[Q] Only LTE mode

Search This thread

qucharski

Mar 29, 2010
Bristol
Hi how can i turn only lte mode on my unbranded g900f? Ive been trying different codes for service menu none of them were working. Anyone knows?

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
Hi how can i turn only lte mode on my unbranded g900f? Ive been trying different codes for service menu none of them were working.

It's hard to imagine a good reason for doing this. LTE is a power hungry mode and you'd end up with no service when 3G was available but LTE was not. Nevertheless you can set the band preference to LTE in the service mode menu. I don't believe that there is any explicit setting to set LTE exclusively unless you leave your phone in test mode, locked on one channel, which would have substantial drawbacks.

You could look into apps that claim to do what you want. I don't know how effective they might actually be.

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Hi how can i turn only lte mode on my unbranded g900f? Ive been trying different codes for service menu none of them were working. Anyone knows?

LTE / 4G isn't always available so you would actually be without a data connection when it drops out of range, be it for bandwidth restrictions on the network side or simply bad coverage, dropping down to a heightened H+ or even 3G would mean a consistent connection instead of actually just losing your network.

Not a great idea i'm afraid.

Leaving it on a switch is the best method.