[Q] Is the ZTE Crescent still the best replacement for the Blade?

Search This thread

Shahmatt

Dec 27, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if the Crescent still remains the best replacement for the Blade.

Do we know if there are any other worthy budget alternatives being released within the next few months?

saaransh9

Jul 22, 2011
something with good community support will go well crescent doesn't have a big commmunity

Gokh

Jan 14, 2012
Take a phone with armv7 procesor, armv6 id dead :(

Send from my ZTE Blade!

bladebuddy

Dec 31, 2011
I own both phones and my opinion is the crescent is faster and has a better camera including a front facing one but it is more bulky in the pocket slightly harder to unlock has not that many roms at the moment and is a finger print magnet. The blade is now equal when it comes to game play has loads more roms , feels nicer in your pocket and a massive following and help. So if you what to upgrade the crescent really isn't much of one. I am back to using my blade.

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using Tapatalk 2

wbaw

Might be better off buying one of last year's good phones instead, you should be able to get something with ARMv7 (so all apps & games work) for a similar price, or not much more, maybe a 2nd hand Nexus S or something.

Shahmatt

Dec 27, 2011
Well I love my Blade. I run Swedish Snow on it and it's rock solid and stable, and does what I need.

But I think that the Blade is reaching its hardware limits. Most modern phones are ultra smooth and responsive even with stock ROMs. I wouldn't mind an upgrade to a phone with better hardware specs. A larger screen may also be a good idea.

I don't live in the UK, but I have the opportunity to get a San Francisco II since a friend of mine is traveling there within the next week. I am just wondering if it's worthwhile the purchase.

I think what makes the Blade an excellent choice is because of the massive support base. So are there any other phones which shows this type of support base, or show signs of an impending explosion of support?

How about upcoming models like the ZTE Mimosa and Era?

Last edited:

Gokh

Jan 14, 2012
I think all the phones which are one xda forum have good community, just dont take different model of a famous phone like blade s, galaxy sl, or galaxy IIG, they have bad community

Send from my ZTE Blade!