[6 May '11 Inc. SCRIPT] Xperia X10 3G+ enhancement - It's here !

Search This thread

vj1

Jun 29, 2011
AirTel, Calcutta, India ( Mobile Office )

Name of the APN=airtelgprs.com

*Test (facultative)*
Location of test= Calcutta, India
Network icon (G, E, 3G, H ?)= E
Number of bars (out of 4)= 4
Result before mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 58, 58, not able to check..
Result after mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 90,68, 847

*build.prop specs*

ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Does this works on Samsung galaxy Ace S5830..

scribbclubber

May 14, 2009
vacoas
sorry for noob question but these line already in build.prop

ro.ril.hsxpa=*
ro.ril.enable.dtm=*
ro.ril.gprsclass=*
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=*
ro.ril.enable.a53=*
ro.ril.hsupa.category=*

do i need to add all of the line in it ?? if yes, should it be at the top bottom of the build.prop ??

sorry for noob question but these line already in build.prop

ro.ril.hsxpa=*
ro.ril.enable.dtm=*
ro.ril.gprsclass=*
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=*
ro.ril.enable.a53=*
ro.ril.hsupa.category=*

do i need to add all of the line in it ?? if yes, should it be at the top bottom of the build.prop ??

Sorry for long answer !
If you have the lines you don't need to add them again (no matter where the lines are placed, afaik it's a sequential reading). You can edit the values if you can find better ones ; look on the forum or compare your values with GSMArena specs (for instance).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** Please read this post BEFORE asking !!! **
    ** Please check the carrier list below BEFORE asking "what about my country?" !!! If your carrier is not in the list, noone tried before so you have to test by yourself**

** i am not responsible if your phone breaks, crashes, kills itself or boots into Apple's iOS. I'm also not responsible if you have extra fees by using/connecting to APNs/quotas, etc not in your provider data plan !!!!

>> Video tutorial here(Thanks to BluechipJ !)

>> Windows ADB script - Very easy use ! - [DEPRECATED - UPDATES ARE IN MY BUILD.PROP WORKTOOL] (Link below)

Hi all,

Thanks to this thread, we now know we can easily tweak GPRS/3G/3G+ by adding few lines into the file /system/build.prop.

We are few testing this, and results are great : we get about 3 times better connection than the unmodded phone. It is supposed to work also perfectly on Arc, x10 mini, x10 mini pro, x8 and any Android powered phone (from 1.6 [maybe even below] to 2.3+).

All you have to do, is to add these lines to your /system/build.prop (so your phone needs root to edit the file !) :

ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

Once you edited the file (you can do this with Root Explorer), just reboot and see results, for example testing with Market's app Speedtest. Some say you have to reboot 2 or 3 times before it works.
    You must reboot at least once.

Noticeable values :
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1 >> A value to check if your connection drops after mod (boolean value, type "0" to turn off)
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10 >> GSM Arena says it's a CLASS 10 GPRS/EDGE device, so do not put 12 or higher (it will work, but drains battery : same, useless)
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8 >> This is the highest value the x10 hardware can handle (3G is hardware limited to category 8 [7.2 Mbit/s])
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1 >> A value to check if your connection drops after mod (boolean value, type "0" to turn off)
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5 >> Category 5 (2.00 Mbit/s) is the highest the x10 can support (according to GSM Arena).

Check the highest values the X10 hardware can support : GSM Arena

If the tweak does not show real difference in results, check this :
    - Does your carrier support fast bandwidth ? Try to get press notes, user reviews, etc etc, you'll know what is the global bandwidth and the covered areas.
    - Does your carrier plan allows you to get high speed ?
    - Does your carrier provide a dedicated APN for Full Internet ? Make sure you're using it, and you're not using the low-bandwith APN (usually named WAP, it will provide 3G/HDSPA but with limited bandwidth).
    - Any mystake in what you've added to build.prop ?

In the below post you'll get a list of working parameters, I need you to complete it !
    It is needed to help everyone :)
    You can drop a message here, please respect this template :

Code:
    *General*
    Carrier=
    Name of the APN=

*Test (facultative)*
    Location of test=
    Network icon (G, E, 3G, H ?)=
    Number of bars (out of 4)=
    Result before mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 
    Result after mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 

*build.prop specs*
    ro.ril.hep=
    ro.ril.hsxpa=
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=
    ro.ril.gprsclass=
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=
    ro.ril.enable.a53=
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=

INFO :
    1. Putting high values is somewhat useless because the x10i can (officially) handle maximum 7.2Mbps download (HSDPA category 8) -- but of course you can try higher ;) ^^

2. Higher the values are, higher the cellular chip is used, so higher is your battery drain ! Make sure you're not using very high values not even handled by your carrier. Try to add the closest values of what your carrier can handle : you will get high performance and lower battery consumption :)

3. Need APN settings ? Check this thread !!!

4. Parameters explanation

EASY SCRIPT - UPDATE : USE V1.2 (prefered !)
    I created this script you can run from Windows. Extract the archive anywhere, just make sure all the files are always in the same folder. Simply connect your phone (USB), enable Debug, and make sure you have all drivers installed.
    This script will take your build.prop and allows you to past where you want correct parameters (Full tweak, or tweak without some strings known to bug on several networks). It also includes :
    - Build.prop backup creator/manager
    - adb.exe included in archive
    - Very easy access to your build.prop
    - Allows pull and push, manages also permissions
    - Doesn't modify anything without you - Assisted paste system
    - Funny colours.

v1.1 = added error detection...

v1.2 = MAJOR - Added automated installation, few fixes. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT ON ANY ANDROID POWERED DEVICE.

IMPORTANT : NOW THE UPDATED TWEAK COMES WITH MY build.prop Worktool for Windows - Please download it to get latest release, with convenient interface, much better performance, etc etc.
    The scripts below are now deprecated and here only for reference.
    AT&T some improvement

*General*
    Carrier=ATT
    Name of the APN=wap.cingular (there is a isp, Broadband and a Blackberry dot cingular variant, but they are supposed to be for PC data or tether plans and a number of sites suggest that I could be charged extra if I use those)

*Test (facultative)*
    Location of test= Northern NJ
    Network icon (G, E, 3G, H ?)=H
    Number of bars (out of 4)=4 (signal strength -79dB)
    Result before mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 2378-2644, 1659-1672, 140-999
    Result after mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 2820-3110, 1142-1647, 141-1339

*build.prop specs*
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    #ro.ril.enable.dtm=
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    #ro.ril.enable.a53=
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

I am using SE ROM 2.1 baseband 2.046 build 2.0.A.0.504 (the generic LAM)

When the settings for DTM and a53 encryption were used the speed was half of my normal speeds and very jerky. Even with a bad 1339 ping the d/u was 2841/1142 and still smooth.

While this is just into the 3mb range that an iphone does around here, I think there is some improvement with this change and I have never gotten 3mb except on wifi. I do not know if I have a 'enhanced' tower yet or not but there are TONS of iphones, blackberry and AT&T approved HSPA+ devices around here. And using Speednet you never know how busy the servers are. I used 3 different servers within 30mi to test. As comparison here's engadget's tests for verizon and att iphones: http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/02/verizon-iphone-review/ about a 1/3rd of the way down.
    *General*
    Carrier=Orange UK
    Name of the APN=orangeinternet

*Test (facultative)*
    Location of test=NE62, UK
    Network icon (G, E, 3G, H ?)=H
    Number of bars (out of 4)=3
    Result before mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 932,153,118
    Result after mod (download [kbps], upload [kbps], ping [ms])= 1743,449,187

*build.prop specs*
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    ro.ril.enable.a53=1
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5
    AT&T Big improvement

*General*
    Carrier= AT&T
    Name of the APN=wap.cingular

*Test (facultative)*
    Location of test= East Texas
    Network icon (G, E, 3G, H ?)= H
    Number of bars (out of 4)= 4 (-81dBm)
    Result before mod (download [kbps=2098], upload [kbps=1295], ping [ms=178])=
    Result after mod (download [kbps=[B]3562[/B]], upload [kbps=[B]1300[/B]], ping [ms=190])=

*build.prop specs*
    ro.ril.hep=1
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.enable.dtm=0 (with "1" I had the same problem as post #7)
    ro.ril.gprsclass=10 (Tried "12" first & still got better results of D=2895/U=1304/Ping=204, but with "10" I got the above result.)
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=8
    ro.ril.enable.a53=0 (with "1" I had the same problem as post #7)
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=5

VERY happy with my results. Lowering my "gprsclass from 12 to 10, not only FURTHER increased my speed, but will save a little more battery over the "12" setting.

Thanks! Got to love XDA!