[ROM][4.1.2][3.1] Slim Bean (T959) [All Languages][Final]

Search This thread

prbassplayer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Mayagüez
SlimBeanOP.png
Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
  2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
  3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
  4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
For installation instructions please check here
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the source code.

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Thank you for another option to our forum Krarvind :)
I was a big fan of SlimICS, and I'm sure this will be just as great, if not better!

pintek

May 10, 2011
half on topic half off but you could talk to fault exception about what was done to get gps working in 20120803 of their cm10.

drizze99

Apr 22, 2005
Bear
I had the pleasure of testing this ROM for kravind and I must say that other than GPS, it is rock solid. Just make sure you follow the necessary steps (as usual) before flashing it.

Fictional Reality

Sep 27, 2010
i'm getting errors in the market, i've tried clearing data twice, even clearing data and rebooting, i updated su, cleared data...still getting errors

i get error retrieving info from server rpc aec blah blah

Fictional Reality

Sep 27, 2010
Sometimes a weak connection can cause that, were you using it with 3G

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

i'm on Wi-Fi....i even cleared davlik, reflashed...fixed perms...still getting errors...i'm just gonna start from step one all over with a reflash...won't flash the extras this time...see if that helps

side note...lol my lock screen is off center too...the lock tab is slightly off to the right on the lock screen...never seen that before...

update : flashed again w/o extras....works now, but lock screen is still off center...tried to set a custom dpi with a market app...won't boot up with a different dpi setting...

Last edited:
Reactions: davidgs

Hobbesfed

Jul 20, 2012
i'm on Wi-Fi....i even cleared davlik, reflashed...fixed perms...still getting errors...i'm just gonna start from step one all over with a reflash...won't flash the extras this time...see if that helps

side note...lol my lock screen is off center too...the lock tab is slightly off to the right on the lock screen...never seen that before...

update : flashed again w/o extras....works now, but lock screen is still off center...tried to set a custom dpi with a market app...won't boot up with a different dpi setting...

Hi, go into Build.Prop editor, and locate: ro.sf.lcd_density. click on it and change the 182 into a 240, reboot and get the stock dpi and ur lockscreen should be located perfectly :)

Fictional Reality

Sep 27, 2010
Hi, go into Build.Prop editor, and locate: ro.sf.lcd_density. click on it and change the 182 into a 240, reboot and get the stock dpi and ur lockscreen should be located perfectly :)

hey thanks a lot man! i'll reflash and try that...230 is the sweet spot for me :p

quick question if you don't mind, do you know what line i should edit to adjust the size of the lock screen icons?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP.png
    Important Notes:

1. Fully compiled from AOSP source ( source.android.com) with my mods and interesting ones from CM/AOKP.
    2. Read the changelog and installation instructions on the website here carefully.
    3. Feature requests will be ignored in general but will review ( if a relevant commit is provided) and decide
    4. No ports based on my ROM zip file, manifest.xml will be updated regularly and feel free to compile from source

Check out our feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Instructions
    For installation instructions please check here
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in Changelog

Downloads
    Get our latest rom here. You can get Slim Gapps and other addons from here.

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Bug list
    For a list of confirmed bugs look here

Thanks!
    Big thanks to CM team, without them SlimRoms wouldn't be possible.
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the source code.
    @ All:
    SB will continue. Prbassplayer will compile builds when source is ready, and he along with dougfresh will be the supporters for this thread answering qns, issues etc.
    Single file GPS fix

Okay, you can be even lazier now!

I've rolled all 3 files in one, so all you need to flash is this single file. I'm still testing it, but it locks in about 30 seconds indoors, with 30m accuracy. It also works after deep sleep, but I did get a lock right after boot. It was tested on Devil Kernel 1.8.1, and Semaphore 2.5.0 (stock for slim 2.9.0) and it works fine for both. I haven't tested it in other JB roms, but the script should work if they have the same partition layout. I used AngryGPS for the testing.

Credits go to jrafael, here is a link to his original post, which in turn references fixes by strictlyrude, chui101 and Mr_Psycho as far as I can tell.

I'll try to find the sources of the changes and pass it on to the OP so he can put them on a future release.
    2.4 released, should have received an OTA message. Read changelog, how to install, hit thanks ( prbassplayer and me), donate whatever. enjoy!
    Imp Note for 2.0:

- GPS not working afaik for vibrant. Don't report it as a bug. Will take a look @ some point.