Will an all run fastest on SD or internal memory?

Search This thread

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
It's not quite as daft as it sounds this. When I briefly had a S5 and was trying to speed the thing up I ran a tester app which showed my SD card was capable of faster data transfers than "internal SD." Now I don't know if the note 3 has the same sort of setup but would an app be slower on the external SD as you'd expect, or if there's an advantage to moving stuff to SD aside from making more room for stuff.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
It's not quite as daft as it sounds this. When I briefly had a S5 and was trying to speed the thing up I ran a tester app which showed my SD card was capable of faster data transfers than "internal SD." Now I don't know if the note 3 has the same sort of setup but would an app be slower on the external SD as you'd expect, or if there's an advantage to moving stuff to SD aside from making more room for stuff.

It's generally faster on internal memory due to the lag of retrieval from external but not sure now with these new high speed cards. Would depend if the hardware on the Note 3 has the ability to utilise the actual speed of the sd card and the type of formatting the sd card has....