[RELEASE][06/01/2011] ClockworkMod Recovery - current version - 3.0.0.5

Search This thread

udK

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 15, 2007
Switzerland
Hi all, I thought to open this thread to keep all users updated to all the new release of the ClockworkMod Recovery for our Desire.

Current version: 3.0.0.5
Old versions:

Changelog:
  • 2011-01-06
    • fix /sd-ext wipe
    • fix android secure formatting
    • Add the volume command for seeing the current recovery.fstab. Support crazy HTC chargemode.
    • Refactor nandroid so the availability of boot backup is determined automatically. Boot backups are also no longer assumes to be on raw partitions, as they may be on a VFAT partition or someting different, such as in the case of Nook.
    • 3.0.0.4. Provide an error message if an Amend zip is provided.
    • readd ext2/ext3 format support.
    • fix executable bit on e2fsck
    • Support for ext2 and ext3 update-binary.

• 2010-12-15
    • fix no select button
    • Added options for an internal SD card to be handled by recovery.
    • Exable uses in BoardConfig.mk:
      BOARD_HAS_SDCARD_INTERNAL := true
      BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERNAL := /dev/block/mmcblk3p1
    • Setting BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_SECONDARY to the same value as
      BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERNAL will allow the device to
      "fall back" to the internal SD card for other actions.
    • recovery: Remove condition around get_root_mtd_partition
    • Refactor recovery's block device handling to work across variant hardware in a cleaner fashion.
    • Fix write_raw_image on mtd devices.
    • Fix graphics corruption on some devices. BML restore needs to unlock first.
    • fix up bmlutils some more

• 2010-11-12
    • Supress "warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions" in minui/resources.c and mtdutils/mtdutils.c

• 2010-11-11
    • implement bmlutils
    • fix up implementation of int get_partition_device
    • Modify apply_patch to fail if trying to patch mtd on non-mtd devices.

Warning: Don't make a backup with Amon_Ra's recovery and restore it with ClockworkMod Recovery and vice-versa, you may USB brick your device.
catturasl.png

Sources available here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

All credits to koush for this recovery, I only compiled them!

Last edited:

unie

Nov 13, 2010
I used unrevoked to root my phone and that put clockwork on.

So how do I go about putting this on? Flash the .zip with clockwork or flash the image via fastboot?

Cheers

Pajorve

Jul 13, 2010
Osasco/SP
How do I setup?

Good day to you all ... How will everyone?

I wonder which of the 2 files I download to install and if I flash normally files?

How do I setup?

Thank you!

:confused:

Pavelol

Mar 7, 2010
Good day to you all ... How will everyone?

I wonder which of the 2 files I download to install and if I flash normally files?

How do I setup?

Thank you!

:confused:

as i see you are s-off so you can't use fake flash method,download the img file (the second one) so u just have to burn the recovery with unrevoked flasher tool, or the android flasher tool both are good and working.
soz i don't have time to search links, i think if u go a little down by pages u will find the android flasher.

konn4312

Nov 3, 2010
Athens
goodmorning to you all.i've tried update through recovery but it didn't do it.it says 2.5.1.2 then the menu for reboot and after reboot still 2.5.0.7

sjgore

Aug 18, 2010
West Yorkshire, UK
goodmorning to you all.i've tried update through recovery but it didn't do it.it says 2.5.1.2 then the menu for reboot and after reboot still 2.5.0.7

I get this too. When I'm actually in recovery the version number is 2.5.1.2, but ROM Manager reports the version number as 2.5.0.7. ROM Manager also says the latest version is still 2.5.0.7. I guess it's ROM Manager that's wrong, rather than the actual recovery.

zamansimba

Feb 18, 2008
help

i did a backup using nandroid on this new recovery and now im in a bootloop...need assistance...

franklinvv

Aug 16, 2009
Eindhoven
Why did you alter the source before you built it? You added your own name to the recovery screen, while I don't see that you changed or added any functionality of the recovery. Your changelog is identical to the github logs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, I thought to open this thread to keep all users updated to all the new release of the ClockworkMod Recovery for our Desire.

Current version: 3.0.0.5
    Old versions:

Changelog:
    • 2011-01-06
      • fix /sd-ext wipe
      • fix android secure formatting
      • Add the volume command for seeing the current recovery.fstab. Support crazy HTC chargemode.
      • Refactor nandroid so the availability of boot backup is determined automatically. Boot backups are also no longer assumes to be on raw partitions, as they may be on a VFAT partition or someting different, such as in the case of Nook.
      • 3.0.0.4. Provide an error message if an Amend zip is provided.
      • readd ext2/ext3 format support.
      • fix executable bit on e2fsck
      • Support for ext2 and ext3 update-binary.

• 2010-12-15
      • fix no select button
      • Added options for an internal SD card to be handled by recovery.
      • Exable uses in BoardConfig.mk:
        BOARD_HAS_SDCARD_INTERNAL := true
        BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERNAL := /dev/block/mmcblk3p1
      • Setting BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_SECONDARY to the same value as
        BOARD_SDCARD_DEVICE_INTERNAL will allow the device to
        "fall back" to the internal SD card for other actions.
      • recovery: Remove condition around get_root_mtd_partition
      • Refactor recovery's block device handling to work across variant hardware in a cleaner fashion.
      • Fix write_raw_image on mtd devices.
      • Fix graphics corruption on some devices. BML restore needs to unlock first.
      • fix up bmlutils some more

• 2010-11-12
      • Supress "warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions" in minui/resources.c and mtdutils/mtdutils.c

• 2010-11-11
      • implement bmlutils
      • fix up implementation of int get_partition_device
      • Modify apply_patch to fail if trying to patch mtd on non-mtd devices.

Warning: Don't make a backup with Amon_Ra's recovery and restore it with ClockworkMod Recovery and vice-versa, you may USB brick your device.
    catturasl.png

Sources available here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

All credits to koush for this recovery, I only compiled them!
    Working ClockWorkModRecovery 2.5.1.8 customized by AlphaRev

I have redone the AlphaRev procedure with new AR1.8 (AlphaRevSite) that have asked me if i wanted the new
    AlphaRev-ClockWorkRecovery 2.5.1.8... obviously... [YES] :D

It has done a correct full backup/restore of all: Boot, recovery, system, data, .android_secure, cache, sd-ext.

"changelog: what i have seen :rolleyes: " CWMR 2.5.0.7 -> AlphaRevCWMR 2.5.1.8

1) New UI color: Little dark blue.

2) Added
    thing:
    -) In Nandroid menù (Backup and restore): [Backup and reboot]
    -) Advanced menù: [Reboot to Fastboot]
    -) Partition sdcard (for create an ext partition): 128M - 256M - 512M - 1024M - 2048M - 4096M
    i haven't tested if ext is 2 or 3 or 4... (i keep my ext4 created with AmonRa 2.0.1)

3) Changed the directory's name of backup: from YYYY-DD-MM.xx.xx.xx to DD.MM.YYYY.xxxx

I add the new AlphaRev 1.8 recovery image ( .IMG zipped in .7Z ) extracted from my nandroid backup, to this post.
    I don't know if it need something from the AlphaRev procedure...
    I only post here the image backup, so don't ask me for any problems caused by flashing this image... ;)

ROM Manager v3.0.0.7 still see version 2.5.0.7, but from recovery mode it's all ok.

MD5: c15276cd2ef73e2aa3e61a2833c5af88 of my File (4.718.592 byte unzipped)

Or the image can also (now) be downloaded from AlphaRev site: http://alpharev.nl/cwmar2518.img
    (3.176.448 byte :confused: on 10-01-2010)

Pay attention: if you want upgrade HBOOT to the new 0.93.1000... (AlphaRevSite)
    Somebody (i also, of course :rolleyes:) have get some trouble... :eek:
    The AlphaRev procedure for upgrade HBOOT is:
    - full backup
    - flash new HBOOT
    - full restore...
    The only safe Backup/Restore for upgrading HBOOT... still is the ClockworkMod 2.5.0.7 :rolleyes:
    One time that it is done, the new ARCWM2.5.1.8 (reflashed) is full working with Backup/restore... ;)
    Easily there is still a little bug somewhere (in restore function)... :rolleyes:
    ook, v3.0.0.5 online.

Have Fun!
    Since there are many people asking for update instruction, would you please include the steps/instructions in the first page?
    Thank you very much. ;)

1.Reboot into the bootloader
    2. fastboot devices---check if your device is detected
    3. fastboot flash recovery <image file name>
    4. Reboot device
    Worked great for me. installed via fastboot.

Guide for those who don't know how to fastboot:

1)Reboot into bootloader by holding Volume down while powering on.
    Connect to computer via usb. You'll see "fastboot usb"
    2)Open adb on your Computer and type:
    fastboot devices
    if you see your device, fine. if not, don't start to worry! Sometimes your device does not show up, but fastboot works anyway.
    3)Next step is flashing the recovery. Download recovery.img and type in adb: fastboot flash recovery path-to-your-recovery (e.g. C:\recovery.img on windows)
    4)Wait for flashing process to end.
    5)When done, reboot your device and boot into recovery to check if it worked.