Adonit jot - the best capacitive stylus in existent

Search This thread

Kryston

Apr 23, 2009
well, houston we have a problem, but hey, also a solution

i got 2 disc, send me 5$ on paypal, provide me a postal address, trust me, and i'll send you one of my disc via regular postal service.

Its not a perfect solution, but it is one i offer you.

Well today, they asked me for my phone number and address, i don't know what they gonna do with it. But i gave them and asked what they will do now. So I'll wait for their answer. If they can't get me the discs, it would be cool, to use your solution. ;-)

I'll let you know, what they gonna do now.

Reactions: Nainconpetant

Xyphoid

Feb 7, 2008
I bought the Jot Pro and had the skipping problem.
I ordered two disks from Adonit ($18 with shipping!!). The disks did not solve the problem, so after a couple of mails, they said I could send my Jot Pro back, so they could send me a new one. I then already told them I used toothpaste and was planning to use conductive grease.

After I found out the high shipping costs for the pen, I decided not to send it anymore.

Adonit then offered me to send me two more replacement disks, because I was forced to use the conductive grease.

Now that is some service. Haven't received the disks yet, but I think they will arrive soon.

Fortigurn

Jul 1, 2010
Taipei
adonit.net
Good work to you and the Team Jon..... Nice one. :)

Thanks. :D

Well i tried this, but the problem is i bought my "pen" on ebay, so i have no order number....

Well today, they asked me for my phone number and address, i don't know what they gonna do with it. But i gave them and asked what they will do now. So I'll wait for their answer. If they can't get me the discs, it would be cool, to use your solution. ;-)

We're sending you two replacement discs free of charge. :)

After I found out the high shipping costs for the pen, I decided not to send it anymore.

We are actually happy to reimburse you US$15 of the shipping cost, if you ever want the Jot replaced. :)

Adonit then offered me to send me two more replacement disks, because I was forced to use the conductive grease.

Now that is some service. Haven't received the disks yet, but I think they will arrive soon.

Thanks, they should arrive soon. :)

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010

I don't agree. If adonit was really serious about making its customers happy, they'd beam it directly to you so you can have it instantly instead of making you wait for it in the mail.

The trekkie in me just came out. Can't you tell?

hoan999999

Mar 30, 2011
Hanoi
er, my Jot's disk is skipping and began to fell off when I'm not expecting ... so finding it after it has come off is like looking for contact lenses... any of you guys suggest anything that can help me or should I just mail Adonit for replacement disks?

I'm in the Southeast Asia region :D

Kryston

Apr 23, 2009

We're sending you two replacement discs free of charge. :)

Yep, true, can't wait to have them, i want to use my adonit =)

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec

My first jot came in with a scratch, i had to pay to send the pen back but they refund me the shipping cost, so its up to you.

We are actually happy to reimburse you US$15 of the shipping cost, if you ever want the Jot replaced. :)

Following my previous statement, i remember i paid 21$ canadian to send the pen, and they refund every single penny in my paypal account. Actually i should say they rounded the amount, but paypal takes a little in the process, so at the end it was fair to all

er, my Jot's disk is skipping and began to fell off when I'm not expecting ... so finding it after it has come off is like looking for contact lenses... any of you guys suggest anything that can help me or should I just mail Adonit for replacement disks?

As we state in many previous post its up to you.

Write to help@adonit.com, provide ur order number and they will send you 2 replacement disc at no cost

That is what i did, then i also bough the conductive grease to maximise the response of my jot and i am more than happy today with the result.

So, do as you want.

hoan999999

Mar 30, 2011
Hanoi
As we state in many previous post its up to you.

Write to help@adonit.com, provide ur order number and they will send you 2 replacement disc at no cost

That is what i did, then i also bough the conductive grease to maximise the response of my jot and i am more than happy today with the result.

So, do as you want.

eBay-ordered, I have no order nr. Is there another option for me?

hoan999999

Mar 30, 2011
Hanoi
I've just submitted my request... maybe I should hang tight & check the mails once in awhile.

On another topic: Have any of you guys used gel-based shampoo with your Jots!?

Apr 14, 2011
So recently I had bought a classic jot from adonit. Man this thing was awesome. For the time I had it, it didn't skip and worked wonderfully for me. Their customer service was awesome too. (I had some questions before buying the jot, and they emailed me back in under 20 minutes and answered all of my questions).
However now it seems i have lost my stylus. I haven't been able to find it and I'm afraid it's gone forever.
I'd love to buy another one, but i just don't think i can shell out another $20 for a second one right now :/

Nainconpetant

Oct 22, 2011
Terrebonne, Quebec
So recently I had bought a classic jot from adonit. Man this thing was awesome. For the time I had it, it didn't skip and worked wonderfully for me. Their customer service was awesome too. (I had some questions before buying the jot, and they emailed me back in under 20 minutes and answered all of my questions).
However now it seems i have lost my stylus. I haven't been able to find it and I'm afraid it's gone forever.
I'd love to buy another one, but i just don't think i can shell out another $20 for a second one right now :/

Then search better to find it.....

Its a wonderfull story but i dont think that they will send you one for free :rolleyes:

Sorry i couldnt resist to add this little ironic touch :D

Fortigurn

Jul 1, 2010
Taipei
adonit.net
??? Looking at site and I can't tell.

* Jot Classic: 5 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches; 0.8 ounces
* Jot Pro: 5 x 0.4 x 0.4 inches; 0.8 ounces
* Jot Mini: 4.1 x 0.3 x 0.3 inches; 0.5 ounces

The main difference between the Jot Classic and Jot Pro is that the Jot Pro has a magnet and rubber grip; the difference between these two regular sized Jots and the Jot Mini is the grooved "clip" and the size not only of the length of the stylus but also the replacement discs.

The size of the Jot Mini is suitable for regular usage with a tablet, but even more appropriate for capacitive touch screen phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anything, this thread is a perfect demonstration why I'd rather shoot myself in the head than do anything with sales.
    I highly recommend it. It is by far the best one out there. Way better than the new dagi p602. It's incredible. I'm amazed how much better it is than everything else I have tried.

Added by edit 3/17/2012

A lot of people have been asking about the conductive grease. The following is the one I use and it works great. Also cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-OX-100B-Anti-Oxidant-Compound/dp/B000BODU66/ref=pd_sim_e_16

You can also find conductive grease at local hardware stores, like home depot. Just ask an associate. I think you can get one as cheap as like $1.75.
    Should have gotten an ipad.

How is that relevant and or helpful?

Yes because i wanted to pay more for half the horse power half the functionality and have ios5 which looks like a said Chinese copy of honeycomb.

Are you serious?...............twat

Any help on my actual question is appreciated thanks :)
    Just never mind. Go with the typical fat-ass rubber tip. Or even better. Go get an ipad.

Yes, this has to be the right answer on my stupid and probably pretty complicated question...
    skipping issues solved

So i've bought both the adonit jot classic and the new jot pro. Both of them started skipping a few days after i got them, this is on my tf101.
    I sent adonit support an email and they've been nice enough to send replacement disks for both the pens. Didn't solve anything...
    I was just about to give up and move on, then i found this great app that changes touch screen sensitivity. The trial version is available on google play here: TouchScreenTune.
    There are different versions for galaxy note, s2, etc.
    The trial thing means it won't remember settings after you turn the screen off and back on. It isn't really that big of a deal, so just stick to trial, because the way to purchase the full version is kinda sketchy... the dev wants you to send him money via paypal, and he'll send an email with the reg code.
    Anyway, it solves skipping and makes the stylus way more precise, even without using capacitive paste on the tip of the stylus.
    Hope this helps anyone who's annoyed with the pen, also adonit ;)

--
    Remember to press the thanks button if i helped.