[TESTING] Android Eclair 2.0.1 On Blackstone Jan 8, 2010

Search This thread

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
Over the Rafael Forums, babijoee is having a great testing process of Android 2.0.1 on Rafael which also works on Blackstone with some modifications, BIG THANKS to him.

So, here we will get Android 2.0.1 to work on our lovely Blackstone (HTC HD).

New Build by babijoee is released with COOL fixes. Jan 8, 2010

Note: There will be no nicknames for this project as it's a generic build.

Overall Status:

Working:
-Touchscreen:
-Vibration:
-Capacitive Buttons and Navigation wheel
-Keyboard
-Radio
-Brightness Control: Must turn off autolight in WinMo
-GPRS (thanks Phhusson )
-Microphone works: Reverted in-kernel htc_acoustic mic. Now using custom kernel without those commits. you can go thanks Battousai for this one !
-Charging (phhusson )
-Market
-Sound
-debugging breathing led for sleep mode: lets you know when your device is sleeping. This shouldnt affect your battery life at all.
-Wifi: was always on when enabled. Now it is used alot less often so the device will be warm at most.
-Task killer app.
-Android information program.
-Gsensor: fixed
-Power collapse
-Proximity sensor
-ramzswap
-idle sleep mode
-deep sleep: Remove pm.sleep_mode=X from startup.txt if you have it in your default.txt .. check this, http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5304904&postcount=731 (IMPORTANT).
-Accelerometer fix: Now very accurate and shouldn't cause your device to randomly change view. Thanks to mmone3
-sms fix: yep the one you guys have all been waiting for ( thanks phhusson )

Not Working:
-Bluetooth
-GPS
-Camera

-------------------------------

Fresh Installation:
1-Download the build from any of the links below.
2-Extract the zip file to your computer.
3-REPLACE startup.txt with the attached one then open it and add you wifi.mac
4-Copy all the files to your SD Card. (I prefer a clean SD)
5-Run Haret.
6-Wait for a while.
7-Smile.
8-Play with it. ("it" refers to your "Androided-Device).
9--Post your feedback.

--------------------------------------------

Download:

The current GIT
http://gitorious.org/linux-on-qualcomm-s-msm/linux-msm/commits/htc-msm-2.6.27

Downloads
BASE PACKAGE: http://htcandroid.xland.cz/XDANDROID.6.01.10.7z
THIS BUILD DOESN'T NOT FULLY INCORPORATE ALL LATEST COMMITS FROM GIT. I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!!!! THIS PACKAGE IS CUSTOM AND SHOULD NOT BE MODIFIED AT ALL IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK. DONT ADD ANYTHING BESIDES ANDROID APPS!!!! DO NOT UPDATE THE ZIMAGE OR MODULES OR YOU WILL FIND MIC DOES NOT WORK. ENJOY THE RELEASE

NEW*: System update: http://htcandroid.xland.cz/system-accelloremeter&smsfix.sqsh
SIMPLY RENAME TO system.sqsh AND OVERWRITE THE EXISTING system.sqsh AND THAT IS IT. THERE IS NO NEED TO DELETE DATA.IMG UNLESS YOU WANT TO.

zImage Autobuild (Glemsom) http://glemsom.anapnea.net/android/htc-msm-android/
-----------------------------------------

[COLO R="Red"]Use under your own responsibility, No Risk anyway.[/COLOR]

Donations:
Please donate to core developers of Android as they made it what it is today.
babijoee, dzo, zenulator, phhusson and any other that help you get Android working

Cheers. :cool:

Attachments

• STARTUP.TXT
    281 bytes · Views: 16,144
Last edited:

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
My test:

Material - All from post 1 + old calibration file + zimage from 18th Dec 2009

Run haret with my wm6.5 with PHONE ON, BT OFF, Wireless OFF, Data OFF. So, gsm was actualy working when i run haret from my wm6.5

Boot was normal and android boot himself in OFFLINE mode. I didn't understand why because phone was on in wm6.5.

I tried to turn on Wlan and it tried to initialize but then it didnt.

When i tried to disable airplane mode, it crashed as expected.

BTW, why dont we try to add wifi.mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx to startup.txt?

Thanks!

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
My test:

Material - All from post 1 + old calibration file + zimage from 18th Dec 2009

Run haret with my wm6.5 with PHONE ON, BT OFF, Wireless OFF, Data OFF. So, gsm was actualy working when i run haret from my wm6.5

Boot was normal and android boot himself in OFFLINE mode. I didn't understand why because phone was on in wm6.5.

I tried to turn on Wlan and it tried to initialize but then it didnt.

When i tried to disable airplane mode, it crashed as expected.

BTW, why dont we try to add wifi.mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx to startup.txt?

Thanks!

Great to find someone to test.

I don't think adding wifi.mac will work, I will test it though.
Something with Radio itself is preventing Eclair from booting, thats why we need to run haret in airplane on mode.

Currently, testing n searching to have phone working on Eclair.

;)

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
Any way to make android log/debug all the stuff so we can later see what made the crash?

Thanks

darkchmatak

Jan 25, 2009
Google Pixel 6a
boot

I am boot haret with phone on (wifi,bt,data off) but not freez. Freez only after when iam try to disable airoplane mod. Iam cant wait for next release :) /SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH (CZ)/

mcdull

Feb 15, 2007
Hong Kong
I guess, since osamaa started the phone with (radio off) option, which is required by the android build. And it is stored as setting in data.img. so others, without rebuilding data.img will be able to boot without setting radio off in winmo.

reyber

Dec 31, 2008
do you need to laungh it trow sd cart?
isn't there a possible to laungh it form the memmory of the phone?
thx

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
I guess, since osamaa started the phone with (radio off) option, which is required by the android build. And it is stored as setting in data.img. so others, without rebuilding data.img will be able to boot without setting radio off in winmo.

Yeah you're right.

The reason why the radio should remain off in the meantime is that the device freezes at startup, as mentioned earlier. You can't run haret with a blank data.img now. we should first find out what exactly causes the hang.

I'm looking into rootfs.img now. you guys can help by trying different ones and giving feedback.

Last edited:

herpez

Nov 5, 2007

However, in my case, i started haret with phone ON and when it went to android, android himself turn to airplane mode.

osamaa

Oct 10, 2009
Amman
www.osamaa.com
UPDATE:

babijoee made it up, RADIO IS WORKING NOW.

So the problem as he described is:

The reason for freeze

Something in the Android build is telling it to use CDMA networks, so when it loads the radio and connects to the GSM network it freezes. I have used the latest diam500 zImage which is meant for CDMA and Android runs perfectly without even using my data.img. Although there is no CDMA networks where i live so i cannot connect to anything. Perhaps someone with a CDMA device can confirm this. I'm going to do some research on how to switch to GSM. If anyone already knows how to do this, be my guest and share your knowledge :D

nvm i fixed this and now its working :D

I will test it first on Blackstone then post a release for you guys to test (Or to call your friends telling them guess what I'm using Android 2.0.1 on my HD) :p

Keep Following. ;)

herpez

Nov 5, 2007
UPDATE:

I will test it first on Blackstone then post a release for you guys to test (Or to call your friends telling them guess what I'm using Android 2.0.1 on my HD) :p

Keep Following. ;)

I'm following. However, i think it's better to talk in the other topic, unless if it's a Blackstone specific problem.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for the update!!!

twister_65

Jun 25, 2009
UPDATE:

Keep Following. ;)

nice to hear :)

What is the problem to "flash" Android on the internal ROM ?
I mean, when i press the On Button on the phone, it starts a "Bootloader".. this starts windows mobile.

Why should it not possible to tell the bootloader to start direkt Android?

Kenia1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2008
Great work guys!!! it seems to be working pretty well...not yet as good as 1.6 by phh but it's on the way...and it could be even better...really better...
Android 2.0.1 is great... :)
keep on this way!!! :)

Top Liked Posts