[Q] Anywhere to download the samsung stock messaging app??

Search This thread

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
I am currently running a 4.0.4 rom based off of the at&t official 4.0.4. I recently compared phones with my friends samsung galaxy note 2 also running 4.0.4 but the core samsung version, and i love their messaging appearance so much better. its the same, but the background is black, and their speech bubbles are blue and yellow. mine is white with blue and grey bubbles.

anyway to download this version for my messaging app? i am otherwise happy with the way my stock one works.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
anyone got anything at all??

You should be able to change the appearance of the messaging app's speech bubbles and background, by going to the settings section in the messaging app and then under the display options section should be the options for changing background and speech bubble appearance.

Pawprints1986

Mar 26, 2014
You should be able to change the appearance of the messaging app's speech bubbles and background, by going to the settings section in the messaging app and then under the display options section should be the options for changing background and speech bubble appearance.

I dont have any display settings within my messaging app at all besides font size. and the general display settings, nothing applies to messaging except the font style will change in messaging as well.

i dont think i can take it from my friends since its not rooted.

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
I dont have any display settings within my messaging app at all besides font size. and the general display settings, nothing applies to messaging except the font style will change in messaging as well.

i dont think i can take it from my friends since its not rooted.

What I would recommend doing is using ADB on your friends device and using the adb pull command pull the messaging application from his device to your computer, and then install it on your device. The command adb pull /system/app/AppName.apk should get you the app you want.