New Filebrowser with Root & SU permissions as well as built in terminal client

Search This thread

pentace

Oct 25, 2006
New App on market

Market Name: SU File Browser & Terminal
Developer: Protocol - X

Search for SU, Root, or pub:"Protocol-x"

Or click and or Scan this image if u have the reader installed on your Android Device.

Currently supports normal file browser commands: cut, copy, paste, rename, new directory, open ect.
ability to chmod a file or directory from the file browser with one click.
File search functionality whole partial any non case sensitive.
open, edit, save, save as, preview text,xml, css, html basically any readable format.

built in terminal emulator with soft keyboard support for devices without a hard keyboard.

This is still a beta so there are a few bugs as well as some soon to come UI changes.

keep in mind this is not ugly but it is not meant to be a "pretty" file browser. There are enough of those out there. This was designed for functionality.

15higl5.png
2pqopkh.png
a57nl1.png

mtotms.png
s4x2r8.png
6z7ccj.png

2h71k0n.png
wlawi0.png

SS (4).png
SS (5).png

***Fixed*** Known bugs:
Enter Key on soft keyboard does not work in terminal client. need to use the trackball >>if anyone knows this fix id love to hear it.<<

soft keyboard in landscape mode needs to be toggled on 2x the first time you open it.

Post any Bugs, issues, or ideas here please:cool:

Updates:

Changed Search UI so that it is no longer its own activity. This will allow the user to back out of the search box and still use the switcher on the bottom to switch between search, browse, and terminal.

Replaced pop up in search box with Search hint.

Corrected the trackball from defaulting to control key when changing Terminal prefs. Basically it will allow it to work as the enter key again after changing preferences.

Current users will have to change the preferences the first time they update in order to correct the issue if you previously had it.

menu> preferences> command key: select something other than jog ball

Updates 1.5:

Fixed Search UI bug
added preferences for List color, Text Size, and Selector Color

New:

Added ability to create sym links

Updates 1.6:

Email Support

Better thread processing to prevent system hangs and crashes.

Random amusement?

Updates 1.7:

Multiple Viewer and editor support Support

Issue with 1.7:

It appears that something was miscodded causing crashing whenever a dialog attempts to appear this will be fixed tonight I appologize in advance.

The app is currently unpublished for now. until i can fix this

1.7 Re-Published as 1.7.1:

Delete / Paste Crash Fixed

Update 1.7.5:

Search Fixed for Newer Hero Build
Current Directory/Browse To bar implemented
Partition RW/RO Status added

Update 1.7.8:

Filter set up for "Browse To" bar to prevent typos.
Bugs: Symlinks Broke?
Not sure if symlink in the code is broken or maybe if its this new hero build 2.3.3 I tried to manually create a link and that fails as well.
Any Feedback on this one would be appreciated.

Update 1.9:

Cleaned up a lot of code
added some additional menu icons
Better Alert descriptions
file support to the Browse to bar for manual entries

Update 1.9.5:

Recursive Zip Support Added for Extraction
Compressions support in the works.
view, extract all or single targets to the directory of your choice.
Remember u must Mount as RW if you would like to extract to anywhere other than in your SD card.

More terminal colors added per request:
Amber on Black
Green on Black
Red on Black

More code clean up

Update 1.9.9:

System/Data RW/RO replaced with S & D buttons as well as option to remount on click or from menu still
Optional Expandable tool bar added with:
Settable Home Button