Original Charger

Search This thread

tkharishreddy

Aug 5, 2012
Just go down to any nearest Sony Ericsson service center, there you can get original charger.. :)

Sent from my MIUI using xda premium

KostasMD

Oct 23, 2012
When you use a charger for another device you must be sure that the Output Amperes are equal or less than the ones of the original charger
of your device because you will propably damage your device!!

mayurcools

Apr 11, 2012
Karjat
MICROUSB are all same....(I think so)

sent from my W8 using xda app(paid/free doesn't matter)

no they are not all same
samsung provides 850mA current while our charger has 1A.

as our battery is 1200mAh we can give max 1.2A current to it (considering 1C discharge)

so i recommend to use any USB charger with 5V and 1A rating. apple chargers also use the same.
also buy a good company charger. dont use any china charger as they lack in overvoltage protection and all (i am not offending any chinese people in xda ;) ).
and our PC USB port provides 5V 500mA, so we can use it also but it will take time to charge phone.

press thanks if helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gogeta

vikalstha

Oct 18, 2012
kathmandu
no they are not all same

as our battery is 1200mAh we can give max 1.2A current to it (considering 1C discharge)

so i recommend to use any USB charger with 5V and 1A rating. apple chargers also use the same.
also buy a good company charger. dont use any china charger as they lack in overvoltage protection and all (i am not offending any chinese people in xda ;) ).
and our PC USB port provides 5V 500mA, so we can use it also but it will take time to charge phone.

press thanks if helped.

jst a query.....doesnt our x8 charger(ep800 greenheart) outputs 850mA...???????
though charging with 1A provides fast charging.....good or bad?

mayurcools

Apr 11, 2012
Karjat
jst a query.....doesnt our x8 charger(ep800 greenheart) outputs 850mA...???????
though charging with 1A provides fast charging.....good or bad?

every phone has built in charging IC and it provides high current with fast charging and when battery is about to charge full it reduces current and charges device normally so that there will not be any overcharging.
and our battery is LiPo not LiIon so we have advantages over more current draw and fast charging. also we can charge battery at ny time, it is not needed to charge it when battery is about to die to extend its life like in other batteries.

so you do not need to worry.

and my W8 original greenheart charger rating is 5V 1A

vikalstha

Oct 18, 2012
kathmandu
every phone has built in charging IC and it provides high current with fast charging and when battery is about to charge full it reduces current and charges device normally so that there will not be any overcharging.
and our battery is LiPo not LiIon so we have advantages over more current draw and fast charging. also we can charge battery at ny time, it is not needed to charge it when battery is about to die to extend its life like in other batteries.

so you do not need to worry.

and my W8 original greenheart charger rating is 5V 1A

thanks for d info....means i can charge my x8 with no mind-bugging query with other chrgers dat provide 1A?....woooooooooolaaaa...:highfive:

Theorw

Mar 2, 2012
When you use a charger for another device you must be sure that the Output Amperes are equal or less than the ones of the original charger
of your device because you will propably damage your device!!

Quite wrong there.The only thing that will happen is that the phone will take longer to charge if the mAmperes are less than the original chargers.If they are more it wont have any problem or it may even charge faster depending on the internal charge controller.
Just so you keep it in mind, the mAmps a charger states, is the MAXIMUM it can provide, not the mAmps it FORCES into the device.Every device drains as much power as it is configured to drain when it was built.
Its the OUTPUT voltage you must be careful at, though every charger the last 8 years outputs 5-7 volts which is fine. :laugh:

CtrlAltDelIrl

Mar 7, 2012
@above

True.. The phone will only draw the power it requires even if the charger has a higher rating..

Theorw

Mar 2, 2012
Well in this case you write nonsense ...
Sony Ericsson is the Sony Ericsson and not combined with other devices.
But if the charger fits why not a battery but it does not improve in the same way as other charges

Nonsense is not a very polite word, i d prefer inaccurate.
In this case both statements are wrong.There is no manufacturer constrain when using smartphones and chargers, as long as they both have the same plug (aka micro usb).
The chargers are not actually chargers, they are power supplies.As stated above each phone only takes the amount of power its charge controller IC dictates it to.So there is no better life with samsung charger nor SE for SE phones and not combining with other devices.
Use whatever charger you can find (as long as it is of some brand) and it will do the trick.If it says many mAs(like 1000 or more) good for, you, faster charge if the phone allows it, if it says less mAs you ll just have to wait more, but the battery wont get damaged, whatever charger you use!

Gogeta

Oct 9, 2012
Gingertown
Nonsense is not a very polite word, i d prefer inaccurate.
In this case both statements are wrong.There is no manufacturer constrain when using smartphones and chargers, as long as they both have the same plug (aka micro usb).
The chargers are not actually chargers, they are power supplies.As stated above each phone only takes the amount of power its charge controller IC dictates it to.So there is no better life with samsung charger nor SE for SE phones and not combining with other devices.
Use whatever charger you can find (as long as it is of some brand) and it will do the trick.If it says many mAs(like 1000 or more) good for, you, faster charge if the phone allows it, if it says less mAs you ll just have to wait more, but the battery wont get damaged, whatever charger you use!

O rly?
According to your logic
There must be charger that charges X8 in just 1 minute :silly:

see boot animation without rebooting:eek:

Theorw

Mar 2, 2012
O rly?
According to your logic
There must be charger that charges X8 in just 1 minute :silly:

see boot animation without rebooting:eek:
Why dont you grab a 70Ah charger and try and tell us your results then? :good:
In the meantime read carefully what i posted. i stated :' if the phone allows it". Meaning you can put a 2Ah charger but unless the phones charge controller allows it you cant charge in that rate.Ofc you shouldnt charge Lithium batteries with more than 1C in the first place but thats another story.
Finally i ve converted old cellphone chargers i had in a shelf to have USB output and they all work great, though they charge slower since they are 500mAh rated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MICROUSB are all same....(I think so)

sent from my W8 using xda app(paid/free doesn't matter)

no they are not all same

press thanks if helped.