[ROM] KiNgxKxlick Espresso2G1 v1.3 "Driven By King Kernel" 02/02/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

path2u

Oct 12, 2009
Help installing ROM

Hey there, every time I visit the main ROM matrix and compare all the features I decide I like your ROM the best ... however I have never been able to install it on my G1. I have tried several different versions over time, today your latest v1.3.
I have G1, Dream 32B, with 26I radio. I have been using Cyanogen ROM's with no problems, but every time I try to install one of yours I get an error
E:Can't chown /mod/system/xbin/busybox ( no such file or directory )
E:Failure at line 22 set_perm 0 0 04755 System:/xbin/busybox
Installation Aborted

I am sure this is something simple, like an initial requirement I am missing, but I have been searching for a while and can not find a decent instruction guide for your ROM's anywhere.
Could you please help point me in the right direction ?
I would be happy to donate if I could ever get it working ... ha ha.
BTW - congrats on your recent purchase of Nexus, I am looking at getting one once they come out with keyboard version.
** I found solution **
Apparently I did not have the Danger SPL. Simple download and install.

Last edited:

path2u

Oct 12, 2009
Requirements

I know there are several places where there is info on this new ROM, but I was hoping for a good list of 'requirements' before trying to run it.
For example, how do partitions need to be set up for this rom ?
I have tried running it several times, and finally got it to boot all the way and it was really slow with constant fc's ... I am thinking I may need to change something in partitions.
I love the way this rom looks, and the features are great ... so I am really hoping to get this going on my original G1.

death1246

Jan 24, 2010
Florida
Im going to try and flash kings latest kernel into this one and see if it works and if it does check the performance :S

Last edited:

cu2cool

Feb 16, 2010
I tried this out on my MyTouch without partitioning my sd card to Partition Layout: Fat32--Ext 1/2/3/4--Linux-swap. It was really slow, and FC a lot. Is it necessary to have Ext 1/2/3/4 even if you don't use A2SD? Will try with correct partitioning again to see if it's any better.

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I tried this out on my MyTouch without partitioning my sd card to Partition Layout: Fat32--Ext 1/2/3/4--Linux-swap. It was really slow, and FC a lot. Is it necessary to have Ext 1/2/3/4 even if you don't use A2SD? Will try with correct partitioning again to see if it's any better.

Yea, Partition the memory card with a EXT 2 or 3 but that only fixes the speed... the FC's will still happen ALOT! I don't reccomend this rom for everyday use

cu2cool

Feb 16, 2010
OK, formated my SD to 512MB EXT 3, 96MB Swap, and reflashed. It loaded much quicker than before. Still a few FC here and there. I really like the way it looks, but unfortunately a lot of things did not function properly. The Favs widget would not load my contacts, the camera freezes after capturing, the overall performance was still too slow compared to the stock OS. Also I couldn't get it to mount the SD when plugged to my usb.

Will give this another try when the next update comes out.

hitman4485

Aug 12, 2009
Speed

Not positive if there is a set swap amount but before i flashed this i made my swap partition EXTREMELY large in hopes it would keep from slowing down...i was wrong. I will say though that the 2-3 days of use it has probably been the fastest ROM with sense that ive used. How the hell can i keep the speed up? also i am aware on reignzones tricks for device maintence and yes i use it

wookiee82

Sep 2, 2008
Bologna
Hi, i flashed this rom and everything seems to work good! The only thing is that i can't sync contacts with the pc with HTC_Sync! When i plug the cable only the debug icon appears and on the pc the phone is not even recognized!

One more thing, is it possible to add a language?!

LeonSK

Sep 2, 2009
  • Youtube dont show me image... im only hear the sound of video...
  • The Keyboard dont light up, either the main buttons

lookout4theyeti

Feb 7, 2009
Seriously guys read around before you post bugs! everyone knows that the keyboard lights do not work, and I'm not even gonna get started on "youtube doesn't work".. :rolleyes:

And as far as the keyboard lights, put the power control widget on one of your screens. When you open the keyboard and want to see the lights, press the brightness button at the right of the widget.

May 28, 2009
Seriously guys read around before you post bugs! everyone knows that the keyboard lights do not work, and I'm not even gonna get started on "youtube doesn't work".. :rolleyes:

And as far as the keyboard lights, put the power control widget on one of your screens. When you open the keyboard and want to see the lights, press the brightness button at the right of the widget.

i wil try that

LeonSK

Sep 2, 2009

Sorry 4 all... I forgot the first rule on a forum: "Use the search"

I already read and you tip for keyboard work :) thx

With the leaked rom with support 3D, is it possible a next version with that option?

Status
Not open for further replies.