Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 RTM (*Updated* OEM Mobile Packages)

Search This thread
N

Nighthawk2050

The .NET Compact Framework team has spent the last year planning and developing the next version of the .NET Compact Framework 3.5, which aligns with the .NET Framework 3.5 shipping within Visual Studio 2008 code named “Orcas”. The team has focused its efforts in 4 areas including, addressing core problems of creating distributed mobile applications by enabling mobile devices to interoperate with Windows Communication Foundation services, Implementing device specific features from LINQ, continuing to implement highly requested features and refining NETCF’s ability to diagnose and solve reliability and supportability issues.

New Features Included:
• System.IO.Compression support, including support for HTTP compression.
• Support for a subset of Linq’s Standard Query Operators.
• SoundPlayer support using WaveOut allowing for multiple sounds to play at once.
• New API in Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms for easily distinguishing Smartphone and Pocket PC.
• Allow Nested FuncEval's.
• Enhanced logging for interop functionality with native code.
• Stack Trace Enhancements.
• GAC Improvements.
• Allow for StrongName keys greater than 1024 long.
• To improved logging of finalizer activities to enhance product supportability.
• Allow log files to be read at runtime.

My Trinity WM5 has increased in speed by 40% and under a WM6 by about 20% increase once you uninstall .NET 2.0 and install 3.5.

Thanks to everyone for their response. It is being uploaded now and available here:

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Upload/Micorosft .NET CF 3.5 RTM/CABS/ --> Copy to your phone
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Uploads/Upload/Micorosft .NET CF 3.5 RTM/FULL/ --> Install on your PC with Trinity connected using ActiveSync

or here:

ftp://xda:xda@ftp.servage.net/Upload/Micorosft .NET CF 3.5 RTM/CABS/ --> Copy to your phone
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.servage.net/Upload/Micorosft .NET CF 3.5 RTM/FULL/ --> Install on your PC with Trinity connected using ActiveSync

or here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/74341832/NETCF_3.5_ppc_ce5.rar(from FAMAN)

Cheers

Hawk

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 6,206
  • CABS.jpg
    CABS.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4,932
Last edited:
N

Nighthawk2050

If you can provide me with an FTP I will upload for everyone to install. In addition my Trinity WM5 has increased in speed by 40% and WM6 by about 20% once you uninstall .NET 2.0 and install 3.5.

N

Nighthawk2050

I do not have a rapidshare accout so a FTP server would be appreciated. I have both SQL CE 3.5 and .NET CF 3.5 which I can share.

ausdim

Jan 9, 2007
I do not have a rapidshare accout so a FTP server would be appreciated. I have both SQL CE 3.5 and .NET CF 3.5 which I can share.

You dont nead a rapidshare account for that...

Just go HERE..

and upload your file's, after give us the download adr.

Or

Go HERE.. and read how can upload to xda ftp server's.
Thank's for sharing..

Last edited:
N

Nighthawk2050

Uploading to the locations at the top of this post. Have fun!!!

Hawk

N

Nighthawk2050

so how do you uninstall 2.0 if it's built into your ROM?
Or just install 3.5 over it anyway?

You can install 3.5 as well if you have space, but otherwise you need to get a Basic Rom without 2.0 included. I have tried 2.0 and 3.5 together on the same device and it is still slow. If you remove 2.0 prior to 3.5 then you will get the increase in performance.

Hawk

-SKYLINE-

May 25, 2007
You can install 3.5 as well if you have space, but otherwise you need to get a Basic Rom without 2.0 included. I have tried 2.0 and 3.5 together on the same device and it is still slow. If you remove 2.0 prior to 3.5 then you will get the increase in performance.

Hawk

what happens if you don't even have 2.0 to begin with? Any increase in speed with 3.5? Then again, I try to avoid using any programs requiring .net CF 2.0 anyway

N

Nighthawk2050

Well normally by default I have a .NET CF installed and most apps use it so hence upgrading gives you a speed increase. If you have never installed CF ever then I am unsure of what improvements you will get. Perhaps someone could test this?

nonegiven

Jun 21, 2007
Too bad CF 2.0 is built into most/all WM6 factory ROMs. Once we start getting some cooked ROMs for the Sprint Touch, hopefully 2.0 can be replaced with 3.5

MForde

Oct 17, 2007
Which cab is appropriate for WM2003

Hi Nighthawk 2050,

Which of the listed cab files is appropriate for a pocket pc (non-phone) device with arm cpu and running WM2003FE?