Samsung Galaxy Note/GT-N7000 WIKI -Please Help To Update-

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
I have removed the links to the Thor kernels, these are not GPL compliant and should not be shared on XDA developers.

Please ensure anything that is added is allowed on XDA.

plsoft

Dec 28, 2011
The wiki says MMC_CAP_ERASE has been removed from DXLR2's stock kernel. Is this true? I thought samsung hasn't done anything about this so far.

The wiki says MMC_CAP_ERASE has been removed from DXLR2's stock kernel. Is this true? I thought samsung hasn't done anything about this so far.
This table was made by Andrew0811. Chasmodo wrote in his kernel thread yesterday that there are more mistakes in this table. So I think the content of the Wiki kernel table isn't checked or confirmed by other members - whereas the kernel thread is uptodate.

In the table line the link with the DXLR goes to Dr. Ketans stock kernel infos with a lot of kernels.

And see Chainfire's warnings in "CF-Root v5.6 has been released !".
So the above entry is really wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: plsoft

plsoft

Dec 28, 2011
This table was made by Andrew0811. Chasmodo wrote in his kernel thread yesterday that there are more mistakes in this table. So I think the content of the Wiki kernel table isn't checked or confirmed by other members - whereas the kernel thread is uptodate.

In the table line the link with the DXLR goes to Dr. Ketans stock kernel infos with a lot of kernels.

And see Chainfire's warnings in "CF-Root v5.6 has been released !".
So the above entry is really wrong.

Thanks for the clarification.

EQUANCY

Jul 2, 2006
Chipset:

CPU: Exynos Dual-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A9
GPU: Mali-400MP

I think it is better like that because Exynos is name of the SoC not CPU.

Chipset/SoC (System On Chip):
Samsung Exynos 4210
CPU : 1.4 ghz dual Core ARM Cortex-A9 with NEON
GPU : Mali-400MP (Quad)
DSP Unit

And following information also incorrect:
( "Video out: Not Known" ) - No it is well known.
Yes via MHL -> HDMI 1.3 adapter up to 1080p.

I could also be wrong, sorry for that :)

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Franco kernel removed as it has been discontinued and causes problems with newer ROMs

jazztrucker

Feb 18, 2009
Hi all,
Just a quick note (pardon the pun)
I am on a o2 2 year contract with my o2 provided o2 gt-n7000 network locked, i just rang o2 customer services and asked them if they could unlock the phone for me as i wish to use a turkcel sim whilst in northern cyprus, no problem she said, i should recieve the txt message to say my phone is unlocked within a few days, sorted.
You have to make sure your o2 sim stays in phone till unlock is in place, seems o2 will unlock your phone free of charge for no reason whatever so give them a try before spending money or trying anyone else first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

:D:):cool:

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Hi all,
Just a quick note (pardon the pun)
I am on a o2 2 year contract with my o2 provided o2 gt-n7000 network locked, i just rang o2 customer services and asked them if they could unlock the phone for me as i wish to use a turkcel sim whilst in northern cyprus, no problem she said, i should recieve the txt message to say my phone is unlocked within a few days, sorted.
You have to make sure your o2 sim stays in phone till unlock is in place, seems o2 will unlock your phone free of charge for no reason whatever so give them a try before spending money or trying anyone else first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

:D:):cool:

Any reason why you posted this in the wiki thread?:confused:

Immortal Nerd

May 12, 2012
ngp
Gl Notecore kernel is v14.2 !!

the latest gl notecore v is 14.2 and not 14.1 !!! Correct it :) Btw gr8 work to keep every 1 up to date about device !!

is there any way how i could root my n7000 running the indian version of 4.1.2 ?
please !
The wiki thread isn't the place where I would post a question - not many people get lost here.

You can root a stock Rom simply by using PhilZ kernel. I used the latest XXLSZ version for rooting DDLSC (India) - in PhilZ thread it's the XXLSZ-OXA version

Reactions: rohan.thota
Useless

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

No, the wiki wasn't useless - only problem: it isn't used very much when you are in a forum. The integration isn't really good and so it is sleepy. I updated Roms and another member Kernels for some time - but after threads in the forum were made that had the identical content (but not nearly the possibilities of the tables in wikis) it didn't make sense to update anymore - nobody got lost there.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi all

I have created the Galaxy Note Wiki. I find that if they are updated, they can be a great source of information to all. Please help to keep it updated, as it helps out note newbies and cuts down on them opening new threads in the forum.

This helps to keep the clutter down on the main forum, so makes it easier for us all!

Please update it with any thing you feel is valid. I will leave this thread open to discuss Wiki issues.

Hope its useful

Your friendly Note Moderation Team:)
    Dirty micro usb connector

Might want to keep this one handy. It's shown up on multiple discussion
    groups. "phantom" USB connections. Device will think it is connecting,
    disconnecting. If it isn't a damaged USB port, it might just be contaminated.
    Found photos of a clean & dirty port.

USB1.jpg

After hitting it with a can of air to remove the dust/debris, I found a green
    substance, shaded here in red, of contamination of the pins 4 & 5, which
    according to the microusb wiki, is used for ID and or cable connection to
    alert a device of a cable being connected.

USB2.jpg

Pulled the battery, dipped a LINT FREE cloth in alcohol, cleaned it, let it
    dry, then hit it again with a blast of canned air, now it looks like this!

USB3.jpg

Not one issue since Monday.
    linux-os section contribution

I'd like to contribute a section in the wiki on linux-os-only tools and guides. See my post in:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1533741

Is this or interest ?
    Great Wiki. Just cleaning up a few details on the specs. The compass is a magnetometer, its the software that interprets the data and gives compass readings. the magnetometer can be used for many other applications. I removed reference to 'Gorilla Glass' Samsung sometime ago, confessed that the branded Gorilla glass was not used in the GTN7k, but Samsungs own 'version' of it.

Maybe I'm being pedantic but I know there are people who do not want a compass, but they do want a magnetometer. Couple of universities are carrying out experiments with smartphone mags. Hence my being pedantic.

....and just to repeat...Great Wiki.....:D

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

....Also, I would like to add a short piece under the 'Tips section' about using the 'note with HDMI. Is there any particular way to do this, or just type away?..;)

Its best to start a thread with the advice (if one does not already exist), and then add a link to it in the wiki.

Peace!
    Is there a guide on how to deodex Note's stock Samsung ROM? I did a few search in the Wiki, can't find much info that is related to Note.

As far as i am aware, no. Have you searched the main note forum?

My note has issues like over heating, constantly my ram goes above 600 and sometimes it is even above 700.
    Battery life is around 5 hours max if i use more than 2-3 apps at a time.
    Should i sell my phone?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

The Ram situation is normal, it is the way android operates, there are many threads about this in multiple forums.

As for the battery use, try downloading a battery monitor app from the market, i would imagine you have a rouge app thats eating your battery.

I dont quite think its time to sell up yet:rolleyes:

Questions are best posted in the Q&A section, you would probably of got a faster response there.

Peace!