notification, we added the possibility to hide it from the lockscreen and we try to made it more clear.
Here the change log:

• Lockscreen, show or hide notification, read notes please!
  • Priority of the notification (high / medium / low)
  • WiFi / Mobile icon option in the notification
  • Text information on the type of connection in the notification
  • Ability to use logos based on the name line or custom even when abroad
  • New logos
  • Small bugs fixed

2015-09-01%2B11.49.58.png

2015-09-01%2B11.50.18.png

2015-09-01%2B11.50.46.png

Thanks

Reactions: phonegeek24

jamexman

Aug 20, 2011
How do I make it so the notification and logo stay persistent? If I clear my notifications (ie if I get a lot of emails) it also clears the phono notification and icon.

Nexus 6 on marshmallow by the way.

Top Liked Posts