So long and thanks for all the lulz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tommoose

Nov 15, 2010
Consett
all the very best to you sir and i hope you enjoy your new phone, but dont be a stranger and pay us a visit every now and then. quite a few of us are locked into this phone for a while longer so it'll me nice to see you and see how you're doing

tom

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
I switched to a new phone, but I'm still here. Why? Because the forums for my new one are boring, and the play forums are more active.

He may do the same. After all, after learning about such a pain in the ass device, wouldn't you want to utilize all that knowledge and time spent?

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
the endless stream of "how do I play PSP games on my Xperia Play.... what do you mean no, but my friend said it works like that!" crowd?

I was thinking more of the "which ROM is better" and the "I just rooted, what do I do now" folks, but yeah! Them too!

Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
First of all, thanks for all the good wishes :) I need to wait until the following week because I live in the frigging butt of the world, but I hope it'll come ASAP. However, I don't think I'll be coming frequently to this forum, just the same as I left the Darky forum when I bought my Play. In order to keep up with the novelties I think it's necessary to keep the device in your hand, just to envision how they will affect you... and geek out about them.

What I'd like to learn now is the internals. So far I've been making guides and stuff which doesn't need more knowledge than that which comes with experience and keeping a structured pattern of thought, but now I want to create my own content, like themes or whole ROMs. Plus, some day I would like to find (or found) a project to make mobile computing, and especially content creation and tweaking, more approachable to women.

There are circa 5 billion mobile phones in the world, and it's probable that they'll surpass the number of human beings in 5-10 years. Plus, it's not just a thing of geeks in the Western World: mobile phones have millions of uses in places where nothing else could be available. I recommend you the blog (Communities Dominate Brands), twitter feed (@tomiahonen) and books of the mobile analyst Tomi Ahonen, to give you ideas on how mobile phones have changed our world, and how they could still change it.

Knowing that, I don't think it's much guesswork to think that operating and maintaining a mobile phone will be a mandatory skill wherever you are, even in places where being able to read and write is not. And therefore, content creation and tweaking your phone is empowering, in the same way of writing literature. However, so far, creating content for the guts of phones and tweaking them has only been a realm of males with few exceptions, just like literature (and most arts) was dominated by men until the 20th century. Once women were empowered to write literature freely, we discovered a whole new world of possibilties, ideas and conceptions. I think that giving (more) women the possibility to develop their own content and deploy their own visions will improve our mobile phones similarly.

So, I think initiatives should be undertaken in order to do that. And one of them will be mine, once I get to figure out what's the best idea.

Reactions: UndisputedGuy

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
First of all, thanks for all the good wishes :) I need to wait until the following week because I live in the frigging butt of the world, but I hope it'll come ASAP. However, I don't think I'll be coming frequently to this forum, just the same as I left the Darky forum when I bought my Play. In order to keep up with the novelties I think it's necessary to keep the device in your hand, just to envision how they will affect you... and geek out about them.

What I'd like to learn now is the internals. So far I've been making guides and stuff which doesn't need more knowledge than that which comes with experience and keeping a structured pattern of thought, but now I want to create my own content, like themes or whole ROMs. Plus, some day I would like to find (or found) a project to make mobile computing, and especially content creation and tweaking, more approachable to women.

There are circa 5 billion mobile phones in the world, and it's probable that they'll surpass the number of human beings in 5-10 years. Plus, it's not just a thing of geeks in the Western World: mobile phones have millions of uses in places where nothing else could be available. I recommend you the blog (Communities Dominate Brands), twitter feed (@tomiahonen) and books of the mobile analyst Tomi Ahonen, to give you ideas on how mobile phones have changed our world, and how they could still change it.

Knowing that, I don't think it's much guesswork to think that operating and maintaining a mobile phone will be a mandatory skill wherever you are, even in places where being able to read and write is not. And therefore, content creation and tweaking your phone is empowering, in the same way of writing literature. However, so far, creating content for the guts of phones and tweaking them has only been a realm of males with few exceptions, just like literature (and most arts) was dominated by men until the 20th century. Once women were empowered to write literature freely, we discovered a whole new world of possibilties, ideas and conceptions. I think that giving (more) women the possibility to develop their own content and deploy their own visions will improve our mobile phones similarly.

So, I think initiatives should be undertaken in order to do that. And one of them will be mine, once I get to figure out what's the best idea.

Wait, are you a woman? Your username (or at least how I pronounced it in my head) lead me to believe otherwise.

I do agree with you. We could use a woman's touch in the dev department.

Roms tailored for women by women would be a big hit. Maybe I could actually convince my sister to try something other than stock on her cappy :p

Edit: NVM after a quick google search of your username I realised you're a guy.

Last edited:

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
I'm not a woman (you can check any of my social profiles to see my real name and stuff), but I'm a staunch feminist. It should take a shorter time to integrate women in the craft of mobile content creation than it took for them to be empowered enough to write books, paint or create art on their own. This field doesn't need a woman's touch, it needs women grabbing it by its balls, like Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley,Virginia Woolf or Françoise Segan did in literature.

L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

We'll miss you my friend. Xperia Play forums is the best device forum on XDA, and it has benefited greatly from your knowledge.

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
I have a feeling no matter what phone he has he will still come and view these ones from time to time

azreezalazrul@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2012
putra permai
good luck mike,for me I never and never trading my play,only I'm buy new 1 phone,because now I have take new taste of ics roms,very much much like it,smooth and stable,:thumbup:

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
It's not that hard to make a ROM that is slanted toward women. Just theme it purple and pink, add an app to track menstrual cycles and a map to the closest chocolate store. :D

Sometimes I wish I was born when women still had their place, then I could say things like that. :D

Sent from my R800x using XDA

captain67

May 23, 2011
Aldergrove
When I see comments like that in a technical forum, my first thought is that the guy spends his time here because he's a misogynistic pig who can't get a girlfriend, and has nothing better to do with his time.

Guys who say **** like that are the ones who can't get laid unless they pay for a hooker! Don't even bother trying to argue cause you know it's true. Either that or you pick up a drunk slut at a bar and pick up some bonus herpes as well.

Women should be in the kitchen you say. That's hilarious since the restaurant industry is run primarily by MALE chefs. Aside from the fact that women can use sex appeal to get their way, and often have a higher earning potential than their husbands. Women also usually handle stressful environments better.

If you're better than they are, explain why you're the one who spends most of your life trying to please them and get in their pants, not the other way around.

Don't bother trying to argue with me, you know it's true.

Foreveralone.jpg

Reactions: /ofAllEvil

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
In a perfect world maybe, problem is 75% of women out there love to be treated like crap. How many of you nice guys lost of women to her douche ex boyfriend that treated her like crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trading my Play for a Sensation in a couple of days. I just wanted to thank everyone for the nice time here, and wish you a great time with your Play. I'll surely check out the Xperia Play 2, so maybe some of us will meet again.

Ta ta :)

XPlay-Swype
    It's not that hard to make a ROM that is slanted toward women. Just theme it purple and pink, add an app to track menstrual cycles and a map to the closest chocolate store. :D

Thread has gone far enough OT now. Closed.
    Wow, i never got a goodbye like this when i left :eek: gutted much :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

You left?
    SI82M.png

PD: ¡Suerte!