LG-Stylo-3--Stylus-3.jpg

Code:
*** Disclamer
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

WARNING: The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
SOLUTION: Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.

Supported Models :
TP450 & MP450 & LGM470

Prerequisites :
YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED

How to unlock the bootloader :
1-enable oem unlock in the developer settings
2-reboot to fastboot [adb reboot bootloader] then issue this command [fastboot oem unlock]
note: this will wipe your data]
-If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge, you can download it from here:
http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=PWZO7A26B9UW

How to flash Twrp:
BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal

ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/John/Desktop/recovery.img
[don't forget to extract the downloaded recovery zip to get the recovery.img]

WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.

BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!

Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP
Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.
How to Disable encryption and flash super su [Root Your Device]:
1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
5. Disconnect the device now.
6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip [/B]
Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.

Downloads:
https://twrp.me/lg/lgstylo3plus.html

Additional Downloads:
SuperSU stable by Chainfire
dm-verity and force encryption disabler
[Please do not mirror the downloads]

Credits: Me, Teamwin, my tester @ghet2rockuu

Device Tree:
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_sf340n

Please note I don't own this device, lg didn't release the stock firmware yet, spend a lot of my time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from. make sure to hit the thanks button and consider to donate if you appreciate my work ;)
Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/messi2050

Attachments

• dgdgdf.jpg
    dgdgdf.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 10,053
Last edited:

ghet2rockuu

Nov 21, 2013
cant change themixer file when i save keeps saying file read only n wont let me save weird because it use to work on es file explorer

nvrmnd fixed it by changing permissions

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

how can i get a original boot image i need it to install latest magisk i have itinstalled but its asking to update and i cant with out original boot image

Last edited:

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
cant change themixer file when i save keeps saying file read only n wont let me save weird because it use to work on es file explorer

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

how can i get a original boot image i need it to install latest magisk i have itinstalled but its asking to update and i cant with out original boot image
You better have a backup before tying any mod as there is no available stock firmware for download it will be very difficult to fix a brick without a backup

70p487

Aug 1, 2017
I'm having a hard time trying to get to thw TWRP screen! :/
This is all I get:
"your device software cannot be checked for corruption. Lock the bootloader"

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

i'm having a hard time trying to get to thw twrp screen! :/
this is all i get:
"your device software cannot be checked for corruption. Lock the bootloader"

edit: Wait! I got it! Lol!

Messi! You are a true hero!!!! Thank you soooo much! <3

Reactions: messi2050

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
Hell ya. What you guys think of this phone? I'm loving mine! I came from the Note 4, and this phone is way faster, with lower specs. But ya I'm really liking this phone. Can't wait to get home and get root and recovery on this bad boy! Thank you!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Reactions: Steventrusty01

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Best Believe It...

Hell ya. What you guys think of this phone? I'm loving mine! I came from the Note 4, and this phone is way faster, with lower specs..

Thanks to a *Demi-God* named Messi... I'm kicking the front door open in about 8 hours and DEMANDING they sell me a LG Stylo 3+.. :cool:

They go on sale for $149.00 starting @ store opening.. :good:

Talk about Karma.. GREAT timing Messi ! :cool:

Reactions: sdflowers32

messi2050

Nov 1, 2012
A simple way to show you appreciate development is to hit that thanks button on the first post, so make sure to hit it as a simple way to show continued support!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG-Stylo-3--Stylus-3.jpg

Code:
    *** Disclamer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

WARNING: The stock boot image has dm-verity, which prevents you from booting if you swipe to enable system modifications!
    SOLUTION: Flash a root such as SuperSU or phh-superuser. You can also flash no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip.

Supported Models :
    TP450 & MP450 & LGM470

Prerequisites :
    YOUR BOOTLOADER MUST BE UNLOCKED

How to unlock the bootloader :
    1-enable oem unlock in the developer settings
    2-reboot to fastboot [adb reboot bootloader] then issue this command [fastboot oem unlock]
    note: this will wipe your data]
    -If you have problems with the device drivers installed , you will need to install lg bridge, you can download it from here:
    http://tool.lime.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=PWZO7A26B9UW

How to flash Twrp:
    BOOT INTO FASTBOOT MODE:
    With your phone off, connect your usb cable to your phone while holding VOLUME DOWN to boot into fastboot mode or just type [adb reboot bootloader] in the adb terminal

ONCE YOU ARE IN FASTBOOT MODE:
    Open a command prompt and type "fastboot flash recovery <path_to_recovery.img>” without the quotation marks.
    Example: fastboot flash recovery C:/Users/John/Desktop/recovery.img
    [don't forget to extract the downloaded recovery zip to get the recovery.img]

WHEN THE FLASH COMPLETES: (Takes about 2 seconds)
    On your phone, unplug the usb cable and power it off by taking out the battery and putting it back in.

BOOT INTO RECOVERY MODE FOR THE FIRST TIME
    HOLD VOLUME DOWN + POWER until you see the LG logo and then temporarily release the POWER button, immediately pressing and holding it back down until you see the white prompt [factory reset] screen. You will NEVER release the volume down button in this process!

Use the hard keys to select "YES" and then "YES" again to boot into TWRP
    Notice: After the TWRP splash screen you will see the option to type in the password to decrypt the filesystem just ignore it and press the cancel button.
    How to Disable encryption and flash super su [Root Your Device]:
    1. In TWRP, go to Wipe > Format Data. Enter the keyword ‘yes‘, in the provided space and enter. This will wipe the automatically encrypted filesystem, and decrypt it.
    2. Once the wiping is done, reboot back into recovery. Go to Reboot > Recovery.
    3. When the recovery boots again, connect your phone to the PC and Enable MTP under the Mount section.
    4. Transfer the downloaded ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’ and ‘SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip to your internal storage or EXTSD
    5. Disconnect the device now.
    6. Tap on Install. Now, navigate your phone’s storage and select ‘no-verity-opt-encrypt-**.zip’. Finally swipe the ‘Swipe to confirm Flash’ button on the bottom of the screen.
    7. The flashing process will merely take a few seconds. And when it’s done, follow the same method to flash the root package – SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031.zip [/B]
    Wait 1 or 2 minutes after the zip files are done flashing then reboot system and PROFIT! Your phone may take 3-5 minutes to boot the first time and it might boot-loop once or twice at the Metro PCS splash screen but don’t worry this is expected.

Downloads:
    https://twrp.me/lg/lgstylo3plus.html

Additional Downloads:
    SuperSU stable by Chainfire
    dm-verity and force encryption disabler
    [Please do not mirror the downloads]

Credits: Me, Teamwin, my tester @ghet2rockuu

Device Tree:
    https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_lge_sf340n

Please note I don't own this device, lg didn't release the stock firmware yet, spend a lot of my time bringing these builds for you to use and benefit from. make sure to hit the thanks button and consider to donate if you appreciate my work ;)
    Paypal donation link: https://paypal.me/messi2050
    Lg Stylo 3 Plus All in One Twrp Installer

Step 1. Make sure you have the LG Driver Installed

Step 2. Make sure you have Minimal Adb & Fasboot installed.

Step 3. Make sure you have adb Debugging on your LG Device Enable

Step 4. By Doing so go into Settings , General, About Phone, Software Info and Tap 7 times on the Build Number which Enables Developer Mode back under General in the Settings menu there you will find
    Enable ADB Debugging

Step 5. Unlocking Your Lg Stylo 3 Plus Bootloader
    on your Desktop Front Page of your PC you will open up the program you installed called
    Minimal ADB FASTBOOT which will open up cmd on your PC which is Command Prompt type in
    adb devices

It should come back after you entered with lgmp450 such n such that means your devices is connected with your pc if not then you need to make sure you installed the drivers correctly.

Next you Will type
    adb reboot bootloader

Your phone will reboot to the Bootloader Menu and then you
    type in
    fastboot oem unlock

your phone will do a factory data reset thats when you need to repeat Steps 3 & 4 process

This time with adding something
    Go into Settings, General, Fingerprints and Security and Enable Unknown Sources
    in order to do Step 6

Step 6. Which is Use this Program All in One Tool which will install Twrp
    the
    Update.zip
    No verity.zip are 2 be placed on your sd card and flashed from TWRP

Another Way you can get to the Bootloader Menu
    With Phone Powered OFF plug the phone i to the PC WITH HOLDING VOLUME UP

Another Way to get into Download Mode
    With Phone Powered OFF plug the phone into PC with HOLDING VOLUME DOWN

Another Way to get into Custom Recovery
    With phone powered OFF HOLD DOWN VOLUME & POWER @ THE SAME TIME LET GO OF THE POWER BUTTON FOR A SEC HOLD BACK DOWN POWER WITHOUT LETTING GO OF THAT VOLUME DOWN KEY a white menu will pop up hit yes then yes
    Phone should boot into TWRP

Here is the Download Link for the Programs & Drivers
    1.Minimal Adb & Fastboot Installer
    2.Lg Stylo 3 Plus Twrp Installer which is the All in One Installer
    The latest SuperSu is the update.zip and No Verity.zip located in the All in One.zip
    3.Lg Stylo 3 Plus Universal Driver

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7nOJ0l6RQfmOEh3REdxbXRfUjA/view?usp=drivesdk

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 AM ----------

Figured this Might help you out
    Messi and Community :)

You better have a backup before tying any mod as there is no available stock firmware for download it will be very difficult to fix a brick without a backup
    :) evrything working good thanks alot :)