Softbrick HtcOne Need Someone To Help Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOLVED SOLVED

Search This thread

sdg1980

Aug 21, 2012
Ehhh, i don't have warranty and receipt.
But i have cable for charging. I can use to whip myself 'till next official RUU.

You seem to be exactly in the same boat as I was until yesterday, and I managed to restore my phone to working condition. (Look up my thread in this forum with 'Bootlooping....Android Revolution GPE' in the title box. You will see how I was helped out. You have to follow the instructions carefully).

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
You seem to be exactly in the same boat as I was until yesterday, and I managed to restore my phone to working condition. (Look up my thread in this forum with 'Bootlooping....Android Revolution GPE' in the title box. You will see how I was helped out. You have to follow the instructions carefully).
You couldn't be more wrong. Your problem was easy to solve compared to his. You didn't have "active cmdline overflow" error and you could boot to recovery. But, cudos to you for trying to help

Can't think of a good sig

Reactions: nkk71

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Also that doesn't look like a signed firmware.zip from an OTA, for one thing it's way too big, firmware.zip shouldn't do a FULL-WIPE, and they are actually signed/encrypted, otherwise we could all compile our own firmware.zip to flash even with S-On.

All the OTApkg.zip I have captured contained firmware.zip that had no encryption on them at all. you can open any of then in 7zip without error. Rom.zip pulled from a RUU is a different story

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
All the OTApkg.zip I have captured contained firmware.zip that had no encryption on them at all. you can open any of then in 7zip without error. Rom.zip pulled from a RUU is a different story

True, you can usually extract them using 7zip or WinRAR (but not using Windows Explorer), but they are still signed, for example:

signed firmware.zip (notice the fist 0x100bytes, before the zip identifier [PK]):
515fc6c04ea14a900ee6ee47a4f5ae6b.png

unsigned zip:
8cccf4ead8dda29b57eaefd8398a87d9.png

Also, if you try changing a signed zip using WinRAR (probably the same with 7-zip), you'll get an error; it extracts just fine, but here for example i tried deleting the recovery.img directly in the zip and got an error:
3482b430ae7e5482465668e7c388c9c8.png

Notice how WinRAR identifies it as an SFX ZIP, not a normal ZIP; it's assuming the sfx module is in there.

Reactions: donkeykong1

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
True, you can usually extract them using 7zip or WinRAR (but not using Windows Explorer), but they are still signed, for example:

signed firmware.zip (notice the fist 0x100bytes, before the zip identifier [PK]):
515fc6c04ea14a900ee6ee47a4f5ae6b.png

unsigned zip:
8cccf4ead8dda29b57eaefd8398a87d9.png

Also, if you try changing a signed zip using WinRAR (probably the same with 7-zip), you'll get an error; it extracts just fine, but here for example i tried deleting the recovery.img directly in the zip and got an error:
3482b430ae7e5482465668e7c388c9c8.png

Notice how WinRAR identifies it as an SFX ZIP, not a normal ZIP; it's assuming the sfx module is in there.

Thanks for the explanation. I hope you can help this guy out

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk 4

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
:D :D :cowboy: :victory: :victory:

if you could also edit the main thread title to include [SOLVED] (go to 1st post click EDIT, at the bottom of the edit window click GO ADVANCED, then you can edit the main title), thanks

Reactions: donkeykong1

dowlabordere

Aug 17, 2012
Beograd
After BIG help of nkk71 and teamviewer, he (nkk71) SOLVED my problem. We managed to flash recovery. And there is no active cmdline overflow anymore. I downloaded viperrom and adbpushed it, then checked md5 again and installed the rom without errors. I set up phone, little playing and then restarted phone just to be sure and the phone is working again like few minutes ago. So problem is SOLVED.
I am happy that there are so many people with ability of helping and knowing stuffs. I would like one more to thank nkk71. Big help offered donkeykong1, clsA and others.

At the end thank you all and if you ever need some guy to damage rom, kernel or something else, call me :)))))

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After BIG help of nkk71 and teamviewer, he (nkk71) SOLVED my problem. We managed to flash recovery. And there is no active cmdline overflow anymore. I downloaded viperrom and adbpushed it, then checked md5 again and installed the rom without errors. I set up phone, little playing and then restarted phone just to be sure and the phone is working again like few minutes ago. So problem is SOLVED.
    I am happy that there are so many people with ability of helping and knowing stuffs. I would like one more to thank nkk71. Big help offered donkeykong1, clsA and others.

At the end thank you all and if you ever need some guy to damage rom, kernel or something else, call me :)))))
    Also.. This package is most likely for S-OFF device, as I dont see it being encrypted. As your device is S-ON, I dont' expect it to flash. But try it anyway.
    But how can i achieve it? I flashed but i can not enter.

Your problem is s-on. If you had s-off you could run 1.44 h-boot RUU and your phone would boot just fine. I don't know if you can do anything with s-on. Sorry to be barrer of bad news, but I think you have a brick

Please flash the firmware.zip for the 5.x.401.x

And try to enter stock recovery... See how it goes
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jig0rs5349ljnqm/0ByQah9nMWV-qYWN1d2RxUHAxUFE.bin
    Rename this to recovery and flash it via fastboot. If it works you will be able to flash ROM and boot your phone