[App][2.1+] ArmAmp - audio player, all formats, popular playlists, effects, …

Search This thread

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
ArmAmp is an audio player designed to be as easy to use as a desktop application.

Features include:
* Uses FFmpeg for decoding, meaning that it supports almost all audio file formats including mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, real audio (*.ra), windows media audio (*.wma), monkey's audio (*.ape), musepack (*.mpc) and many more.
* Reads playlists: m3u, ram, pls, xspf, asx.
* Plays local files, files shared over Samba, and any web stream including Shoutcast radio stations.
* Built-in file browser with:
- access to audio files on local storage,
- access to audio files on Samba servers,
- bookmarks for easy access to often used folders.
* Gapless playback:
- for audio formats that natively support gapless playback,
- for mp3 option to remove silence.
* Replay gain.
* 10–band equalizer with ability to set exact frequency, width and gain for every band.
* Preamp, postamp.
* Balance.
* Reverb - 5 different parameters can be used to set preferred sound.
* Speed effect.
* Pitch effect.
* Tempo effect.
* Fade in and fade out with configurable time.
* Can be controlled using:
- main window,
- headset and other media buttons (supported actions: play, pause, stop, next, previous),
- buttons in notification area,
- widget (on Android 4.2+ can be placed on lockscreen).
* Last.fm:
- built-in scrobbling (no separate scrobbling app is necessary),
- love track,
- ban track.
* Displays lyrics using LyricWiki.
* Displays Shoutcast/Icecast stream information.
* Bookmarks - single song or whole playlist can be bookmarked.
* Playlist sorting:
- by file name,
- by tags,
- easy manual control.
* Automatic playlists containing favorites or random songs.
* Shuffle - as long as it's possible it will not repeat songs. Also whole playlist can be randomized with similar effect.
* Tags viewer with automatic encoding detection.
* Supports devices with ARM, x86 or MIPS processors.

Download link:
Beta version must be uninstalled before installing this one.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armamp

Ad remover (free only for XDA forum members):
https://sites.google.com/site/sdpowiupowmxoaj/home/NoAds.apk?attredirects=0&d=1

1.png

2.png

Last edited:

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Realme GT Neo 2
impressed with the looks, it is some what different.
still needs improvement in terms of performance and minor UI tweaking.

if this apps is improvised shortly this app will become though competitor for paid music players. good job done developer

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
still needs improvement in terms of performance and minor UI tweaking.

What kind of performance problems are you having? I know that some effects and some parts of UI can be significantly faster. Minor speed improvements can be done also to basic playback, however software decoding will always be slower than hardware. Maybe some day I'll add an option to use also hardware decoding but it will work only for some formats (however the most popular).

Tets42

Oct 31, 2010
Praha
Looks good

Very nice folder based player. I'm impressed. Thank you.
Consider adding actions for tapping and/or long-tapping on songs in playlist, please. And option to hide or retract the menu.

BigJeff

Jun 4, 2011
Stanwood
It's cool to see support for different architectures! Will give this a go and report back, nice work dev.

27s

Oct 27, 2009
Thank you for an audio app like this! I wish it was holo themed, as I am on a AOSP 4.2 build, but works like a charm. I am going to use this for a while, and i will update if I find any bugs or FC's.

Sent from my htc_jewel using Tapatalk 2

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
Consider adding actions for tapping and/or long-tapping on songs in playlist, please.
Currently touching on playlist will select (short), play or start moving selection (long, depending if touched song is selected). Would you like an option to reverse play/select actions or something completely different?

And option to hide or retract the menu.
By menu you mean actions right to playlist (shuffle/repeat/...) or actions above control buttons (add/bookmark/...)?

reversegear

Jul 17, 2011
Amazon Fire TV
Realme GT Neo 2
What kind of performance problems are you having? I know that some effects and some parts of UI can be significantly faster. Minor speed improvements can be done also to basic playback, however software decoding will always be slower than hardware. Maybe some day I'll add an option to use also hardware decoding but it will work only for some formats (however the most popular).

while seeking the audio it takes lots of time and even while skipping to next song also, the play list is not dynamic as per now playing audio, i need to search the now playing song in the big list.
try to implement gapless playback.
tag information is really good if possible tageditor will be use full

twelveteen

Feb 24, 2013
while seeking the audio it takes lots of time and even while skipping to next song also,
There is an option to set buffer size (Menu -> Settings -> Buffer size). With large values there will be noticable delay, too small values may cause problems on slow devices. Try lowering buffer size and see if it helps.

the play list is not dynamic as per now playing audio, i need to search the now playing song in the big list.
It's on todo list. Will be done.

try to implement gapless playback.
There is gapless playback implemented, but it works only for formats that natively support it, for example vorbis (and if ffmpeg supports it, but it almost always does). There are plans to add support to gapless playback for Lame-encoded mp3 with gapless tags, however not in first release.

tag information is really good if possible tageditor will be use full
Also on todo list, but I didn't plan it in first release. I'll reconsider.

Tets42

Oct 31, 2010
Praha
Currently touching on playlist will select (short), play or start moving selection (long, depending if touched song is selected). Would you like an option to reverse play/select actions or something completely different?
You're right. If I hold it long enough it starts to play that particular song. Sorry. In Tiny Player I was using, it was just a short tap to play. Leave it as it is now, please.

By menu you mean actions right to playlist (shuffle/repeat/...) or actions above control buttons (add/bookmark/...)?
The actions on the right (shuffle/repeat/...). I'm sometimes unable to see the names of songs in full (not enough room) and must to switch to landscape mode. Hiding the menu will help a bit.

Thank you.

Mihail_Russian

Nov 14, 2012
Brasov
Tested on my GM( Galaxy Mini S5570) :silly: and everything is working flawlessly until i've loaded the eq presets then the music sounds jerkily :(

Last edited:

ksbhoi

Feb 28, 2013
O-:
Features are good I am looking for such a app, downloading. will share my experience.

Thanks.

Mikey F

May 24, 2011
bristol
www.flawns-pcrepairs.co.uk
Looking really good, great set of options, love the minimal approach to gui, only thing i can think of other than things already discussed is an improved widget with access to main app from widget, cant currently do that?

great work

jdock

Dec 27, 2011
There is gapless playback implemented, but it works only for formats that natively support it, for example vorbis (and if ffmpeg supports it, but it almost always does). There are plans to add support to gapless playback for Lame-encoded mp3 with gapless tags, however not in first release.

Good gapless playback is key to me and I'm still looking for a player that does it well. What I mean by that is dealing with older or poorly-encoded files that do not have the Lame tags to enable it, because we do not always have the luxury of re-encoding our music libraries (and I've found the problems can be especially bad in purchased mp3's).

I made myself a patch for rockbox that does just this, by trimming a limited amount of near-silence from the beginning and end of each track during playback. I'd be ecstatic to find an Android app that did the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ArmAmp is an audio player designed to be as easy to use as a desktop application.

Features include:
    * Uses FFmpeg for decoding, meaning that it supports almost all audio file formats including mp3, ogg vorbis, flac, real audio (*.ra), windows media audio (*.wma), monkey's audio (*.ape), musepack (*.mpc) and many more.
    * Reads playlists: m3u, ram, pls, xspf, asx.
    * Plays local files, files shared over Samba, and any web stream including Shoutcast radio stations.
    * Built-in file browser with:
    - access to audio files on local storage,
    - access to audio files on Samba servers,
    - bookmarks for easy access to often used folders.
    * Gapless playback:
    - for audio formats that natively support gapless playback,
    - for mp3 option to remove silence.
    * Replay gain.
    * 10–band equalizer with ability to set exact frequency, width and gain for every band.
    * Preamp, postamp.
    * Balance.
    * Reverb - 5 different parameters can be used to set preferred sound.
    * Speed effect.
    * Pitch effect.
    * Tempo effect.
    * Fade in and fade out with configurable time.
    * Can be controlled using:
    - main window,
    - headset and other media buttons (supported actions: play, pause, stop, next, previous),
    - buttons in notification area,
    - widget (on Android 4.2+ can be placed on lockscreen).
    * Last.fm:
    - built-in scrobbling (no separate scrobbling app is necessary),
    - love track,
    - ban track.
    * Displays lyrics using LyricWiki.
    * Displays Shoutcast/Icecast stream information.
    * Bookmarks - single song or whole playlist can be bookmarked.
    * Playlist sorting:
    - by file name,
    - by tags,
    - easy manual control.
    * Automatic playlists containing favorites or random songs.
    * Shuffle - as long as it's possible it will not repeat songs. Also whole playlist can be randomized with similar effect.
    * Tags viewer with automatic encoding detection.
    * Supports devices with ARM, x86 or MIPS processors.

Download link:
    Beta version must be uninstalled before installing this one.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.armamp

Ad remover (free only for XDA forum members):
    https://sites.google.com/site/sdpowiupowmxoaj/home/NoAds.apk?attredirects=0&d=1

1.png

2.png
    Hello, can you add a sleep timer function? Set the hour and the minute and after this time the app stops to play and remember the file and time. So i can add a big library (audio book) for sleeping.
    Done. And it took me only a little longer than a year.
    Other changes:
    - added shortcuts to common folders
    - file selection available also from the menu
    - improved compatibility with android 5.0
    - minor widget changes
    - updated dropbox library
    - workarounds for few android bugs

Now in a dialog opened from browser's menu: Folders hopefully SD card folder will be displayed. But in android it's pretty much guessing so if for someone it isn't displayed, please show me the content of /proc/mounts file.
    Update uploaded. Changes:
    - added WebDAV filesystem
    - added playback over https
    - added playback of http streams with multiple redirections
    - track description can be configured
    - widget can be configured
    - notification panel can be configured
    - easier folder selection
    - added an option to play a track after short touch on a playlist
    - additional sort option
    - better integration with android
    - better error reporting for SkyDrive and Google Drive
    - workaround for android bug that may cause rare crashes
    - fixed UI bug in filesystem dialog
    - progress is correctly refreshed in android 4.4
    Update uploaded. Changes:
    - added audiobook mode (for bookmarks and on exit)
    - automatic resampling if sampling rate is not supported by device
    - added ability to set exact values for pitch, speed and tempo
    - with speed/tempo enabled file time not play time is shown
    - fixed cue playlists referencing multiple files
    - better handling of not responding remote hosts
    - remove won't reset paused position
    Update uploaded. Changes since the last official version:
    - added Exit button in notification panel (android >= 4.0, by default disabled)
    - changed behavior of Previous button in shuffle mode
    - network timeouts can be configured
    - improved compatibility with android 6
    - current version of BBM can read currently playing song
    - m3u8 playlist are always read using UTF8 encoding
    - updated LyricWiki API calls
    - connection with Dropbox always via SSL
    - minor UI changes

Additionally, not official, and not really working very well, there is support for some youtube links (audio only). I've not tested it a lot, but it looks like most music only videos don't work and most others work.