What are some stable KitKat Roms?

Search This thread

jasondhsd

Jul 13, 2012
OK so my last thread got closed because the mods didn't want it turning into a 'this is the best' fight. So I'm not asking that, I simply want to know what KitKat Roms are available that are stable builds, looking in the development forum all I see are nightly Roms and I don't want to be installing updates every day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

twistedillutions

Mar 7, 2013
OK so my last thread got closed because the mods didn't want it turning into a 'this is the best' fight. So I'm not asking that, I simply want to know what KitKat Roms are available that are stable builds, looking in the development forum all I see are nightly Roms and I don't want to be installing updates every day.

From my understanding they all on nightly. At least i haven't seen one thread posted as STABLE. And ive tried different Kk roms. And for some ppl wasn't stable and for others was a DD worthy. I suggest reading them post to see wat catches ur eye. I know thats not the answer u want. But front me thats the best i can give. Try LS Beanstalk SOKP SlimKat Gummi.

Hypera

Nov 2, 2010
You do not have to install nightly roms everyday. If one nightly is running "smoothly," leave it alone for a short bit until there some major bug fix, new features added, etc., or when rom starting to act up.

The only one I've seen so far that's claimed to be "Stable" is SlimKat: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2400577. Actually it looks like they just released a new stable version yesterday for our phone, Build 5.

I agree with this about slim. It's a very stable ROM. There are however, alternatives. I'd suggest you try a few and see which ROM's have the best combination of features and stability for you. I've been a huge fan of slim for quite some time now, but recently, I've been running Nameless ROM. I've ran a nightly from the first of the month, and since then have had only one instance where the phone randomly rebooted. In fact, that's the only time I've rebooted it. LOL. For me it has the features I'm looking for without having to resort to using the Xposed framework. I have nothing against Xposed, it's always worked great for me, but I just prefer to have features baked in if at all possible.

I'm sure there's a ton of other good roms too, many people like Gummy, Beanstalk, Paranoid, PACMAN (can't think of the exact name), and GideonX's builds of various roms (check them out at droidhype.net), liquid, Carbon, and other's are nice too. Many have too many featues for me, and some have not enough or lack what I'm looking for.

So again, Try a few and see what YOU like. That's the best answer I can give. I doubt that many are "stable", but they've been stable enough for me. As I mentioned with Nameless, they're not labeled as stable, and nightlies are just that, nightlies, but you'll find that most nightlies are "stable"

landshark68

Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Also, what others consider stable may not be what you consider stable as that standard can be very subjective.

Sent from the Shark Tank using XDA Premium 4 mobile app