[MOD][Xposed] XQuietHours v 2.0 (Updated)

Search This thread

dCode16

Apr 5, 2010
Munich, Germany
I hate the Priority interruptions in Lollipop. So decided to port my old XQuietHours Xposed module over from Kitkat to Lollipop.

NOTE: Please un-install the previous version before installing the new one as I lost my certs and had to generate new ones.

UPDATE:
Lollipop Support
Selection of an Additional Quiet hour
Simplified the GUI
Days of week name is picked up based on Locale

Background
The QuietHours feature of CyanogenMod ROMs is very handy and a must have for me. However, when I moved over to Paranoid Android 4.4/4.5, I missed this feature heavily. So I developed a simple xposed module to bring it back.
This application was developed for personal use and hence has been tested only on a Nexus 5 with Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2. Though, I see no reason why it would not work on KitKat based AOSP ROMs.
I would not install this with GravityBox as it already supports this functionality, nor would I install this on CyanogenMod based ROMs for the same reason.

Tested On
Nexus 5 Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2.

Installation
  • Download and install Xposed framework
  • Install XQuietHours module and activate it (download from attachment)
  • Reboot
  • Open the XQuietHours app and set time range and notification options

Changelog
v1 : Initial implementation
v1.1 : Added selection of day of weeks.
v2.0 : Lollipop Support + Additional Quiet hour settings

Screentshots v2.0
See Attachments

Credits
I have made this application by referring to the following work.
  • rovo89 for Xposed Framework
  • CyanogenMod
  • GravityBox Kitkat (C3C076@xda)
  • WhatsAppQuietHours (pbosio@xda)

Source
You can find the source here

Cheers :good:

Attachments

• XQuietHours.apk
    322.5 KB · Views: 870
  • Screenshot_2015-03-08-14-46-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-14-46-59.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 4,517
  • Screenshot_2015-03-08-14-47-04.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-08-14-47-04.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 4,354
Last edited:

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I'd like something like this, but the reason I don't use Gravity Box's and from the looks of this one too, it doesn't appear to have a setting to allow "starred" contacts or a certain group of contacts to bypass the silent mode, even after so many tried or anything. I wouldn't mind being woken up in the middle of the night if something serious happened. Family and close friends would get a hold of me for that and I'd like to keep that option open.

Reactions: adlx.xda

gzrecoil

Mar 29, 2011
Are there any apps out there that do this for specific apps? I would love to silence just email and gmail apps overnight, but not others. I guess I just want calls and texts to ring.

I have a quiet mode on my LG G3 but I don't want to actually miss something important while I'm sleeping.

Great work here though, bravo.

briankfree

Feb 9, 2014
This is exactly what i'm looking for. I need to be able to allow 'All Calls' or "calls from favorites". I'm on call a lot and i dont want to be bothered with texts or emails, only emergencys. Is this in the plan to implement this? I know CM and some other ROMs support this.

So far, the app looks great...

I'd like something like this, but the reason I don't use Gravity Box's and from the looks of this one too, it doesn't appear to have a setting to allow "starred" contacts or a certain group of contacts to bypass the silent mode, even after so many tried or anything. I wouldn't mind being woken up in the middle of the night if something serious happened. Family and close friends would get a hold of me for that and I'd like to keep that option open.

Braska90

May 8, 2012
Zanarkand
Great work man, with this maybe I could really switch to PA.

Just to know, it is possible (like in Omni QH) to enable/disable when i want and not only with scheduled time?

brizey

Aug 6, 2011

+1. One of the reasons I don't run Carbon very often except on my tablet. Currently I use Sound Profile when I am on a GPE ROM, but every so often it loses its mind and gets out of whack...not unexpected given it is a user app instead of a system level change.

D

Deleted member 5643938

Great , just installed it

Someone mentioned it earlier but would it be possible to implement multiple specific timeframes?

Thanks a ton :)

QNBT

Oct 14, 2010
Thank you so much! Was missing this feature as well when moving to PA.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I hate the Priority interruptions in Lollipop. So decided to port my old XQuietHours Xposed module over from Kitkat to Lollipop.

NOTE: Please un-install the previous version before installing the new one as I lost my certs and had to generate new ones.

UPDATE:
    Lollipop Support
    Selection of an Additional Quiet hour
    Simplified the GUI
    Days of week name is picked up based on Locale

Background
    The QuietHours feature of CyanogenMod ROMs is very handy and a must have for me. However, when I moved over to Paranoid Android 4.4/4.5, I missed this feature heavily. So I developed a simple xposed module to bring it back.
    This application was developed for personal use and hence has been tested only on a Nexus 5 with Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2. Though, I see no reason why it would not work on KitKat based AOSP ROMs.
    I would not install this with GravityBox as it already supports this functionality, nor would I install this on CyanogenMod based ROMs for the same reason.

Tested On
    Nexus 5 Paranoid Android 4.5 BETA 2.

Installation
    • Download and install Xposed framework
    • Install XQuietHours module and activate it (download from attachment)
    • Reboot
    • Open the XQuietHours app and set time range and notification options

Changelog
    v1 : Initial implementation
    v1.1 : Added selection of day of weeks.
    v2.0 : Lollipop Support + Additional Quiet hour settings

Screentshots v2.0
    See Attachments

Credits
    I have made this application by referring to the following work.
    • rovo89 for Xposed Framework
    • CyanogenMod
    • GravityBox Kitkat (C3C076@xda)
    • WhatsAppQuietHours (pbosio@xda)

Source
    You can find the source here

Cheers :good:
    Added lollipop support !
    NOTE: Please un-install previous version before installing the new one.
    Thanks for this module OP. I received over 500 WhatsApp messages and a bunch of BBM messages last night and this finally forced me to look into a Quiet Hours module. I installed yours and set it up. Installed Whataspp quiet hours too.

Just wonder if you would be able to add an option that will add a separate option for the Phone ringer. I'd like to be able to mute all notifications except phone calls. I remember this being implemented in AOKP builds and it's even in TouchWiz now in the Blocking Mode app.

It helps with emergency situations in case someone needs to get a hold of you.

Thanks again@

Phone calls are let through. This app does not silence them.
    I am looking into silencing calls .. also have some exceptions like let through calls from favorite contacts.
    You should make it so you can add different time frames. (I.e. 4-5pm then 9-11pm)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app