[MOD] iOS 12.1 emojis; EmojiOne 4.0 emojis

Search This thread

W@@!3Z

Sep 18, 2015
Johannesburg
Hey Guys, If you enjoy any of the fonts in this thread hit that Thanks! button and maybe consider donating to keep this project alive . Thank you. :D
paypal.me/Waaiez

Note:
  • To the developers who use these fonts please give the correct credits and link this thread
  • When sharing my work please direct people to this thread instead of posting direct download links
  • There are separate instructions for Samsung devices as well as separate links, please ensure you use the correct download links
  • The module uploaded to the Magisk repo will not work on Samsung devices

Instructions:
Manual:
1. Back up existing NotoColorEmoji.ttf from /system/fonts
2. Download your preferred font and extract the zip
3. Navigate to /system/fonts in the extracted zip and copy the NotoColorEmoji.ttf file
4. Navigate to /system/fonts on your device and paste the file you just copied
5. Change the permissions to rw-r-r (0644) and reboot your device
6. Enjoy your new emojis

Magisk:
NOTE:
This requires Magisk 17+

iOS Emojis module has been uploaded to the Magisk repo. You can now download my module directly from Magisk and install it.
2. Download your preferred font and reboot to TWRP
3. Click "Install" and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the file and select it
4. After selecting, slide to install and wait for the install to complete then reboot your device
5. Enjoy your new emojis

Samsung Instructions:
Manual:
1. Back up existing SamsungColorEmoji.ttf from /system/fonts
2. Download your preferred font from the Samsung section and extract the zip
3. Navigate to /system/fonts in the extracted zip and copy the NotoColorEmoji.ttf file
6. Enjoy your new emojis

Magisk:
NOTE:
This requires Magisk 17+

2. Download your preferred font from the Samsung section and reboot to TWRP
3. Click "Install" and navigate to the directory where you downloaded the file and select it
4. After selecting, slide to install and wait for the install to complete then reboot your device
5. Enjoy your new emojis

DOWNLOAD LINKS MOVED TO THE 2ND POST.

Changelog:
iOS:
  • Version 1 - Release (iOS 12.1 Beta 2)
  • Version 1.1 - Added Magisk support
EmojiOne:
  • Version 1 - Release (EmojiOne 4.0)

Notice:
No Copyright intended.
I Am not the owner of the Apple or Emojione emojis. I have just combined them and created a .ttf file which works on Android.

Device tested on:
Huawei P9 Lite 2016 running Android 7 Nougat

Credits:
  • vxbakerxv for uploading the AppleColorEmoji.ttc file from iOS 12.1 Beta 2
  • @insan.waq3y1 for linking me to the reddit thread

Last edited:

W@@!3Z

Sep 18, 2015
Johannesburg
Last edited:

insan.waq3y1

Dec 31, 2016
[emoji1360][emoji1360][emoji1360]

but I think magisk module it is very important this days

Last edited:

keon1

Jul 31, 2017
Toronto
TWRP does not work when flashing the zip files. Trying manual way now and will edit this to report.

Edit: Working good in my Samsung Galaxy S5 running Pie.
:cowboy:

Last edited:

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
One question though .... It's not really the iOS 12 emoji because I compared them with original and it's actually Samsung emoji with new ones added correct ?

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
It is actual iOS 12.1 emojis. I extracted all the pngs from AppleColorEmoji.ttc which has all the emojis for iOS devices and I built a font file which works on Android.[/QUOT

???????????????? Those are not iOS correct me if I'm wrong ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181014-163111_XDA.jpg
    Screenshot_20181014-163111_XDA.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 535

W@@!3Z

Sep 18, 2015
Johannesburg
It is actual iOS 12.1 emojis. I extracted all the pngs from AppleColorEmoji.ttc which has all the emojis for iOS devices and I built a font file which works on Android.[/QUOT

???????????????? Those are not iOS correct me if I'm wrong ?

https://emojipedia.org/face-with-thermometer/
Scroll down and it shows you how different OEMs have implemented it, first one is Apple and clicking on it tells you it was first introduced in iOS 9.1

https://emojipedia.org/grinning-face-with-one-large-and-one-small-eye/
Again scrolling will show you how different OEMs implemented it and the first one on the list is Apple. Clicking on it shows you it was first implemented in iOS 11.1

As I said, I extracted all the pngs from the Apple font. All the emojis included in my iOS 12.1 emoji font are from the iOS 12.1 beta 2 file.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
It is actual iOS 12.1 emojis. I extracted all the pngs from AppleColorEmoji.ttc which has all the emojis for iOS devices and I built a font file which works on Android.

Okay but then it doesn't work for me because I compared them with the Samsung ones and they are still the same I've tried both ways with magisk and with TWRP I'm using Gboard should I perform wipe dalvik and cache ?

W@@!3Z

Sep 18, 2015
Johannesburg
Okay but then it doesn't work for me because I compared them with the Samsung ones and they are still the same I've tried both ways with magisk and with TWRP I'm using Gboard should I perform wipe dalvik and cache ?

As far as I know Samsung uses SamsungColorEmoji.ttf for it's emojis, in my first post I have included instructions for Samsung devices as well as a separate download section.

Here's the link in case you missed it:
iOS 12.1 Beta 2 Emoji

I will update the thread to be more clear.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
As far as I know Samsung uses SamsungColorEmoji.ttf for it's emojis, in my first post I have included instructions for Samsung devices as well as a separate download section.

iOS 12.1 Beta 2 Emoji

Yep thanks my fault I've had picked the wrong file now all is perfect thank you ???

ogisha

May 24, 2012
Hi W@@!3Z,
Could you please make version with iOS 12.1 emojis and Google Sans as Roboto replacement, for people on Nougat- and people with no Google Sans as default font.

Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys, If you enjoy any of the fonts in this thread hit that Thanks! button and maybe consider donating to keep this project alive . Thank you. :D
    paypal.me/Waaiez

Note:
    • To the developers who use these fonts please give the correct credits and link this thread
    • When sharing my work please direct people to this thread instead of posting direct download links
    • There are separate instructions for Samsung devices as well as separate links, please ensure you use the correct download links
    • The module uploaded to the Magisk repo will not work on Samsung devices

Instructions:
    Manual:
    2. Download your preferred font and extract the zip
    6. Enjoy your new emojis

Magisk:
    NOTE:
    This requires Magisk 17+

iOS Emojis module has been uploaded to the Magisk repo. You can now download my module directly from Magisk and install it.
    2. Download your preferred font and reboot to TWRP
    5. Enjoy your new emojis

Samsung Instructions:
    Manual:
    2. Download your preferred font from the Samsung section and extract the zip
    6. Enjoy your new emojis

Magisk:
    NOTE:
    This requires Magisk 17+

2. Download your preferred font from the Samsung section and reboot to TWRP
    5. Enjoy your new emojis

DOWNLOAD LINKS MOVED TO THE 2ND POST.

Changelog:
    iOS:
    • Version 1 - Release (iOS 12.1 Beta 2)
    EmojiOne:
    • Version 1 - Release (EmojiOne 4.0)

Notice:
    No Copyright intended.
    I Am not the owner of the Apple or Emojione emojis. I have just combined them and created a .ttf file which works on Android.

Device tested on:
    Huawei P9 Lite 2016 running Android 7 Nougat

Credits:
    • vxbakerxv for uploading the AppleColorEmoji.ttc file from iOS 12.1 Beta 2
    • @insan.waq3y1 for linking me to the reddit thread
    Thread Update

In my free time I have been working to solve the issues people are having with these font files. At first there were only two groups of users who were affected by the issues in these fonts:
    1. Users using an Android version lower than Android 6
    2. Non-rooted users trying to apply the font

Since then I think I have found the issue to users using an Android version lower than Android 6 and I have managed to fix most of the issues faced by non-rooted users. However trying to fix these issues meant I had to move to a hybrid combination to build these font files and this brought its own issues.

Issues fixed:
    • Mostly fixed iOS 12 emojis not displaying (an issue that was cause by the hybrid building)
    • Fixed spacing issue for non rooted users (might affect rooted users but if it does i'll release the main files for rooted users here and create a separate thread for non-rooted users with their respective fixes)
    • Fixed the number issue for non-rooted users (shouldn't affect rooted users)
    • (I think) Fixed an issue where users using anything lower than Android 6 faced problems (If users are still facing an issue I will probably create another thread and post the fix there)

Issues left to fix:
    • Fix an issue where some emojis are not appearing (I have managed to mostly fix the issue where iOS 12 emojis were not displaying when I used my new building method)
    • Fix Skin Colour selector on gboard (works fine on Swiftkey)
    • Fix an issue where you are not able able to select the gender of emojis (both gboard and swiftkey)
    • There might be an issue with flags (will test further)

There is no ETA as to if/when I will release these fixes. If I decide to continue and release then the font files should be updated to the latest iOS 12 emojis and emojione 4.5.
    If I choose to discontinue this project entirely I might decide to create a guide on how I created these font files and fixes I used so that any person wishing to continue into the future can benefit from the knowledge I gained doing this.
    Downloads:
    Android:
    Mega links:

Mediafire links[mirror]:

Samsung:
    Mega links:

Mediafire links[mirror]:

Future projects:
    • Twemoji (Twitter Emoji)
    • Android P Emojis
    • Samsung Pie Emojis
    Thread updated

• the iOS 12.1 emoji file has been upload to the Magisk repo. You can now download the module through your Magisk app and install it.

iOS 12.1 Beta 2 Emoji