Newest Update Drains Battery - Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

omaral

Feb 12, 2014
Ever since installing the newest update from tmobile, I've been experiencing big batery drain. How do I fix this?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Backup, factory reset, start clean. If still an issue the first thing youll be asked for is a Better Battery Stats log.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jottle

Dec 22, 2010
Backup, factory reset, start clean. If still an issue the first thing youll be asked for is a Better Battery Stats log.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I've been experiencing disappointing battery life since the android 4.3 update last month on my non-LTE t-mo galaxy s3. I know there's been a lot of discussion and advice by t-mo reps on various forums, but it simply isn't accurate. The party line is "something you installed on your phone is causing increased battery drain after the 4.3 update." However, my partner and I have two identical T-mo galaxy S3's. We have entirely different sets of apps installed on our phones. As soon as we installed the 4.3 update, both of our phones started to drain rapidly faster than before the update. On 4.2 our phones would last to 50% by the end of the day (~8pm) with light to moderate use. Now they're at ~20% by the end of the day, and I can see my battery levels drop faster just while using the phone. This is totally unacceptable. I've downloaded battery monitoring apps, and no apps I've installed are draining the battery, it's the system and kernel that take up most of the cpu. People are saying it's the touchwiz additions that are causing the system to use up more cpu cycles. I refuse to do a factory reset because there's so many reports of this not doing anything. There's clearly a bug in the 4.3 update for the SG3, unless it's touchwiz as everyone seems to indicate. How can I check to see if something is causing too many lock wakes?

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
As Stated Above, perform factory reset Or provide overnight Idle BetterBatteryStats log.

Last edited:

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Bbs logs? And if you refuse to factory reset then theres probably not a lot anyone can do to help you. Just make a nandroid backup first. As I just pointed out to someone else devs are always updating apps for compatibility with new versions. You may have old incompatible data or apps left over.
But if you refuse to factory reset you are in for what could be a very long and tedious troubleshooting process.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
The vast majority of people end up solving lots of problems by factory resetting. And ill remind you that you came to us for help, but since you are unwilling to consider my advice I will just have to wish you luck and let you solve it on your own since you already seem to know what all works and what doesn't.
(Quick tip: even if you disagree with what they say, if someone else does decide to try and help you, a little politeness and appreciation for their time will take you much further than you got with me)

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
I had posted a need to see an Idle BBS Log. Haven't see that. So if you are unwilling to provide one, I wish you Good Luck and happy Journey.

omaral

Feb 12, 2014
The vast majority of people end up solving lots of problems by factory resetting. And ill remind you that you came to us for help, but since you are unwilling to consider my advice I will just have to wish you luck and let you solve it on your own since you already seem to know what all works and what doesn't.
(Quick tip: even if you disagree with what they say, if someone else does decide to try and help you, a little politeness and appreciation for their time will take you much further than you got with me)

MODERATOR EDITED/COLOR]

Many people solve their problems with factory reseting. But I have tried this and it did not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stryke_the_Orc

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 14, 2010
Maras Dantia
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
I believe this thread has run its course. Help was asked for and offered, those offering help asked for simple things to properly be able to help and were met with rude, unscrupulous behavior. This thread is closed and cleaned, and OP, I seriously hope you get your issues worked out, but moreover I hope you learn to appreciate the help proffered.

Reactions: Perseus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I believe this thread has run its course. Help was asked for and offered, those offering help asked for simple things to properly be able to help and were met with rude, unscrupulous behavior. This thread is closed and cleaned, and OP, I seriously hope you get your issues worked out, but moreover I hope you learn to appreciate the help proffered.