Did i root alright?

Search This thread

CallOfHonor100

Oct 19, 2012
Hi! Its been a while!
So i unrooted my phone a while ago but then i was bored so i decided to root it again!
I re-installed all the drivers, uninstall htc sync, and decided to root it via revolutionary method!
I entered the beta key and it finally said SUCCESS! It asked me to flash recovery and i types Y (yes) but it said failed to flash!
But then i noticed in the bootloader screen that nothing was changed. It didnt say REVOLUTIONARY in pink like it used to say before! There was S-OFF written but no revolutionary!
I decided to try to root it again! The same thing happened! It said SUCCESS but no REVOLUTIONARY written on top of the bootloader screen!

Then i decided to flash the recovery manually. I tried the fastboot method but when i entered the command it said:
READING
WRITING failed (remote: not allowed)
what is this? does this mean im not rooted.
But then i successfully flashed recovery via PC49IMG method and flashed a ROM without any problems!
I just want to ask is it okay if REVOLUTIONARY is not written on top of the bootloader screen?

Thnx in advance! =)

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
Hi! Its been a while!
So i unrooted my phone a while ago but then i was bored so i decided to root it again!
I re-installed all the drivers, uninstall htc sync, and decided to root it via revolutionary method!
I entered the beta key and it finally said SUCCESS! It asked me to flash recovery and i types Y (yes) but it said failed to flash!
But then i noticed in the bootloader screen that nothing was changed. It didnt say REVOLUTIONARY in pink like it used to say before! There was S-OFF written but no revolutionary!
I decided to try to root it again! The same thing happened! It said SUCCESS but no REVOLUTIONARY written on top of the bootloader screen!

Then i decided to flash the recovery manually. I tried the fastboot method but when i entered the command it said:
READING
WRITING failed (remote: not allowed)
what is this? does this mean im not rooted.
But then i successfully flashed recovery via PC49IMG method and flashed a ROM without any problems!
I just want to ask is it okay if REVOLUTIONARY is not written on top of the bootloader screen?

Thnx in advance! =)

Its very strange to see. What is your hboot version at the moment? As long as you don't upgrade or downgrade your hboot s-off should stick, but you won't have access to the fastboot commands without the hacked hboot :)
Interesting case :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

CallOfHonor100

Oct 19, 2012
Its very strange to see. What is your hboot version at the moment? As long as you don't upgrade or downgrade your hboot s-off should stick, but you won't have access to the fastboot commands without the hacked hboot :)
Interesting case :)

This is what is written on a bootloader screen:

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 1.01.0001
RADIO - 3.35.20.10

What do you think?

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
This is what is written on a bootloader screen:

BUZZ PVT SHIP S-OFF
HBOOT - 1.01.0001
RADIO - 3.35.20.10

What do you think?

All should be well pal, just ask long as you don't upgrade your bootloader you should be fine. You wont have access to fastboot commands though, but its not an issue :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CallOfHonor100

Oct 19, 2012
All should be well pal, just ask long as you don't upgrade your bootloader you should be fine. You wont have access to fastboot commands though, but its not an issue :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No....all is not well sadly! I've tested this 'unrevolutionized' rooted phone with 3 ROMs and noticed that the apps keeps on force closing on its own! Also, the battery life turns SOOOO CRAPPY that my phone turns into plug-and-play! =(
And once I unroot my phone, it works COMPLETELY fine!
So probably there is something im doing wrong! Any ideas?

heavy_metal_man

Nov 6, 2011
No....all is not well sadly! I've tested this 'unrevolutionized' rooted phone with 3 ROMs and noticed that the apps keeps on force closing on its own! Also, the battery life turns SOOOO CRAPPY that my phone turns into plug-and-play! =(
And once I unroot my phone, it works COMPLETELY fine!
So probably there is something im doing wrong! Any ideas?

Hmmm. It could be how the revolutionary exploit is done, I'm not sure what process they use and it could leave the stock hboot damaged I suppose. Not sure if I'm honest pal. Good to hear that a return to stock has has helped though!