[Q] MW600 paired to Xperia Play

Search This thread

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
Hi,

I have a MW600 headset paired to my Play, everything works flawlessly, It is a pair made in heaven everything works... but I have 2 questions...

1. - Is there a way the MW600 display shows de contact name instead of the actual phone number when receiving a call? (I don't like to remember all the numbers on my small contact list...I'm too lazy)

2.- How can I tweak the voice dialing on the headset... It never get my commands rights... I know my english sucks, but not that bad...

Thanks

TehH4rRy

Jun 6, 2011
I have these headphones and am in the same boat as you, I haven't seen anyway to configure them.

For the lack of contact names (as well as song names) I read that it's a limitation with Android and not sending that over bluetooth.

Reactions: hexen2006

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
Thanks,

meh, I mean headphones are OK and both headphones and mobile work great together anyway, let's hope an android update can help us with the track info / contact name display issue.

by the way how does your voice dialing works? mine really sucks... is that me (and my spanish accented english) or it just sucks?

TehH4rRy

Jun 6, 2011
Mine isn't too bad, The only problem I face is it disguinishing between two of the same named contacts, For example I have a John Smith and a John Anderson. Sometimes it selects the wrong person.

Like any voice control articulation and low background noise is key

ryocoon

Jun 10, 2008
San Jose
Mine isn't too bad, The only problem I face is it disguinishing between two of the same named contacts, For example I have a John Smith and a John Anderson. Sometimes it selects the wrong person.

For some reason, if you change the native language for voice (in the system settings) to US English (not UK english or other languages) and you are giving commands in english, you have a lot more accuracy of commands. Even if you are speaking with an accent. I don't know why that is, but it may have something to do with more work being done on the English voice control feedback and voice search profiles than others. (More US english speakers than other native languages on the voice search team, I think).

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
Where do you change the native language? in system settings under Language & keyboard right?...

i already have it on English USA... I think I just suck at it.. :(

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
Is there anyway to have the phone in English language and the voice calling in Spanish???

I think that's why my phone do not understand my commands, I live in Mexico, and therefore all my contacts are Mexican Spanish pronunciated names and the system is looking for English sounding words right? It's that even possible???

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

xaneybert

Oct 25, 2009
mw600

question.

how long is the xperia play's battery life when connected to bluetooth headset?

thanks.

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
It is quite good actually, I can go over 24 hrs without playing or 12 hrs with heavy use (3g, gps, casual gaming messaging and emailing and calling if course.)

About the battery on the headset is quite good actually on normal use, it can be affected on heavy use

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

RozenTensai

Apr 15, 2011
Panama
For those trying to get track info in the MW600 *and* want to mess a little with their Play, you should try flashing the latest nightly build of CM7, for me, it works flawlessly, showing track info, and everything else, but didn't test about the caller info because I don't receive so many calls :eek:

I own a R800i so it should work with the other GSM models.

It is not an 'Android's limitation' but a 'developer limitation', they just don't want to give the needed support/development for their devices and accesories. :mad:

@DanyXP: yep, it's the only way, because the Plays don't have the FM chip builtin
I use the MW600's fm radio mostly because my data plan is limited. :(

Balur

Jan 21, 2007
Surrey
I have one on my r800a works okay, voice dialing is crap, i've disabled it. Range is good enough, sound quality is good no complaints.

Same numbers only on the display which is useless for me because i don't know anyone number, and track names don't always mtach up, depends on the program i'm using to play music.

murat17

Nov 22, 2011
Rotterdam
Guys can someone help me. I have baught a head of sony with the code: DRZX301 but when I put the cable in it says accessoire isn't supported. please can someone help me.

narflynn619

May 25, 2011
On board Nebuchadnezzar.
@hexen2006, how's your MW600 doing? I'm planning to get one next week but I have read numerous negative reviews about its ISSUE WITH SUDDENLY DYING BATTERIES after a range of 2 days to 4 months of use in most user experience. Did this happen to you?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have these headphones and am in the same boat as you, I haven't seen anyway to configure them.

For the lack of contact names (as well as song names) I read that it's a limitation with Android and not sending that over bluetooth.

For some reason, if you change the native language for voice (in the system settings) to US English (not UK english or other languages) and you are giving commands in english, you have a lot more accuracy of commands. Even if you are speaking with an accent. I don't know why that is, but it may have something to do with more work being done on the English voice control feedback and voice search profiles than others. (More US english speakers than other native languages on the voice search team, I think).