[GUIDE] [ROOT] Rooting methods for Lenovo P2 (P2a42)

Search This thread

kiselina777

Jan 31, 2017
Method 2: Kingo Root
This Method is NOT working on Lenovo p2 P2A42 ... root failed message!!! Still searching method to ROOT without ulocking the bootloader

Reactions: Colosseo

kiselina777

Jan 31, 2017
Yes it`s kingo root - not king root!! Downloaded from official site : kingoapp.com . I tried windows and android kingo root - and always recive root failed message ....
Tried many times - restarting phone and tried again ... same root faild ....

Colosseo

May 21, 2015
Milano
Yes it`s kingo root - not king root!! Downloaded from official site : kingoapp.com . I tried windows and android kingo root - and always recive root failed message ....
Tried many times - restarting phone and tried again ... same root faild ....

Thanks, I've updated the main post, waiting to test another method (https://www.xda-developers.com/root/) and to get a dedicated P2 section on XDA...

Reactions: kiselina777

shadders

Aug 5, 2010
Method 2: Kingo Root
This Method is NOT working on Lenovo p2 P2A42 ... root failed message!!! Still searching method to ROOT without ulocking the bootloader

Hi kiselina777, I too am searching for a root method that doesn't require unlocking the bootloader (most because of the 14 day wait), have you had any luck in finding one?

D

Deleted member 5568424

Does anyone tried these methods already? Any update on that?

leonardo091800

Jan 14, 2018
I had a problem

I've tried the first way:
unlock the bootlader (and wait 14 days)
get adb
flash TWRP
put the SuperSU .zip file, found here supersu.com/download, in the normal memory (i don't have a sdcard)
open the recovery, that now is TWRP recovery, search the supersu .zip file that i previously put in my phone and click install
reboot the phone
and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, I've done it so many times, reflashing the recovery, installing SuperSU from the play store before installing from the phone, but whenever i enter the SuperSU app it says "no root found".
Even if TWRP recovery said "installed succesfully" my phone still doesn't have the root privileges, did I miss any passage?

EDIT
I've tried with me.phh.superuser.apk, found in the xda developer instead of the SuperSU official site, and using the superuser256.zip found in the same site (xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73667960&postcount=5).

Work perfectly
Thanks medwatt !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

refedit

Oct 18, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I had a problem

I've tried the first way:
unlock the bootlader (and wait 14 days)
get adb
flash TWRP
put the SuperSU .zip file, found here supersu.com/download, in the normal memory (i don't have a sdcard)
open the recovery, that now is TWRP recovery, search the supersu .zip file that i previously put in my phone and click install
reboot the phone
and NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, I've done it so many times, reflashing the recovery, installing SuperSU from the play store before installing from the phone, but whenever i enter the SuperSU app it says "no root found".
Even if TWRP recovery said "installed succesfully" my phone still doesn't have the root privileges, did I miss any passage?

EDIT
I've tried with me.phh.superuser.apk, found in the xda developer instead of the SuperSU official site, and using the superuser256.zip found in the same site (xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=73667960&postcount=5).

Work perfectly
Thanks medwatt !!!!!!!!!!!

I activated OEM but after countdown started, 2 days later the server is down and since no news.
Did you root after waiting 14 days or before the countdown ended?

best regards

Reactions: Colosseo

pankaj69

Apr 17, 2020
Is their any way to root my device without unlocking bootloader
Or any way to unlock bootloader without oem unclocking enabled,bcause i can't unable to enable my oem unclocking
Plz help guys

Top Liked Posts