Lock screen

Search This thread

bobbyball

Nov 11, 2009
Cambridge
I don't think my lock screen is working correctly. I have is set to no pin or password but once I wake the screen with the power button if I tap anywhere on the screen it unlocks. Previously on Sense you need to drag the lock or an icon into a ring on the screen. Is this how its supposed to happen now?

Reactions: TucanMobile

Acetherockr

I don't think my lock screen is working correctly. I have is set to no pin or password but once I wake the screen with the power button if I tap anywhere on the screen it unlocks. Previously on Sense you need to drag the lock or an icon into a ring on the screen. Is this how its supposed to happen now?

I would go into your sellings > lock screen and see if the quick launch apps are disabled. That's the only thing that comes to mind :fingers-crossed:

Reactions: rAZrApex

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
Xiaomi 13
I can remember watching a video on YouTube about HTC tips and tricks or something and one if the things the guy was showing was the ability to unlock the phone from anywhere in the screen, I actually liked the idea if this however on mine you have to drag the lock item up.

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Here is the video of it, still don't know how he is able to do it, there must be a setting or something on the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsZemJdR48&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Napoleon_PhoneApart

Jun 6, 2010
I can remember watching a video on YouTube about HTC tips and tricks or something and one if the things the guy was showing was the ability to unlock the phone from anywhere in the screen, I actually liked the idea if this however on mine you have to drag the lock item up.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Here is the video of it, still don't know how he is able to do it, there must be a setting or something on the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsZemJdR48&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He said to just swipe up to unlock. It didn't sound as if there was any setting that had to be changed.

hpsauce37

Sep 10, 2010
Xiaomi 13
Well it dose not work that way on mine, I have to grab the lock or one of the shortcuts.

bobbyball

Nov 11, 2009
Cambridge
I've tried all the settings I could find but can't seem to stop it unlocking just by a touch.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

M_Woody

Dec 27, 2008
Manchester
Ive started to think that too.

Have you tried a restore?

Also, try going to a long-ish website on it (or something else that you can scroll through) then just tap once at around the same place as the lock-clock would be, see what happens when you do that.

Last edited:

arzin

Mar 9, 2010
Michigan
Ive started to think that too.

I'm sure it's not your digitizer. It's the settings. This used to happened on my htc hd2 as well sometimes. I don't remember the settings of sense but if you do not find them just restore it to factory settings and it should be fine.

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
The single touch unlock seems to be caused by services activated under the "accessibility settings" (German: "Eingabehilfe"). This concerns Tasker, Lightflow etc. Set these to off and you need to swype to unlock.

You're absolutely right. Thanks for solving this mystery for me.

I received my One today and at some point during the installation of my apps started experiencing the same problem: the lock screen unlocked with a single touch instead of a swipe. Turns out its normal function returns when I switch off all accessibility services.

Which is annoying, because I need those accessibility settings for Tasker and for my Pebble. I wish HTC made this a separate option instead of assuming that as soon as you activate one accessibility option, you must be physically unable to move your thumb accross the screen... :-/

It's not just that the lock screen doesn't really lock anymore; in the "productivity" setup, I can't swipe beyond the first calendar entry because it disappears at the first touch. I really hope HTC fixes this in an update soon.

Last edited:

nozobe

Apr 27, 2013
You're absolutely right. Thanks for solving this mystery for me.

I received my One today and at some point during the installation of my apps started experiencing the same problem: the lock screen unlocked with a single touch instead of a swipe. Turns out its normal function returns when I switch off all accessibility services.

Which is annoying, because I need those accessibility settings for Tasker and for my Pebble. I wish HTC made this a separate option instead of assuming that as soon as you activate one accessibility option, you must be physically unable to move your thumb accross the screen... :-/

It's not just that the lock screen doesn't really lock anymore; in the "productivity" setup, I can't swipe beyond the first calendar entry because it disappears at the first touch. I really hope HTC fixes this in an update soon.

I am having the same problem. This issue occurs also when you have to turn Accessibility Service on for apps like "Notify me" etc. The lockscreen unlocks with every single touch...

Does someone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
I've opened a support ticket yesterday on htc.com and described the issue. Haven't heard back from them yet, but it's weekend of course.

Maybe if we all contact support they'll become aware of the issue and we'll get a solution sooner?

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com
Got a reply today:

Thank you for your email regarding your HTC device. Unfortunately we dont know what 3rd party apps will do to the phone and therefore we cant support 3rd party apps. If you dont like the fact that your screen can be unlocked by a single touch i would advise you to remove the 3rd party app(s) or talk to the developer of those apps. If you have any further questions you can reply to this email.

So I wrote back:

Hello,

I wouldn't say those third party apps are responsible. They require accessibility services for certain features, but they do not in themselves affect the lock screen behaviour.

I believe it is the HTC Sense software that automatically (and unnecessarily) sets the lock screen to open at a single touch when any accessibility setting is used. I understand this issue cannot be solved at the moment, but I do hope a future update will introduce the option for the user to choose the lock screen behaviour himself.

Edit: A new reply arrived:

We dont have a current solution for this but i am sure there will be a update in the future to solve this.

Last edited:

gsusx

Apr 7, 2011
What kind of customer support is that

The bloke is basically washing his f*cking hands of it, what a joke.

This is p1ss poor it really is.... might have to see if there's another possible lockscreen i can use, i wouldnt mind so much but if my phone rings in my pocket its game over, picks it up without me even getting a chance to answer it

Nightmare

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

A part solution is widget locker ...... not as pretty as stock lock screen but at least functional whilst you have this problem ....

still looking for a solution for when i recieve calls.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

This is p1ss poor it really is.... might have to see if there's another possible lockscreen i can use, i wouldnt mind so much but if my phone rings in my pocket its game over, picks it up without me even getting a chance to answer it

Nightmare

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

A part solution is widget locker ...... not as pretty as stock lock screen but at least functional whilst you have this problem ....

still looking for a solution for when i recieve calls.

and back again

Tiny call confirm is your friend. Puts a lock on the screen, tap it then answer, works like a dream

I know all this is a pain in the backside, but in the meantime it's an answer to the problems we're facing at the moment

Robrecht

Apr 5, 2005
Antwerpen
www.dropbox.com

Basically, yeah...

Thanks for the tips -- didn't know about the second one yet.

I'm a bit surprised there aren't more people reporting this problem. A lot of forum users here must be using Tasker, I can imagine, and have its accessibility service enabled, and therefore must experience the same lock screen defect. It's the only thing that really bothers me about this phone (apart from the fact that Zoe is practically unusable with Dropbox auto upload).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The single touch unlock seems to be caused by services activated under the "accessibility settings" (German: "Eingabehilfe"). This concerns Tasker, Lightflow etc. Set these to off and you need to swype to unlock.

I would go into your sellings > lock screen and see if the quick launch apps are disabled. That's the only thing that comes to mind :fingers-crossed: