FM Radio in ICS (need tester)

Search This thread

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
yea this would be real nice for my tab as sometimes at work i have to use wifikill to boot customers off the hub so i can use internet radio :D
would be good if i could just use a fm radio and not have to bother. :D
it does seem kinda strange that acer didnt include a fm app/feature if the wireless card can handle it?
woulda just been another chalk up against the i-bull :D

tbh the fatmans right
fm radio app.
and people start banging on about what they think is the best recovery, its things like this that theres so many people not bothering to read OP's before posting questions because theres usual countless pages of off-topic posts.
im not getting on either side of either arguement here but u can see my point eh?

"yeah we're gonna sneak in and take the main.........."LEEEEROY!! JENKINS!!!" :D:D

Last edited:

chismay

May 5, 2011
LONDON
if we got hold of the apk for the fm radio from a device using the same wireless card should it not "just work"?

i mean yeah i get how its diff' devices diff' drivers and such but .....is it at all possible that way?

BPaul

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2011
Astana
empireb.ml
BCM4329 have FM
You can get driver from HTC Sensation or other based on this chip

But there is no certainty that there is a FM-Antenna

tawhid111

Apr 3, 2011
TORONTO
i will test:)

ok after several hours of diging around this app work so far ... I highly doubt that if iconia has a bilt in FM Radio Tuner..[no tuner no radio]
You can always play web cast radio which plays local radio stations. via web

Or buy a USBFMRADIO-RD may work with the radio app (bluetooth fm radio)

also go to settings audio than method try qs8250 etc...
as for app +ics this radio app would install fine make sure your bluetooth is on.or you mind end up with errors .it seems to scan but cant hear audio. maybe have to play around with settings:D

you may need something like this antena

Attachments

• Fradio.zip
    418 KB · Views: 88
  • img1472x.jpg
    img1472x.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

Tib44

May 6, 2011
How to install

@yipyipyip

Have you try ? Does it works ?

Can you make a tuto to explain how to make FM radio working on a ICS A500?

Thanks

jnktechstuff

Mar 22, 2012
tried everything from above post i found an fm app and installed it it just sits there on the launch screen trying to load the radio, tried everything above and nothing
last attempt is to re activate my mobile data(not on a501) lets see
Update: sorry no luck/\
BTW i put all this on lightspeed 4.8 and flashed it

Last edited:

JoeyDVDZ

Sep 17, 2009
Beachwood NJ
I just tried to copy the FM radio files from my thunderbolt (couldn't find one file, hmm. ) anyway, I copied them over to my a500 running WDS' JB rom, rebooted, and it installed the radio app. When I launched it initially, I was prompted to insert my headphones so it is looking for an antenna source. I did this, and restarted the radio. This time the app launched, but is stuck at "FM Radio is being launched, please wait...".

So, what think you?

Top Liked Posts