sowhat we can do now
i have a same proplem cannot load 'recovery,img'

amish4u1983

Account currently disabled
Jan 30, 2007
GB
wow this did it for me... i dont understand bc i typed
fastboot flash recovery rec(tab)
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.img and i hit enter and it flashed. weird. but thanks dude i greatly appreciate it for sticking it out with me.

This actually helped me after at least 1-2 hours to understand what was the deal. :D

fastboot recovery recovery.img.img

Can someone please confirm if the following completes the rooting process?

sending 'recovery' <6308 KB>...
OKAY [ 0.601s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.189s]
finished. total time: 2.792s

Reactions: Sagar14624
This actually helped me after at least 1-2 hours to understand what was the deal. :D

fastboot recovery recovery.img.img

Can someone please confirm if the following completes the rooting process?

sending 'recovery' <6308 KB>...
OKAY [ 0.601s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 2.189s]
finished. total time: 2.792s

Turn on, show extensions in your O.S.

Aug 12, 2014
Lahore
Got another Method to solve recovery.img load error

Hi there !!! Just found it somewhere on the net .... If you get a recovery.img load error it is due to CMD not run from the same folder as that of the recovery.img .... Simply Press SHIFT and RIGHT CLICK and in the menu select RUN COMMAND WINDOW HERE ... Then run the command and It should do its work Right !!! Hope it helps You too :):angel:

Reactions: vvikke

NWNJ

Jul 21, 2013
Allamuchy, NJ
Huawei Mate X2
This is absolutely crazy but this also solved my problem with the auto complete and the double img being needed even though the instructions say to be sure NOT to do double img. Crazy, but it worked. Thank you!

Have you, by any chance, tried pressing the Tab button to autocomplete the recovery filename?

for example:

fastboot flash recovery rec[TAB] --> autocompletes to recovery.img

I'm running out of ideas here

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Wonderful. You probably have "hide file extensions for known file types" checked. So when you downloaded the original, it ACTUALLY had a .img on the end of it already (which windows hid from you). Windows, unlike unix, cannot differentiate files based on their header, but instead relies on a useless extension in the file name of all places (ie, .img, .mp3 and .jpg at the end of the filename).

And noo problem mate, happy to help.

Last edited:

eloko

Nov 22, 2010
wtf... the TAB thing works... even though i have it write down exactly the same way... THANKS.

Sagar14624

Apr 3, 2015
You Are out of this world, man

This tab autocomplete is a killer. It worked like a charm.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.img :D:D:D

Last edited:

FoX414

Jul 20, 2016
Im getting the same problem

the same exact thing happens to me ive been at it for days now i get this error trying to flash cwrm and twrp so i can root my phone or can i root it without the recovery?
this is the error as reads in the cmd promt
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ADB Drivers_Updated\ADB Drivers_Updated>fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': Unknown error

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

the same exact thing happens to me ive been at it for days now i get this error trying to flash cwrm and twrp so i can root my phone or can i root it without the recovery?
this is the error as reads in the cmd promt
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\ADB Drivers_Updated\ADB Drivers_Updated>fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': Unknown error

lol omg the tab thing worked it was recovery.img.img but when i try to boot into recovery its stuck on the boot page with red text that says this build is for development prposes only do not distribute ect. this is why i tried to overrite the twrp.img because i thout it was faultty but i guess its my phone unless im missing something

ponyo-e

Jul 26, 2016
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img.img and i hit enter and it flashed. weird. but thanks dude i greatly appreciate it for sticking it out with me.

a week seeking this solution, tnks! i can kiss you ass!! this ****in "xxx.IMG.IMG" HAHAHA IM VERY HAPPY!

anditan

Aug 13, 2016
Is there a way to do this on the terminal for mac?

I have adb enabled for terminal and have a recovery.img file in my downloads. I typed into terminal:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

but it said cannot load recovery.img

Any help?

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Is there a way to do this on the terminal for mac?

I have adb enabled for terminal and have a recovery.img file in my downloads. I typed into terminal:
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

but it said cannot load recovery.img

Any help?

What is the exact error, can you copy/paste all input/output from terminal here?

anditan

Aug 13, 2016
I dont think I was using the terminal right anyways.
I tried flashing an unofficial TWRP image using flashify and now I think im stuck in a bootloop. It always boots into fastboot and says recovery image verify failed and to change to an official image. It also says the phone is unlocked but frp is locked.

Im using a Huawei Y6 SCL-L01

thugzmansionz

Sep 8, 2016
Check File Path

I know this is not a new subject. but i feel i wont get a response in another thread that is pretty outdated. so im trying to flash cwm recovery thru fastboot but i get an error. I've tried typing the directory path c:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img. i get "cannot load recovery.img". this is what im typing

fastboot flash recovery c:\android-sdk\platform-tools\recovery.img
and i still get the error. I've even tried moving the recovery.img to c:\recovery.img
but no matter where or how i call it. it wont load. please help guys. I had android sdk install before but i had to wipe my pc clean and i just recieved a replacement nexus s 4g.

I had the same issue with a different android device. I hit tab to automatically complete the recovery image filename, and it gave me the first filename in the adb fastboot program files folder. I renamed my recovery image "aarec" so that it would appear at the top of the folder. Then it worked.

Bheabhea

Oct 1, 2016
THANKS

Have you, by any chance, tried pressing the Tab button to autocomplete the recovery filename?

for example:

OMG thank you so much your a Superman!! i just went here today losing hope until i read your Ideas

WARKRIME

Sep 24, 2010

for example:

Looked everywhere all day come to this thread and it works Perfect !!

Thank you!!:good::good::good::good:

krizan

Jan 21, 2015
i have an issue regarding SYSTEM.img instead of RECOVERY.img.. i somehow tried the "tab" thing.. but unfortunately it did not work. Would you happen to know what could be done regarding to "error: cannot load "SYSTEM.img"? thanks in advance.

Kireto00

Apr 21, 2017

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

for example:

for example:

Wonderful. You probably have "hide file extensions for known file types" checked. So when you downloaded the original, it ACTUALLY had a .img on the end of it already (which windows hid from you). Windows, unlike unix, cannot differentiate files based on their header, but instead relies on a useless extension in the file name of all places (ie, .img, .mp3 and .jpg at the end of the filename).

And noo problem mate, happy to help.
    Have you tried navigating to the folder where recovery.img is located and typing "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

for example:

let me give this a tried