[FIRMWARE][FTF] Collection of Xperia Play R800a/i/at/x firmware

Search This thread

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
I'm compressing/uploading all the firmware files I have, since people seem to be having trouble finding working links.

If you have any you can upload, PM me the links and I'll add them, with credit given.

***These files are for use with the flashtool by Androxhyde and Bin4ry, which is stickied in the development section.***
Note: clicking where it says "flashtool" above will take you to the thread.

If any links are down, make sure you notify me ASAP so I can post an alternative link! I don't have the time to login each day and check them all.

Original post will be updated as they are added.

2.3.3 Rogers
2.3.3 UK
4.0.1.A.0.283
4.0.2.A.0.42

From johnnzey
R800i - 4.0.2.A.0.62

From Xperia4life
R800i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic UK and this mirror for it.

From Poo-tang (via XperiaGamer.com)
R800i 4.0.2.A.0.58 Generic Hong Kong
2.3.2 Generic UK
2.3.3 AT&T
R800x Verizon 2.3.2(CDMA)
R800x Verizon 2.3.3(CDMA)

From elnacho Telcel (Mexico) R800a firmware

From allandacruz R800a 4.0.2.A.0.42 Latin America

Please note: The .69 firmware was an update specifically for Germany because of a "legal issue" see this link for more info. It is essentially the same software as build 62.

Last edited:

Nabeel_Nabs

Feb 14, 2011
I'm compressing/uploading all the firmware files I have, since people seem to be having trouble finding working links.

If you have any you can upload, PM me the links and I'll add them, with credit given.

Post will be updated as they are added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uploaded by Me:
2.3.3 Rogers

2.3.3 UK

4.0.1.A.0.283 - One of the first 2.3.4 updates

4.0.2.A.0.42

4.0.2.A.0.62

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of Xperia4life
R800i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic UK
And mirror:

Grabbed the 2.3.3 UK , thanks!

Reactions: redneck82

ttiimm

Dec 23, 2011
hey ive got the original firmware release that came with the xperia play, 2.3.2 how do i upload it?

arian009

Oct 7, 2010
London
Hey WHAT is this .69 version i've been seeing around the forum. can you upload that too please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LMAO sorry guys, after I posted this, I read it over and couldn't help not laughin lol, That's what she said loooooooool ok sorry about that anyways...

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
hey ive got the original firmware release that came with the xperia play, 2.3.2 how do i upload it?

Choose any file hosting site you like. Personally, I prefer mediafire but they only let you upload 200mb or less with a free account so it needs to be zipped.

Have to head into Vancouver for the day so I'll post some more tonight

Sent from Asgard

Last edited:
Reactions: toadstool678

tommoose

Nov 15, 2010
Consett
does anyone have the .58 hong kong .ftf? i updated flashtool and its wiped out all the firmwares that i'd built up. found the threads that had it originally but they're multiupload links and are no longer working.

many thanks

tom

ShahinTehShiz

Jun 16, 2011
London
You are amazing! This will definitely help me and newbies alike, grabbed the 2.3.3 just incase because I've been looking for link everywhere!

D

DennisDroid

Nice idea... but to become original stock firmwares for my contry (germany) i take the wotan client. There are all firmware from 2.3.3 (.368) until latest 2.3.4 (.69) :)

But thanks for your work :)

neverwinter

Oct 4, 2007
OK, so I chose the 4.0.2.A.0.42 for my R800a (USA; bought from eBay). I use Simple Mobile (using T-Mobile networks). After flashing my firmware, it looks like it looks different than the one I was using previously... anyway to resolve this?

Last edited:

ahmfaris27

Nov 28, 2011

2.3.3 Rogers
2.3.3 UK
4.0.1.A.0.283
4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62

R800i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic UK and this mirror for it. (Dropbox) - By Xperia4life

2.3.2 Generic UK
2.3.3 AT&T

Please note: The .69 firmware was an update specifically for Germany because of a "legal issue" see this link for more info.

Thanks a lot for this thread! :D

Reactions: djbrujo

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com

***These files are for use with the flashtool by Androxhyde and Bin4ry, which is stickied in the development section.***

2.3.3 Rogers
2.3.3 UK
4.0.1.A.0.283
4.0.2.A.0.42
4.0.2.A.0.62

R800i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic UK and this mirror for it. (Dropbox) - By Xperia4life

2.3.2 Generic UK
2.3.3 AT&T

From Spectre51 AT&T build .285

Please note: The .69 firmware was an update specifically for Germany because of a "legal issue" see this link for more info.

Is there a tutorial and software on how to flash this phone back to the 2.3.3 version so I can root it.

Spectre51

Is there a tutorial and software on how to flash this phone back to the 2.3.3 version so I can root it.

Find the flashtool thread to download the software. then get the .270 ftf file to flash to stock AT&T build. Root then you can ota update to .285 for at&t if that's what you want.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: rbgCODE

rbgCODE

Mar 2, 2012
Newington
www.webmaxdb.com
Find the flashtool thread to download the software. then get the .270 ftf file to flash to stock AT&T build. Root then you can ota update to .285 for at&t if that's what you want.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

This is a verizon phone though and I found the flash tool, and I got the flashing softwre, but i can not get it into the download screen no matter what I try, the phone button, vol down and power, power and clicking the search icon..

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

But thank for your help and I did thank you for that

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Note: clicking where it says "flashtool" above will take you to the thread.

If any links are down, make sure you notify me ASAP so I can post an alternative link! I don't have the time to login each day and check them all.

Original post will be updated as they are added.

2.3.3 Rogers
    2.3.3 UK
    4.0.1.A.0.283
    4.0.2.A.0.42

From johnnzey
    R800i - 4.0.2.A.0.62

From Xperia4life
    R800i 4.0.2.A.0.42 Generic UK and this mirror for it.

2.3.2 Generic UK
    2.3.3 AT&T

From elnacho Telcel (Mexico) R800a firmware

From allandacruz R800a 4.0.2.A.0.42 Latin America

Please note: The .69 firmware was an update specifically for Germany because of a "legal issue" see this link for more info. It is essentially the same software as build 62.
    After posting a link for all my FTF files I posted on my DevHost account, only to recently discover that DevHost deleted about 90+% of all my files without informing me of which I was super pissed about, I located all FTF files for the Xperia PLAY and downloaded them and backed them up to a secure location.

With that I have uploaded all these FTF files to my pogoplug account where I will have complete control and have made a link for everyone to access the FTF files as a separate location. Please see below:

http://ppl.ug/cka1KICty08/

FTF Kernels Collection - Special Thanks to TheScriptKitty

http://ppl.ug/eMC6s8_4ckc/

If for some reason this link should ever stop functioning someone please let me know immediately, thank you.

Edit - With that in mind I will be purchasing another Xperia PLAY within the month, although I moved onto a Nexus 5 about 18 months ago I never stopped visiting this forum. Hope to see ya'll around the xperia play stomping ground!

Edit 2 - Not sure if this is still used for the PLAY, this is the recoveryPLAY.img used to boot into this file at which point you would then flash recovery files:

http://ppl.ug/KfUOFPUGZ-Q/

Command: fastboot flash boot recoveryplay.img

EDIT 3 - Anyone who wished to download these files and post a separate download link for posterity purposes for the PLAY is more then welcome, the more solid locations that we can share links to the better chance we will have of no files disappearing, resulting with all users having access to these files.

For those interested I located the Xperia PLAY hardware schematic:

http://ppl.ug/z3Dd9LOLBOg/
    2dBBz

CLICK DOWNLOAD

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

mirroring all FTF's slowly :)
    what baseband is it for Australia?

Doesn't matter. Telstra is R800a (for 3G/NextG) but flashing R800i baseband works great. I'm running Baseband 77 now and it works great. See below.

I wish I could find a stock Telstra FTF though so I can rip some Telstra apps out of it :(

Guys and OP, since I am developing MIUI for the Xperia 2011 range I am slowly uploading all FTF files to my Mediafire folder. I am a Pro user so links will never go dead. But I only upload the latest FTF files. See my folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?e1mokgdgad5dh

Currently for Xperia Play I have:
    R800i_4.0.2.A.0.62_phoenixvendor.ftf
    - Still uploading, will be done in a few hours. For R800a or R800i or R800at. The only difference with this and original is that it's for my custom MIUI ROM/kernel, it has an extra vendor SIN from phoenix which "unlocks" about ~133MB of internal data so custom kernels can use more partition space. It will have no difference whatsoever unless you use a special kernel with "Vendor Unlock Required" (currently my MIUI kernel only, soon a LuPuS version will)

R800i_77_baseband.ftf
    - This is a NEW Baseband for the Play. It is actually for the Xperia Neo L, but the Neo L is 100% identical to our Play - just without a gamepad. I verify that it works 100% on R800a and seems to be better for ICS ROM's - especially my semi-official MIUI ROM.

R800x_3.0.1.E.0.88_Verizon.ftf
    - Still uploading, but should be there within 10-20 minutes of making this post. The latest known CDMA ROM+baseband for R800x users.

Enjoy!