[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.0.1 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config]

Search This thread

Siliconstar

Nov 21, 2007
bigdclock.png

Is there a way to change font color for texts?
AM/PM indicator is ok on black background as above, but cannot be read on white.
I tried the parameter COLOR="xxxxxx" but it seems to have no effect.

Bismar

Feb 26, 2009
Just a note, i think i may know why my task manager panel doesn't let me exit it at all with the back arrow, and why all other back arrows eg the shortcut panel goes back to it.

Pretty much i think that both the authors of the task manager panel AND the extra lifestyle panel used the same naming convention, so that not only does the task manager panel override the extra lifestyle panel (if you install the extra lifestyle panel first) it think it’s the original lifestyle panel, and consequently all back arrows link back to it.

Also the uninstall cab file for the extra lifestyle panel does not work. In fact it killed Spb Mobile Shell, and i had to resort to a backup copy of the folder.

You might consider putting this information in the front page Zepiii, as those two mods/tweaks do not work in conjunction......... i think.. 95% sure anyway.

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
Just a note, i think i may know why my task manager panel doesn't let me exit it at all with the back arrow, and why all other back arrows eg the shortcut panel goes back to it.

Pretty much i think that both the authors of the task manager panel AND the extra lifestyle panel used the same naming convention, so that not only does the task manager panel override the extra lifestyle panel (if you install the extra lifestyle panel first) it think it’s the original lifestyle panel, and consequently all back arrows link back to it.

Also the uninstall cab file for the extra lifestyle panel does not work. In fact it killed Spb Mobile Shell, and i had to resort to a backup copy of the folder.

You might consider putting this information in the front page Zepiii, as those two mods/tweaks do not work in conjunction......... i think.. 95% sure anyway.

Other ppl reporting this?

garo_viper

Dec 31, 2008

Other ppl reporting this?

If you add panels to spb carousel they have numbers... default panels have numbers from 0 to 11... if you want to add custom panels you make them with numbers 12, 13, etc. So its normal most "add panel" cabs to write panel with number 12.
I suppose that second lifestyle panel is at number 12....and taskmanager is at the same place and that is what crash your spb shell... But it is normal difrent cab files to have problems with each other

Bismar

Feb 26, 2009
Alright found the problem.

For some reason the taskmanager has a home DWord key in its registry settings. Deleting this key fixes it. I'm not sure if this is the result of installing the extra lifestyle cab before it, or simply a fault in the main program. Seeing as no one else is having this problem, i'll say it’s the earlier.

Also, does anyone know how to get spb mobile shell to stretch the backgrounds after removing the startbar? It seems to leave a width of the startbar at the bottom without the wallpaper, and no changing the size of the wallpaper does NOT fix it.

abumhmmd1

Nov 18, 2006
RIYADH
VGA OMNiA_all Weather iCones

Hi all

I was having problem with va_weather_16 .dat weather file

16_Omn_blk.jpg

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3708426&postcount=557

and after a lot af trying I maneage to have an acceptable results
still not happy with results , still the night is not showing in the daily detailed

OMNiA_all_1a.jpg
OMNiA_all_2a.jpg

OMNiA_all_3a.jpg

but 2dy I decide to shair what I'v reached so far
any coments in solving the night matter is welcomed

ENJOy

Last edited:

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
If you add panels to spb carousel they have numbers... default panels have numbers from 0 to 11... if you want to add custom panels you make them with numbers 12, 13, etc. So its normal most "add panel" cabs to write panel with number 12.
I suppose that second lifestyle panel is at number 12....and taskmanager is at the same place and that is what crash your spb shell... But it is normal difrent cab files to have problems with each other

What happens if you delete one of these? Say, for instance, I didn't want panel #4 and I deleted it from the registry. Would that just delete it from the carousel or would I lose the ability to ever use that screen again through another method? Would it really drop it from the carousel or would there just be a blank "card"?

Thanks for any info on this.

keithdupont

Feb 9, 2008
What happens if you delete one of these? Say, for instance, I didn't want panel #4 and I deleted it from the registry. Would that just delete it from the carousel or would I lose the ability to ever use that screen again through another method? Would it really drop it from the carousel or would there just be a blank "card"?

Thanks for any info on this.

You don't lose the ability to use that panel it only takes it out of carousel view. It does take it completely out. Example

If you didn't want number 4 you could rename it rather than delete it so it would be easy to get it back if you changed your mind. If you rename it to a letter the carousel will not show it. I renamed the ones I did not use to a,b,c, etc. You then have to rename the other so that there is still a numerical sequence 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Hope this helps

Cascade2

Mar 8, 2008
You don't lose the ability to use that panel it only takes it out of carousel view. It does take it completely out. Example

If you didn't want number 4 you could rename it rather than delete it so it would be easy to get it back if you changed your mind. If you rename it to a letter the carousel will not show it. I renamed the ones I did not use to a,b,c, etc. You then have to rename the other so that there is still a numerical sequence 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Hope this helps

Excellent advice! This seems to have worked perfectly. I really appreciate the help.

BTW, any plans to make a version of the clean digital clock from your BB theme for MS3? I want just a simple nice looking digital clock with the date exactly like you have there but haven't found one yet.

rafaelegomezb

Aug 27, 2007
Madrid, Spain
Valid also for Wireless Panel

How to add Task Manager panel in the carousel

It's a very simple registry trick:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\

Add new key -> :TASKMANAGER

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\:TASKMANAGER\

String name - (Default), String - TaskManager
String name - TaskManager, String - Normal

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\

Add new key -> 12

4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\12\

String name - (Default), String - (value not set)
DWORD name - ManageFavs, DWORD Data - 0
String name - Name, String - :TASKMANAGER
String name - Text, String - TaskManager

taskmanagerz.jpg

If you use :WIRELESSMNGR instead of :TASKMANAGER, "Wireless" instead of "Task Manager" and an available sequential number for the panel with, for example 13, then you get the Wireless Manager Panel available.

Attachments

• WirelessPanel.jpg
    WirelessPanel.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 187

daffie

Sep 9, 2005
The Hague
Does anyone know of a hack to remove the Lifestyle tabs althogether? I have no need for it, as I only use the Professional view. Couldn't find the answer in this thread, so I figure there's no way...

Gho57

Dec 12, 2008
If you use :WIRELESSMNGR instead of :TASKMANAGER, "Wireless" instead of "Task Manager" and an available sequential number for the panel with, for example 13, then you get the Wireless Manager Panel available.

doesn't work for me...

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\

Add new key -> :WIRELESSMNGR

2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Layouts\:WIRELESSMNGR\

String name - (Default), String - Wireless
String name - Wireless, String - Normal

3. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\

Add new key -> 13 ( 12 is task manager )

4. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Spb Software Hause 2\Spb Mobile Shell\Now Screen\Panels\13\

String name - (Default), String - (value not set)
DWORD name - ManageFavs, DWORD Data - 0
String name - Name, String - :WIRELESSMNGR
String name - Text, String - Wireless

Mobile Sheell Freeze
:confused:

johneisenheim

Mar 21, 2009
No ToggleStart

Hi!
in my i780 the tricks ToggleStart doesn't run...The exe file is correctly ( ? ) launched, but the bar doesn't disappear...Any Suggestions? Tnx in advance!:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry I know this post is old, but does anyone still have this full screen weather widget? I can't find the download link anywhere :(
    Try looking through the themes in post#6 of this thread. Im not sure whether its in there but its your best shot.

Mark.