[THEME] [Stock 2.1] Detox Desire for Incredible

Search This thread

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
UPDATE 2.1:
Fixes PowerWidget

UPDATE:

1. updated the theme to match Cubanaso's new 1.3 update.
  2. Modified sense apps to match theme. (I applied the same changes in Cubanaso's Detox Desire v1.3 apps to the stock DInc apps)
  3. Fixed some graphics I forgot to change in the first one. For example the notification tray is now properly themed.
  4. Fonts taken from Detox Desire v1.3 (included in new zip) (If you don't like them from the look of the screenshots, just delete /system/fonts/ from the zip)
  5. Does not include Services.jar from 1.3 update. (When time permits... gotta learn how.. Busy... If anyone else wants to give it a shot, go for it)
  6. I still can't change that USB icon or the VZW backup icon.

All credit goes to Cubanaso for the images used and the original design.

Original Theme:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=709038

Screens: (using xinvert theme for weather and toggle widget for the clock)

2ly3529.jpg
xehdmu.jpg

53nrqx.jpg
25thxqa.jpg

sewymu.jpg

Install:
To install, first download the zip file and place it at the root of your sdcard. Select "apply zip from sdcard" within recovery and then select that zip.

Download:

V2.1 - http://bit.ly/dincdetox OR http://bit.ly/dncdetx2

If you know the location of the usb icon or notice one of the numerous things I probably forgot to change let me know.

And thanks to Cubanaso and XDA community.

Last edited:

cubanaso

Jun 5, 2008
Miramar, FL
Good stuff, nice to see it made its way here. Your more than welcome to use it. Keep on eye on the nexus thread iam always trying to put out new themes for sense.

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
Thanks Cubanoso. Yeah I'll have to check out some nexus themes. Should be relatively the same process as converting Desire to DInc I assume. My thought process is why make a new theme when there are so many incredible themes out there already? :D

The problem with converting themes is that its difficult to tell if everything is working considering I don't have the other phones to view the themes on :p

intenselyinsane: I appreciate the help, but I was able to change the icons you mentioned. The problem icon is the one that appears in the top left of your phone when you plug it into your computer. If you know where to find that one, please let me know.

Last edited:

parkson

May 10, 2010
Greenville, SC
how would one modify parts of the theme? namely the power control widget - one of the few blemishes I've found in this fantastic theme. thanks for sharing

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
Updated first post with a new version of the theme.

This is directed mainly at cubanaso, but does anyone know how services.jar works, or even what it does :p. I'd like to include whatever this file modification changes but I don't know how or where to start.

Parkson: The power control widget doesn't work right, I know, but I think maybe the changes cubanaso made to 1.3 fixes this.

EDIT: nevermind. You'd have to ask cubanaso. If you fix it please let me know.

Last edited:

RLKirk

Sep 27, 2008
Knoxville
any way to make the lockscreen bar white with black letters instead of black with white letters and match the white on the clock to the rest of the theme?i love this theme by the way, thxs for porting it!!!

zalez

Oct 19, 2009
So far loving this. Thanks for the hard work both of you guys have put in to this. My only suggestions, the white font is kinda hard to read on the gray background. Maybe change the color to a dark gray. Also the transparent notification tray, Can the bottom of the tray be a little bigger to cover up the launcher underneath?

Thanks again for your hard work guys :)

Edit:
Just noticed that the android Power Control widget skin shows as a white box now

Last edited:

starscream84

Jun 5, 2010
Phx
First post!!!!!

Just wanted to say amazing job!!!! This looks awesome, now I just need to find a white case to complete the look. Keep up the great work!!!!

kingnerd

Jun 4, 2010
I put the Droid X framework's .apk into this detox theme, and you can get it here:

mediafire.com/?z2vyzvgtztn

Screenshot of the notification bar/tray:

grab.by/grabs/a52e911977e9bf115a62ff210e5b85d7.png

Can I please get confirmed? I'd love to post links :)

Edit - Here's one w/ no custom fonts: mediafire.com/?gmydjlymcgj

Last edited:

hajabooja

Nov 23, 2007
I put the Droid X framework's .apk into this detox theme, and you can get it here:

mediafire.com/?z2vyzvgtztn

Screenshot of the notification bar/tray:

grab.by/grabs/a52e911977e9bf115a62ff210e5b85d7.png

Can I please get confirmed? I'd love to post links :)

Edit - Here's one w/ no custom fonts: mediafire.com/?gmydjlymcgj
Looks great guys! Nice job to the both of you!

jonnybueno

Jan 26, 2009
50th
Updated first post with a new version of the theme.

This is directed mainly at cubanaso, but does anyone know how services.jar works, or even what it does :p. I'd like to include whatever this file modification changes but I don't know how or where to start.

Parkson: The power control widget doesn't work right, I know, but I think maybe the changes cubanaso made to 1.3 fixes this.

EDIT: nevermind. You'd have to ask cubanaso. If you fix it please let me know.

Services.jar controls the text color for time on the notification bar. To edit it, you'll need to deodex services.jar and possibly everything else in /system/framework. You'll also need smali and baksmali. Quick search on xda should point you in the right direction. I'll try to find a link when I can get to my computer.

Edit: Here you go http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=549309

Last edited:

Captchunk

Oct 5, 2008
Phoenix
Usb Icon

If you know the location of the usb icon or notice one of the numerous things I probably forgot to change let me know.

I hope this is what you are looking for, if not I apologize but I dug through the original theme posted by Cubanaso and the usb icon (attached) is in the zip file at:

\system\framework\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\ic_dialog_usb.png

Hope this helps

Attachments

• ic_dialog_usb.png
    ic_dialog_usb.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 367

kingnerd

Jun 4, 2010
If you already flashed the custom fonts and want default fonts, just remove the fonts from the fonts directory that gets pushed to system. If anyone wants to do this, let me know and I'll write a list of commands usable from within Clockwork. Cheers!

cubanaso

Jun 5, 2008
Miramar, FL
The services.jar as far as i know is particular to each rom, dont quote me on that because iam not sure. Were you ever able to use it? As far as the power widget goes, I did fix that in the latest update. That widget is directly connected to the app png file found in the htc resources ( its the small white square in the first row of images) and the settings.apk. Iam back and forth between a few themes iam working on so just check my thread from time to time or pm me and ill try and help you.

- Also cant believe you guys havent jumped on the black and red theme i have, lol...only seems logical cause you guys are rocking the incredible, lol

Sep 26, 2009
I really like this theme a lot; thanks to all of you!

I've searched for quite a while now.. Does anybody know where to get the wallpaper show in the screenshots in the first post to this thread? The white metal with the little dots.

Am I missing something obvious?

Metallice

Jun 24, 2010
CaptChuck: Thanks, I appreciate it. Unfortunately that icon has already been changed, but it does not change what appears when you plug in your DInc.

MichaelGraham: I'd like to know were that wallpaper is also.

JonnyBueno: Thanks! Sounds like a lot of work. :(

Cubanaso: Thanks. could you be a little mor specific about where the square is? I'm having trouble finding a white square in your settings that different from within the stock DInc one. I'm not sure if i have the time to get to services.jar however. :( I would love to port your black and red theme, but i think jonnybueno for the most part already ported it?

Kingnerd: Did you drop the entire droidx framework in the the theme? What are the visible changes from the regular stock and detox framework apk? I don't like that it changes the top bar back to black, thinking I might have to take the tray bar from that and put it in this theme... Like it better. Thanks for posting it.

Last edited:

kingnerd

Jun 4, 2010
CaptChuck: Thanks, I appreciate it. Unfortunately that icon has already been changed, but it does not change what appears when you plug in your DInc.

MichaelGraham: I'd like to know were that wallpaper is also.

JonnyBueno: Thanks! Sounds like a lot of work. :(

Cubanaso: Thanks. could you be a little mor specific about where the square is? I'm having trouble finding a white square in your settings that different from within the stock DInc one. I'm not sure if i have the time to get to services.jar however. :( I would love to port your black and red theme, but i think jonnybueno for the most part already ported it?

Kingnerd: Did you drop the entire droidx framework in the the theme? What are the visible changes from the regular stock and detox framework apk? I don't like that it changes the top bar back to black, thinking I might have to take the tray bar from that and put it in this theme... Like it better. Thanks for posting it.

Yep, it's the entire framework... I much prefer the black taskbar, etc. from the Droid X theme and I was actually using it prior as well. I like the browser, lockscreen, and other application tweaks from Detox though, so I figured I'd combine the two.