Trying to restore ATT Stock

Search This thread

brswattt

Nov 3, 2010
Spring, TX
So, a while back I installed the KitKit ROM for ATT before any custom ones were out.
I'm trying to flash the stock back onto my device with LG Flash Tool but it keeps telling me I have the wrong device for the .tot file and .dll file. It seems like my D800 is recognized as a D802 international G2. How can I fix this?

In settings > about phone it shows it as D800, but under software it shows D80220a. I also tried to install a custom recovery but that didn't work out. Gave me a certificate error.

Last edited:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
So, a while back I installed the KitKit ROM for ATT before any custom ones were out.
I'm trying to flash the stock back onto my device with LG Flash Tool but it keeps telling me I have the wrong device for the .tot file and .dll file. It seems like my D800 is recognized as a D802 international G2. How can I fix this?

In settings > about phone it shows it as D800, but under software it shows D80220a. I also tried to install a custom recovery but that didn't work out. Gave me a certificate error.

it sounds like you have a custom rom like poweruser anyways if your device is d800 but shows d802 then you can try the dll in the poweruser thread which ignores model check for d800 only

Reactions: brswattt

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA

Use the DLL file posted in this thread. Its universal and should solve our problem.
Hit thanks when done:good:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46454430&postcount=1

brswattt

Nov 3, 2010
Spring, TX

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Thanks so much!
So after I do this, and want to install a KitKat Rom such as : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2728703

what are the proper steps?
do I have to update to KitKat somehow again? Or can I just root / install custom recovery and flash and be good to go?

Yup install official att stock rom then acheive root using ioroot25 or ioroot23 after that install Autorec(by cloudyf) this will adjust your bootloader and install a custom recovery. after that install any custom rom you want.

brswattt

Nov 3, 2010
Spring, TX
Yup install official att stock rom then acheive root using ioroot25 or ioroot23 after that install Autorec(by cloudyf) this will adjust your bootloader and install a custom recovery. after that install any custom rom you want.

Let it be known that I did NOT install the official stock KitKat ROM it was the other one,4.2.2. Will AutoRec still work?

EDIT: Scratch that, all went smoothly. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Don't say it's universal that's false information, it's only for d800 and all it does is ignore the model check

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

I know its for D800, what I meant is whatever version his phone got changed to, this DLL will bypass model check; therefore allowing him to flash back the ATT stock. Maybe I should have worded differently.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I know its for D800, what I meant is whatever version his phone got changed to, this DLL will bypass model check; therefore allowing him to flash back the ATT stock. Maybe I should have worded differently.

Yea when you put it like that it makes more sense

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

it sounds like you have a custom rom like poweruser anyways if your device is d800 but shows d802 then you can try the dll in the poweruser thread which ignores model check for d800 only

Use the DLL file posted in this thread. Its universal and should solve our problem.
    Hit thanks when done:good:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46454430&postcount=1
    Thanks so much!
    So after I do this, and want to install a KitKat Rom such as : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2728703

what are the proper steps?
    do I have to update to KitKat somehow again? Or can I just root / install custom recovery and flash and be good to go?