Tutorial: How to Restore Your Galaxy Tab 10.1 back to stock using ODIN

Search This thread

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
Here's a quick step as well from my memory only, I just did this 2 days ago.

0. Ensure the tablet is at least 50% charged and is turned off.
1. Download Samsung USB driver and install on your PC.
2. Download Odin and extract to a folder.
3. Download the correct stock firmware from sammobile.com/firmware OR from samsung-updates.com. I would prefer the latest one. I got the Dec 20 2012 New Zealand for P7510. Extract the MD5 file on the folder where you placed Odin.
4. Run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file (extension is MD5). Leave the other options as is. Odin will take a minute or so to process the firmware.
5. While tablet still off, plug the USB cable on the samsung connector on the tablet. Don't insert in the PC yet.
6. Turn on the tablet by holding POWER and the VOLUME DOWN button to enter the recovery. Using the VOLUME DOWN button, move the highlight to the "Download Mode" (the right option), and press VOLUME UP button to choose it, and Continue after the warning.
7. Now connect the other end of the USB cable on the PC where Odin is waiting.
8. Click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.
9. If for some reason it hangs on SAMSUNG startup, repeat step 6 above but choose the left option (instead of download mode), and do a factory reset, and reboot the tablet after.
10. Done. Pure stock.

Last edited:

jtdc

Aug 17, 2008
Geylang
Perhaps you need to tick repartition in Odin? Just a guess though.

Sent from P7510 Tapatalk2

h8m8ker

Mar 5, 2013
No Root

3. Download the correct stock firmware from sammobile.com/firmware OR from samsung-updates.com. I would prefer the latest one. I got the Dec 20 2012 New Zealand for P7510. Extract the MD5 file on the folder where you placed Odin.
4. Run Odin as Administrator, tick on PDA, and choose the firmware file (extension is MD5). Leave the other options as is. Odin will take a minute or so to process the firmware.
5. While tablet still off, plug the USB cable on the samsung connector on the tablet. Don't insert in the PC yet.
6. Turn on the tablet by holding POWER and the VOLUME DOWN button to enter the recovery. Using the VOLUME DOWN button, move the highlight to the "Download Mode" (the right option), and press VOLUME UP button to choose it, and Continue after the warning.
8. Click START in Odin and wait for it to finish. The tablet will reboot when done.
9. If for some reason it hangs on SAMSUNG startup, repeat step 6 above but choose the left option (instead of download mode), and do a factory reset, and reboot the tablet after.
10. Done. Pure stock.

I have a slight problem and I hope this is the right forum page...
I flashed my tablet with Cyanogenmod 10.1 but have lost my ability to root my phone!!
To say the least it is a but frustrating. (Samsung Tab 2 10.1)
Thanks in advance

MichaelMcC

Sep 11, 2011
I have a slight problem and I hope this is the right forum page...
I flashed my tablet with Cyanogenmod 10.1 but have lost my ability to root my phone!!
To say the least it is a but frustrating. (Samsung Tab 2 10.1)
Thanks in advance

You know there is a GT2 forum and not everything here is compatible between this original 10.1 and yours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

TheDoctah

Mar 14, 2012
Brampton
Just bought a used 10.1 and this worked great for me. Previous owner really messed up the firmware before! The home button didnt even work! Thanks OP :)

Last edited:

riccardo_1958

Apr 29, 2012
buenos aires
Can I flash the room directly from recovery with full wipe?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Ok is an md5. Done by odin thanks

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

Andre Camello

Nov 23, 2012
eMMC Bug

Hi Dear Madmajd,

I own the Gtab 10.1 (P7510) is with the eMMC bug, if I perform this procedure can resolve?

Thank you.

markq4

Jun 24, 2013
hi, how would i know if the unit came from korea? so i would not make mistake in flashing a rom?

it says model number gt-p7500
i9103xxLQ3
3.1.10-1047436dpi@DELL141 #1 SMP PREEMPT mon AUG 20 18:41 KST2012
IMM76D.DXLP9

BrokenGalaxy

Jul 19, 2013
No luck restoring/resetting Tab

So I followed all instructions, found the right firmware, got Odin, everything seemed to go well, my tablet indicated that it was downloading the firmware, Odin finished and announced success... but my Tablet screen is black again, it doesn't reboot. Trying to reboot just gets me back to where I was before: Eternally stuck on the Samsung logo, unable to even turn it off for more than a few seconds because it simply turns itself back on and goes to the logo screen.

Trying to do a hard reset leads to the same black screen as the end result of Odin. Plugging in the tablet leads to a battery screen that looks frozen (though it does charge).

Anyone have any idea what's wrong with it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys

I made this video a while ago on how to restore your Galaxy Tab 10.1 back to stock using ODIN. Hopefully it helps some people out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ6VZGCdRSo

10. Done. Pure stock.