RAM Overclock

Search This thread

csfrank271

Sep 12, 2012
Would it be possible to over clock the RAM on our device? I know it's possible to underclock, we have seen that with the app 'Tegra Overclock' but what about over clocking?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Omario-242

Feb 18, 2011
Munich
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Would it be possible to over clock the RAM on our device? I know it's possible to underclock, we have seen that with the app 'Tegra Overclock' but what about over clocking?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Why would you overclock the ram? I see no reason for it as we have 1 GB Ram and that's enough for almost every daily task. This would only make sense for testing purposes I think.

Besides that I never saw anything to overclock the ram (because most of the times the CPU is the real "problem" of lag).

Sent from my LG Optimus 4X HD

Last edited:

csfrank271

Sep 12, 2012
Why would you overclock the ram? I see no reason for it as we have 1 GB Ram and that's enough for almost every daily task. This would only make sense for testing purposes I think.

Besides that I never saw anything to overclock the ram (because most of the times the CPU is the real "problem" of lag).

To speed up the rate at which the memory is accessed, thus slightly reducing lag, it's more an issue of quality over quantity because, as you put it, 1GB is enough for almost every daily task.
I just think that, for a system which needs to manage memory in such a dynamic fashion, an increased clock speed would be highly beneficial, and if it were only slight, I doubt there would be issues with overheating and battery consumption. :)

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to question whether it is possible and how?; not to question the necessity of it.
Thank you anyway for your reply though Omario, much appreciated :)

Reactions: Omario-242

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To speed up the rate at which the memory is accessed, thus slightly reducing lag, it's more an issue of quality over quantity because, as you put it, 1GB is enough for almost every daily task.
    I just think that, for a system which needs to manage memory in such a dynamic fashion, an increased clock speed would be highly beneficial, and if it were only slight, I doubt there would be issues with overheating and battery consumption. :)

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to question whether it is possible and how?; not to question the necessity of it.
    Thank you anyway for your reply though Omario, much appreciated :)