[Q] AOSP Vs Custom Roms

Search This thread

Mouzai

Jun 23, 2014
Hi Guys,

I recently rooted my note 3 SM-N9005 version 4.4.2 with kernel 3.4.0-1703205 and got a few questions which I hope you guys can help me with.

1) By installing AOSP or Custom Roms, will Knox be tripped by default? If yes, are there ways to avoid this for different AOSP or Customs Roms?
2) After installing either AOSP or Custom Roms, can I still install launchers on top of it? Will there be any problems running both simultaneously?
3) Do I need to restore back all the bloatware and back it up as original before proceeding to install either AOSP or Custom Roms or I can just proceed to install?
4) What is the main difference between AOSP & Custom Roms other then size differences? Which is better for note 3 in an overall view?
5) Currently which of the AOSP or Custom Roms are tops or best for note 3, should I'm looking more into performance of my device? ( batt life, speed etc. )

Cheers and Thanks in advance!!!

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
1. Yes, as you have the N9005.
2. You can install launchers on stock ROM
3. No
4. In this case, AOSP will be a custom ROM as well as it is not stock. If you mean what's the difference between AOSP and TW, it means you get the stock Google experience and lose all of Samsung's bloat and some useful features such as S Note and the S Pen apps (S Pen still works but not Screen Write or Action Memo).
5. AOSP imo - C-RoM. Note 3 TW - X-Note. Note 3 and S5 - S5 port by fahadali.

Mouzai

Jun 23, 2014
1. Yes, as you have the N9005.
2. You can install launchers on stock ROM
3. No
4. In this case, AOSP will be a custom ROM as well as it is not stock. If you mean what's the difference between AOSP and TW, it means you get the stock Google experience and lose all of Samsung's bloat and some useful features such as S Note and the S Pen apps (S Pen still works but not Screen Write or Action Memo).
5. AOSP imo - C-RoM. Note 3 TW - X-Note. Note 3 and S5 - S5 port by fahadali.

Hi Nicholaschum,

Thanks for the reply & clarification.